LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Allow Me To Introduce Myself...

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-10, 10:05 PM
1DIRTY1LS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyg66
I feel your joy. I too just got my first Lexus. Its a 92 about a month ago. Silver. Wasn't really looking for one but always wanted one. This place is a great resource for info. Doubt i will dress it up like most others just plan on leaving it close to stock. Have done minor upgrades. Speakers for one since all doors had been blown. Sub is in working order. Just waiting for my dash to return from BBReman. Well anyway its Great to have a LS.
Yep, I'm in love with it. I'm thinking about an audio upgrade soon as well, however I have some other things that are top priority.

Originally Posted by I'mStock
You seem to think very highly of yourself. Good luck with your new project.
Haha, I appreciate the honesty. I do come off as a bit of a cocky douche sometimes. I'll admit it. Thanks man.

Originally Posted by Asia-H.T.
Welcome! good luck with the LS. should be fun to see progress on it now and then
Yep, thanks a lot man. It's coming together nicely. Definitely a good car.

Originally Posted by Brandicus
Dont mind PD, he has his good and bad days. We are a bit snobby but only because our cars are built better and deserve as such.

Welcome to ClubLexus
I really wasn't offended at all by PD. He seems like a very knowledgeable guy and I totally respect his opinion.

While I am a former Honda guy, and still an enthusiast, I would normally argue your last comment, however after owning this vehicle and experiencing it, I totally agree. Honda's technology has always impressed me, and I've always put them above every other company, but after owning the LS for a while, I have a whole new respect for Toyota. I can hardly believe the car was built way back in 1991. ****, I am more than amazed by the technology and engineering put into this car considering the age.

Much much love to Toyota.
Old 06-22-10, 09:27 AM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1DIRTY1LS

While I am a former Honda guy, and still an enthusiast, I would normally argue your last comment, however after owning this vehicle and experiencing it, I totally agree. Honda's technology has always impressed me, and I've always put them above every other company, but after owning the LS for a while, I have a whole new respect for Toyota. I can hardly believe the car was built way back in 1991. ****, I am more than amazed by the technology and engineering put into this car considering the age.

Much much love to Toyota.
you dont know the half of it, over a billion was sunk into r&d for this car (f-1) and it took several years of research before the thing ever came out. In 1990 they had massaging rear seats/curtains/gps... truly ahead of its time. In the US we got jipped we didnt get the UL goodness until 2002 iirc?
Old 06-22-10, 12:29 PM
1DIRTY1LS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Brandicus
you dont know the half of it, over a billion was sunk into r&d for this car (f-1) and it took several years of research before the thing ever came out. In 1990 they had massaging rear seats/curtains/gps... truly ahead of its time. In the US we got jipped we didnt get the UL goodness until 2002 iirc?
Actually, I read all of that before I bought the car. Well, most of that anyway. The information is all over the web. That's a big part of why I bought this car.
Old 06-22-10, 01:35 PM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

alllllrighty then, good luck buddy
Old 06-22-10, 06:31 PM
j three
Lexus Test Driver

Welcome to CL 1DIRTY1LS. I was also a Honda lover as well, I had a 90 Accord EX and loved that car. Imo to this day the best cars from the early 90's that are the most abundant on the road today are the 90-93 Accord and 90-94 LS. This is based on overall amount and the amount compared to their direct competition. The shape of the 90-93 Accord is timeless and was so ahead of it's time back then. Once I drove my Dads 94 LS I was instantly a Lexus man from there on. Good luck with your new love. Oh yeah, Megan coilovers all the way.

Last edited by j three; 06-22-10 at 06:59 PM.