LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

TT LS400 Prototype

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-03, 02:06 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The inlet from the turbos are coming up into intake pipe along with BOV
Attached Thumbnails TT LS400 Prototype-dpintake.jpg  
Old 01-20-03, 02:08 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

BOV and intake. This pipe will be chrome when everything is done. Look is not that important to me right now. Function is more important.
Attached Thumbnails TT LS400 Prototype-bov.jpg  
Old 01-20-03, 02:09 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

More pictures of intake pipe.
Attached Thumbnails TT LS400 Prototype-svintake-1.jpg  
Old 01-20-03, 02:11 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Turbonetics aluminum elbow 3" along with Hosetechniques hose and matching T-bolt clamps.
Attached Thumbnails TT LS400 Prototype-itelbow-2.jpg  
Old 01-20-03, 06:07 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great stuff lextreme, I'm always looking foreward to you progression.
Old 01-20-03, 11:36 PM
JZS160 GS430
ClubLexus Paid Member

Impressive stuff Lextreme. Good to see things are coming along for your TT LS400. Are you planning to finalize the TT setup into a kit and sell them? Or will this be just your project for the time being?

Again, looks great and good job.
Old 01-21-03, 02:28 AM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

MUCH better!!!

It looks like you have solved your oil control problem(s), and now your MAF situation should be very functional. My guess is it will feel even MORE powerful at a lower boost than it did before.

I know that your are looking to get the car dyno tuned soon so I won't hassle you about fuel and timing

The only things that worry me are the low air inlets than could VERY easily become water pumps... for the results of this type of condition please see my post on "Broken engine".

The other is you may want to add some sort of skid plate to prevent turbo and or oil system failure in the event of an aggressive speed bump or something to this effect.
Old 01-21-03, 03:38 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Low air intake is a problem. Few weeks ago, we had a very heavy rain. The inlets were sucking water in and my engine died few times. Water is not compressable and its very dangerous for the engine. I have tried to use an elbow and extend the inlet some near the shock area, but it rub when the tires are fully turn.

I have a good relationship with a local muffler shop, i can ask them to make a custom inlet pipe.
Old 01-27-03, 01:44 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Finally,

Got my Alcohol injection running properly. Right now, its being activated at 7 psi and I am running 8 psi. The car pulls very hard at 3k and above. Passing cars on the freeway is a piece of cake. WOT with Over Drive off. The car fly. Anyway, I painted my intake tube yesterday with the high temp spray. Check it out.
Attached Thumbnails TT LS400 Prototype-front-intake-svl1.jpg  
Old 01-27-03, 01:48 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

More Pics. At a closer look
Attached Thumbnails TT LS400 Prototype-front-intake.jpg  
Old 01-27-03, 01:51 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

More pic. I also cut about 1/2" off the intake pipe. Now it looks level to the car.
Attached Thumbnails TT LS400 Prototype-front-intake-svl1.jpg  
Old 01-27-03, 01:52 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Lextreme
Finally,

Got my Alcohol injection running properly. Right now, its being activated at 7 psi and I am running 8 psi. The car pulls very hard at 3k and above. Passing cars on the freeway is a piece of cake. WOT with Over Drive off. The car fly. Anyway, I painted my intake tube yesterday with the high temp spray. Check it out.
Looks great.
One question, does the car sound a lot different from stock?
Old 01-27-03, 02:12 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Yes and No. Yes it does sound like stock if i did not change the exhaust; but i change my complete exhaust with two 3" pipes. It sounds like Chevy Big Block with turbos spoolings.

Yesterday, i pushed my car to the redline as I was trying to pass a semi truck going up hill while enter the freeway. The car pulls very strong to redline.

Also, late last night, I took my car out to a run down industry area. No police or cars around. I did some burn out. Smoke were everywhere. The tire marks were at least 100 feet.

That was the first time i ever did a burn out with an automatic tranny. It was interesting. I like to take a video of it some day.
Old 01-27-03, 02:20 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Yes and No. Yes it does sound like stock if i did not change the exhaust; but i change my complete exhaust with two 3" pipes. It sounds like Chevy Big Block with turbos spoolings.

Yesterday, i pushed my car to the redline as I was trying to pass a semi truck going up hill while enter the freeway. The car pulls very strong to redline.

Also, late last night, I took my car out to a run down industry area. No police or cars around. I did some burn out. Smoke were everywhere. The tire marks were at least 100 feet.

That was the first time i ever did a burn out with an automatic tranny. It was interesting. I like to take a video of it some day.
That must sounds pretty damn nice :eek: !!
I too would like to see and hear your car, could you post a vid of it sometimes if possible?
Old 01-27-03, 06:04 PM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

David, now I am smiling

I am very pleased you have stayed with this project. I know VERY well how frustrating this sort of thing can be. We definitely need to get some times on your car. I will let you know when I will be in LA.

Quick Reply: TT LS400 Prototype