LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Oops.!!!!! I *********** Up Really Bad, Need Advice On What To Do.?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-11, 11:53 PM
emarknot
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

make sure that the cap and plunger are clean as well.

trans fluid is nasty stuff........so much so that you can clean your hands, your engine, your tools....whatever you can throw at it.....it will clean it.

and sadly so, it doesnt play well with others.

just take the cap off, pull it to the side,cover the master with a rag and use some brake cleaner to clean the cap/plunger.

wait for about 10 minutes to dry before putting it all back together.

and flush it all again

these fluids do not mix well, actually...nothing mixes well with brake fluid.
brake fluid molecules do not retract or condense, so any interferance is bad..

tranny fluid does expand and retract.

clean the cap and the plunger, and flush again...............
Old 07-15-11, 05:16 AM
robert1408
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by BigJohnLs
Damm, What a huge disapointment of myself.. My Dumb A@@ added Power steering fluid into the Brake fluid.. Yess I know call me an idiot. What Should I do pls help..
I sure hope this works out for you! If there's any problem from the contamination, it will usually show up as a caliper(s) not releasing when you let off the brakes. As you use the car in the next few days or weeks, periodically and gently touch each wheel near the lug nuts after driving. Any big differences in the temperatures between the left and right sides on the same axle is a sign of trouble. If this happens, avoid driving it. There is a chance for a fire if it gets hot enough. You can also check by lifting the car and rolling each wheel by hand. there should only be very slight friction, if any at all, from the brakes.
Old 07-15-11, 07:39 AM
emarknot
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robert1408
I sure hope this works out for you! If there's any problem from the contamination, it will usually show up as a caliper(s) not releasing when you let off the brakes. As you use the car in the next few days or weeks, periodically and gently touch each wheel near the lug nuts after driving. Any big differences in the temperatures between the left and right sides on the same axle is a sign of trouble. If this happens, avoid driving it. There is a chance for a fire if it gets hot enough. You can also check by lifting the car and rolling each wheel by hand. there should only be very slight friction, if any at all, from the brakes.

+1

or you could use a temp gun if one is availible...