LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

megan racing motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-10, 04:50 AM
williamb82
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by vinnie420
I believe they are urethane, at least that's what it looks like in the description. Megan is by no means "budget" parts. I've never used them, but know many who have and from what I understand it's all first rate. @ williamb82 why not email megan and see if these parts are interchangable for the LS? This is a smooth v8 cars and I don't think any NVH that would be picked up would be terribly annoying you may not even notcie any difference. It's not like these motors have aggressive cams and they tend to be very quiet.
i have no doubts they will fit. my question was has anyone used them and are they any good. yes, this v8 is the smoothest running v8 ive ever seen. i remember the old lexus commercials where they put a glass of water on the engine and reved it to redline and never spilled a drop.
Old 10-12-10, 05:06 PM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
what "first rate" parts would you say are easily available in the US?
since when does obtainability = quality?

let's call it how it is, megan makes mediocre products that are readily available at an affordable price point. whatever obstacles are encountered dealing with other, higher quality, products does not make their's (megan) any better.
Old 10-13-10, 02:46 AM
j three
Lexus Test Driver

I think what he means is just that the only thing budget about Megan is the price and their product quality and reliability has been shown to be up there with the more expensive brands, and to not discount them based on price alone. I agree, especially with no experience with applications for these cars. On another note, anyone see the new lower line Megan coilovers? PD I don't know if you remember but I mentioned a while back that I wish the LP's came with a polly or rubber upper mount option, well these new ones come with them, I would like to see if they are interchangeable.
Old 10-14-10, 02:34 AM
NisMax
Rookie

Originally Posted by j three
I think what he means is just that the only thing budget about Megan is the price and their product quality and reliability has been shown to be up there with the more expensive brands, and to not discount them based on price alone. I agree, especially with no experience with applications for these cars. On another note, anyone see the new lower line Megan coilovers? PD I don't know if you remember but I mentioned a while back that I wish the LP's came with a polly or rubber upper mount option, well these new ones come with them, I would like to see if they are interchangeable.
I heard Megan coilovers were quality products. Thanks for the info on the new coilover line.
Old 10-14-10, 06:31 AM
I'mStock
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by williamb82
i have no doubts they will fit. my question was has anyone used them and are they any good. yes, this v8 is the smoothest running v8 ive ever seen. i remember the old lexus commercials where they put a glass of water on the engine and reved it to redline and never spilled a drop.

Maybe that had something to do with the stock motor mounts?
Old 10-14-10, 06:55 AM
williamb82
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by I'mStock
Maybe that had something to do with the stock motor mounts?
how when it was on an engine stand?

anyhow, i bought stock motor mounts and trans mounts. dont feel like waiting another pay period to order the megans. i want to finish fixing it already. got a couple more tools i want to buy as well anyway.
Old 02-19-18, 07:08 AM
blumagic
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

has anyone ever confirmed fitment?

I loved my Megan motor and trans mounts in my Genesis. I welcome all vibrations.
Old 08-07-20, 03:00 PM
76Mercedes
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blumagic
has anyone ever confirmed fitment?

I loved my Megan motor and trans mounts in my Genesis. I welcome all vibrations.
So what was the outcome here? Did they fit?
were you using the entire sc mount in the ls?