LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

ASE664 pricing rcvd (lower air suspension)

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-02, 07:48 AM
JTJerryls400
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I saw somewhere on toyota supra mkIII forum there was easy mod that set TEMS (I think we have same idea in AS lexus) in hard position all the time.
link:
http://www.supras.com/sogi/techtips/...irm/index.html

Jerry
Old 08-07-02, 10:57 AM
ColoLS4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm glad to see that this thread is growing. There is a bunch of us with the AS.

ToyLexmods,

I did lower my LS by twisting the rods in the front and rear. I would say the car sits about 1.5 inches lower all around. And yes, at 82mph the car does lower itself and works great. No tire rubbing and it actually feels more stable at speeds above 80. Just wish it would stay that low all the time.

I agree, the ASE in the car is the way to go, but I could not (at the time) find anyone to import. I would like to see someone pick your box up and try it, I just do not have the time. If it was plug and play - maybe.
Old 08-07-02, 05:39 PM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

Colo,

Hey, glad to hear others are interested. Like I was saying...I have 10 of the 15 wires decoded. I can control all 4 corners of the car with a turn of the dial. The controller works awesome. ...whats left is the decode of the shock damping portion of the controller. I dont have my 92LS here in the mountains to finish the decode on the shock damping portion...but, the height function is plug and go ready to install.

Your down on the front range...great. Did you make it to the Bandimere meet? I had one of my Supra's down on that day.
Old 08-08-02, 08:15 AM
ColoLS4
Driver School Candidate

ToyLexmods

To be honest, I could care less about the shock damping as my LS is not a road racing car. If the decode is easy it would be nice to have, but not a must for me. That's what my S2000 is for.

I did make it to Bandimere with my 6-year old. Brought my S2000. I wanted to race it, but having to stay there all day in the heat would of been no fun for my son. Did you run the Supra?
Old 08-08-02, 08:30 AM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

Colo,

Yep, the decode was easy for the height adj functions....matter of minutes to get it up and running. Now, I need a test veh to finish the shock damping portion. My 92 is back in Iowa and our 94 here does not have AS.

Yes, I have the hotrods for playing but still like a good handling daily driver. Most hopes for power are dead on the SC400 so I have plans to upgrade suspension, brakes and wheels. I have 98TT Supra wheels, TTsupra brakes and TRD sway bars slated for my SC. Then we will see if coilovers are needed.

My 87 Supra is built for all out speed runs and handling. I dont like the drag scene and damage is does to the driveline. If the car were a beater or setup for drag...thats another story. My wife and I did have fun on the way home....thats why we drove it down. We hit the backroads to Bailey...then over to Breck and back home to Eagle.

Shot of my 87...maybe you noticed it parked way in the back on the pitside.
Old 08-08-02, 08:31 AM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

Ooops,

Here is a pic
Attached Thumbnails ASE664 pricing rcvd (lower air suspension)-p9230020.jpg  
Old 08-08-02, 02:08 PM
ColoLS4
Driver School Candidate

The mountain drive is always cool. HW-285 is a nice drive. I'm assuming you went over Kenosha pass? I have family in Conifer so we drive that road a bunch.

Sorry to say I did not see your Supra when we were there. Looks great! My neighbor has one about your year that I think they are thinking of selling. It is silver/blue, non turbo, has the wheel flairs from the factory etc... Their kids drive it now. They are looking at the Subaru WRX for a replacement. That would be a heck of a car for a teenager!

I'm more interested in the controller, but I would like to see it in action. Are you going to be in the South Jeffco area anytime soon? PM me if you are and maybe we could meet, hook it up and decode the damping wires. You know a guy by the name of Rusty Buick? Yep, that's his real name. He lives in Eagle.
Old 08-08-02, 03:08 PM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

Colo,

Ahhh, your neighbors car is the prior generation pre-86....170hp. My 87T is the next generation...dyno tuned to 500hp and boost is set to about 22psi with an HKS turbo. Big difference between those 2 generations. I think my 87T just turned 70k miles.

Yes, 285 is ok but ...we take a road called Deer Creek Canyon...further south on C470...it heads West out of Denver and before you hit 285..you jump on Turkey Creek Rd. That will drop you out near Conifer...then its 285 West. Oh my, do we have fun on Deer Creek and Turkey Creek. hehe

I dont make it down to the front range much....but, can keep you in mind on my next trip....usually on the weekend for some shopping and stuff.