LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Squealing noise, and grinding sounds during braking

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-11, 09:52 PM
rickhughe9
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squealing noise, and grinding sounds during braking

Squealing noise, and grinding during braking from the front of the vehicle. Determine what side the noise is coming from. it would be the front lower control arm bushing. I purchase mine $33.99 from auto warehouse in San Jose, California, United States. Or go to "www.autowearhouse.biz" to view the store. store owner's name is Jerry phone#408-460-6602 great guy to do business with got part in a very timely manner! Information I got on the part is well worth it I had my left driver side done and it works and runs fine. I am thinking of doing the passanger side the same way with the same bushing.

Don't be fooled by mechanics and dealers who tell you that the bushings on your vehicle cannot be replaced. Whole entire assemblies don't have to be purchased. Save yourself tons of money with these bushing replacement inserts. These are Polyurethane! Engineered to fit better, last longer, and provide increased performance. Whether your repairing your worn OEM bushings, upgrading for better performance, or simply refreshing the brand new feel of your car. Polyurethane bushings is the best way to go!

Polyurethane bushings are used in professional race vehicles such as NASCAR, because of its ability to endure harsh driving conditions and because the material is impervious to oil and salt.
Old 02-06-11, 09:03 PM
billydpowe
Lexus Champion

Received 173 Likes on 130 Posts

yep, but those poly bushings make a Lexus ride like an old hay wagon.... I took mine off and went OEM to get my ride back...
Old 02-06-11, 09:16 PM
sdls
Lexus Champion

Received 294 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by billydpowe
yep, but those poly bushings make a Lexus ride like an old hay wagon.... I took mine off and went OEM to get my ride back...
Something is very wrong about the original post in this thread. It doesn't seem to fit well together. It almost seems like a spam bot advertisement.
Old 02-06-11, 09:41 PM
Mugen_1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sdls
Something is very wrong about the original post in this thread. It doesn't seem to fit well together. It almost seems like a spam bot advertisement.
I checked his other three posts and they all seem legit.
Old 02-07-11, 01:42 AM
Bott63
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm stuck in the same boat...
I still searching in this forum for alternatives, for bad LCA bushings...
Replace them, replace the entire LCA with new bushings installed, or replace the LCA with an LCA from a Supra? Still searching for an answer to the last method mentioned...
My bushings are almost non existant, so removing shouldn't be tough. However, how tough is it to install/press new bushings? Any special tools suggested?

Thanks!

Patrick