LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

My 93 LS400...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-09, 06:10 PM
LSprideLS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rollaboy
Wooow.. Really nice thread. Your project is very cool. Good to see some serious modifications. And dont listen to LSprideLS. Stock is boring. Its more fun to have something that people will turn around and look after. something special and more unique. Of'course its have to be good looking and alot of people dont know the limits and there it goes from cool to riser. But imo its not the thing here.

You go all the way. 20" classic good looking rims and then the air ride and exhaust. And also the bodykit. Only thing i dont like is the eyelids. You say you will try to cut them. Well i dont think they fit an LS.

But else i can just say very nice work there. I know myself how many hours that are used in suchs projects. You do i good job in sharing pictures and giving directions. Very cool i must say. Thumbs up. I hope i can put up some pictures of my LS project soon :-)

I'm looking for a airride kit for my LS also. Maybe you can PM me with price and where you bought it from. That would be nice thank you.

Greetings from Denmark :-) Regards Michael (Sorry for the bad spelling)

Btw, LSprideLS go to ebay and buy some old LS brochures and **** to it. And leave me and other car tuning/moding addicts do the facelifts ;-)
wow, **** to it haha you obviously dont know much about ls 400 i dont know how many times i was stopped by some complete stranger asking me if i would sell it i was offered a max of 23k for it and i refused coz i take good care of it ive got some window tint but when im done conditioning the leather polish wax the body it looks like its just been out of the showroom so no need for your crazy talk
Old 08-31-09, 07:23 PM
LSprideLS
Driver School Candidate

woooooooow man!!! theres been a huge misunderstanding here dude all this time i thought the first pic was what youve done to it the culprit is now understood to be the guy whom you actually bought this from im sorry dude i just kept skipping to the final page now i c your doin a great job restoring this car man good job . i guess my first comment is directed toward the guy you bought this from. i owe you an apology i cant beleive i missed that first time around (all you other guys that thrashed me you sure as hell r not getting an apology outta me,too bad for you)
Old 08-31-09, 07:28 PM
Schnitz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This guy can't be for real. Just ignore him.
Old 08-31-09, 07:40 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug
Forum Moderator

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by LSprideLS
woooooooow man!!! theres been a huge misunderstanding here dude all this time i thought the first pic was what youve done to it the culprit is now understood to be the guy whom you actually bought this from im sorry dude i just kept skipping to the final page now i c your doin a great job restoring this car man good job . i guess my first comment is directed toward the guy you bought this from. i owe you an apology i cant beleive i missed that first time around (all you other guys that thrashed me you sure as hell r not getting an apology outta me,too bad for you)
so you still havent read the original post....
he didnt buy the car this way, in fact he stated he's owned the car for over a decade before he decided to piece together this relatively rare kit himself and start modifying the car.

Garage, please keep postin up updates
Old 08-31-09, 07:48 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This is a moderator request to keep the discussion about the topic (93 LS 400), and not the posters themselves. Please try to keep a civil and polite manner towards one another. If you find problems with the posts made, please notify a moderator via the buttons provided. Otherwise ignoring unwanted comments or 'agreeing to disagree' is an option. Thank you.
Old 08-31-09, 08:56 PM
20sburning
Driver

This is a great car and a great thread. Keep up the good work. The way i look at it is if somebody is hating on your car or you taste then just say screw em!
Old 08-31-09, 09:13 PM
Lanson
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

I think someone here said best once,

"If they aren't hating, you're doing it wrong!"

I agree, it looks great.
Old 09-01-09, 01:45 AM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Garage7RP
Thank you! I am also unsure of the eyelids as they are starting to look aggressive to me. But those can removed and put on easily and it just depends on the mood.

Many hours after work has been put in car. I got the air ride kit by KSport through RidesLow. You can PM him and he will give you the best price in the market. Let him know that Garage7RP referred you for the extra discount

Just take your time in creating your LS so you will do it right the first time and not waste money.

Thanks again for visiting the thread.
Ok cool, i will talk to RidesLow and of'course mention your name.

And yeah i know nice things takes time. Rather safe up and buy the good stuff than buy some cheap plastic looking f&f rims. LS is more a VIP car than a fast and furious ricer in my opinion.

I sure will be looking out for new pictures etc in this thread. Keep up the good work :-) And yeah the paintjob does alot to a half-finish car. What about the color. Are we talking about some Limo Black VIP color? ;-)

I dont know what LSprideLS really means? I guess he's confused. But I will just say sorry for my bad language in this thread. Well lets keep the concentration about LS rides. And its ok to be critic but no need for dissing.

Nice work Garage7RP
Old 09-01-09, 02:07 AM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

wow, **** to it haha you obviously dont know much about ls 400 i dont know how many times i was stopped by some complete stranger asking me if i would sell it i was offered a max of 23k for it and i refused coz i take good care of it ive got some window tint but when im done conditioning the leather polish wax the body it looks like its just been out of the showroom so no need for your crazy talk
Ohh and by the way, its ok to have a classic looking car. No doubt, and when i buy a car i always looking for those in good condition. Dont wanna buy a ride where some young kid got trashed with cheap ricer stuff. But theres always a difference in taste. In me and others like the VIP look. I think the LS stock looks too much an "old mans car". Amber corner lights and 15" hub cap looking alu wheels hehe. It needs a facelift.

And though i want my car to be VIP style i also want to get the leather back in fine condition. So why dont we stop arguing and make a thread about leather threatment
Old 09-06-09, 09:28 AM
aLR.Roots5
Driver School Candidate

Nice can't wait to see this finished.
Old 09-06-09, 08:00 PM
genetic
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should have took the 23k

i would have
Old 09-08-09, 03:05 AM
j three
Lexus Test Driver

Garage 7RP your ride is looking sweet man! It looks like you may live in cali. If you are in the socal area I would love to take a ride to audition your airtec setup. I have a 99 LS with Megan coilovers and I am strongly considering the same Ksport system you have since I would love to be lower but would still like the practicality of raising the car to clear obstacles we all encounter in everyday life.
Old 09-09-09, 04:58 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Props for modding your car yourself, after 10 yrs of ownership no less!!!
Old 09-09-09, 07:32 PM
Garage7RP
Lead Lap

Smile To j three

Thanks! I'm currently painting the body kit. Nothing fancy or professional and everything is being prepped and painted in my garage. This is a budget build that I just want to complete and someday will get a good paint job once I have the extra cash.

I really like my KSport Air Pro suspension. If you are going to "The Pursuit", I will be there. Hopefully the kit will be completely painted but if not I will still go

Originally Posted by j three
Garage 7RP your ride is looking sweet man! It looks like you may live in cali. If you are in the socal area I would love to take a ride to audition your airtec setup. I have a 99 LS with Megan coilovers and I am strongly considering the same Ksport system you have since I would love to be lower but would still like the practicality of raising the car to clear obstacles we all encounter in everyday life.

Last edited by Garage7RP; 09-09-09 at 07:37 PM.
Old 09-09-09, 07:39 PM
Garage7RP
Lead Lap

Smile To veritek

Thank you! I was not into VIP back then and mostly pre-occupied with drag and autocross racing.

Originally Posted by veritek
Props for modding your car yourself, after 10 yrs of ownership no less!!!

Quick Reply: My 93 LS400...