LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

My new ls :-D

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-11, 11:31 PM
genetic
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet LS and 4-car garage!
Old 03-19-11, 11:33 PM
fatcat2
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by genetic
Sweet LS and 4-car garage!
thats my dads house, i wish i had a 4 car garage, just a single car garage at some apartments down the street till we find the right house.
Old 03-20-11, 10:49 AM
kraven9
Lead Lap

The car looks clean.
Old 03-20-11, 12:04 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

clean car, nicer garage lol.
Old 03-20-11, 12:27 PM
deanshark
Pole Position

Received 313 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by fatcat2
thats my dads house, i wish i had a 4 car garage, just a single car garage at some apartments down the street till we find the right house.
Yea that 4 car garage would be awesome to have. The center, double door, would be the work bay and use the 2 end doors for parking. Take care of that car and in 2025 your kid will have a nice first car. It seems far away but it will come quicker then you think. Kids grow up fast.
Old 03-20-11, 02:06 PM
fatcat2
Driver

Originally Posted by deanshark
Yea that 4 car garage would be awesome to have. The center, double door, would be the work bay and use the 2 end doors for parking. Take care of that car and in 2025 your kid will have a nice first car. It seems far away but it will come quicker then you think. Kids grow up fast.
Oh I know, it feels like just last week he was born and now he's one and a half with another brother or sister due in august(hints the reason getting rid of the g35)
Old 03-20-11, 02:56 PM
deanshark
Pole Position

Originally Posted by fatcat2
Oh I know, it feels like just last week he was born and now he's one and a half with another brother or sister due in august(hints the reason getting rid of the g35)

Well, congrats on the second, now he'll have someone to terrorize. Or they'll both terrorize you. Yea it seems like a year ago I was changing three different size diapers at the same time with my kids and now they're in thier 20s. Where did my youth go? It gets easier with the second one. Congrats again and good luck.
Old 03-20-11, 08:41 PM
fatcat2
Driver

Originally Posted by deanshark

Well, congrats on the second, now he'll have someone to terrorize. Or they'll both terrorize you. Yea it seems like a year ago I was changing three different size diapers at the same time with my kids and now they're in thier 20s. Where did my youth go? It gets easier with the second one. Congrats again and good luck.
so far my first kid(pictured) has been picture perfect. He is sooo awesome, he loves to play around with everyone, loves to share, hes just happy all the time(minus before nap time/feeding time, just like me haha)
im hoping the next will be just like him, i couldn't ask for more from a kid.(this is my experience of my 1 1/2 year old, i hope it will stay the same for the rest of this bumpy ride)
Old 03-27-11, 01:13 AM
fatcat2
Driver

Just installed my new head unit, avh-p4300dvd. Took longer then i thought. about 6hours total. something in the wiring messed up to my front right speaker, so i had to trouble shoot it and rewire it. should be receiving my 8" infinity sub to replace my stock. have my old sub in the trunk for a temp(which i can barely hear because old sub is still in place haha). learned alot about my car and refreshed my memory on how to read a wiring diagram.

other notes. been reading around but couldn't find the answer. does anyone know how to wire the antenna so it only comes out when the fm radio is on? from the looks of it i will have to relay a switch in and just do it manually. (the pioneer only has one accessory wire)

also had to trouble shoot the bypass, i bought a 30amp 12v relay from radio shack and wire it like the soundguy on youtube but it just wouldnt work. it would get hot but i would never hear the click he was talking about. finally went back to radio shack and found out they had a 40amp one. worked like a charm. :-)

will take pictures of everything i have done so far. cant wait for my sub to come in then ill have all my trunk back.
Old 03-27-11, 09:43 AM
sdls
Lexus Champion

Received 294 Likes on 242 Posts

good looking family you've got there, you must be proud
Old 03-27-11, 10:37 AM
fede08
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey just get the clear lenses chrome housing I only found one variety online and been looking on page after page for months... Euro housing
and they are a bit pricey but those are the only ones...
Old 03-27-11, 01:30 PM
pbdolch
Driver School Candidate

Great buy! Looks immaculate!!
Old 03-27-11, 05:38 PM
driverJM
Driver School Candidate

It will become part of the family mine has I wont get rid of mine no matter what little hiccups come along the way its easier to fix it than just get something else Great Car
Old 03-27-11, 05:47 PM
deanshark
Pole Position

Originally Posted by driverJM
It will become part of the family mine has I wont get rid of mine no matter what little hiccups come along the way its easier to fix it than just get something else Great Car
Punctuation ( , . ? ) It will make it ALOT easier to read your posts.
Old 03-27-11, 09:41 PM
fatcat2
Driver

a few pictures i took from my iphone 4 today. showing my temp sub situation till the 8" comes in, my new head unit, my red' out tail lights.
mod-express took a week to even get my hid's out of their warehouse...still have not received them and i ordered them on the 18th, kind of bummed its taking so long since they make you pay 20 bucks for express shipping.

Quick Reply: My new ls :-D