LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

LS430 vs. S500

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-02 | 02:21 AM
caliz_finest
Driver School Candidate

i could give a "fock" less about exposed screws, the bentleys interior kills the ls430's exterior, i didnt even know there were exposed screws and i am not the one on the post who first compared the lexus to a bentley, its obvious to me you have never sat in a bentley so im not gonna continue this conversation, and yeah i know there are some cheap plastics in the s class, but the only place i can really spot the cheap plastics people are talking about are the cupholders, i did read an article about it at mbspy.com btw the cheap materials have been taken care of in the 03 s class

"I have sat in the designo interior and the S500 and the S600, they are nice, but they also cost over $100,000 and in my opinion aren't any nicer than the interior of an Ultra Luxury LS."

oh really, i hope you noticed the entire dash, door handles, everything in sight is either wood or leather, not a trace of plastic... ive yet tosee that in any LS, and IMO its more comfortable than the LS430 interior and has a non boring design

"$250k is a beach condo or something, not a car."

ive never heard of a beach condo sold under a million

"They don't even treat their customers as well as Lexus does, for almost HALF the price!"

i wouldnt know how lexus treats its customers but they treat me great at the mercedes dealership i go to

"I suppose thats why the LS sells better."

yeah cause it costs less, but friends i asked say they would get the S500, and yes they "still work for their livings"

"these people still work for their livings"

i dont recall money pouring in while i sat on my ***

anyways, this is my last response cause if it goes on things might get ugly like they did at mbworld when the thread got too long... i guess its all based on opinion. anyways u can take shots at me when im gone
Old 10-27-02 | 02:39 AM
SW03ES
Pole Position

""I suppose thats why the LS sells better."

yeah cause it costs less, but friends i asked say they would get the S500, and yes they "still work for their livings"

I always get this excuse when I debate this with Benz or BMW people. Is that why it wins all those awards too?" Does the ES sell the best because its the cheapest? Its one of the most expensive in its class.

"oh really, i hope you noticed the entire dash, door handles, everything in sight is either wood or leather, not a trace of plastic... ive yet tosee that in any LS, and IMO its more comfortable than the LS430 interior and has a non boring design"

The LS430 UL has a leather covered dash, and chrome metal door handles, and I think the Bentley interiors (old ones like yours) are very, very boring.

"ive never heard of a beach condo sold under a million"

Then I suppose you should visit some places where us "little people" go to the beach. Mine was $240k.

Geesh, go wash the Bentley or something. I'm going to watch those two plasma TV's I brought home in the LS430

Last edited by SW03ES; 10-27-02 at 02:41 AM.
Old 10-27-02 | 02:44 AM
caliz_finest
Driver School Candidate

lol this is too funny, im gonna make on last post

"The LS430 UL has a leather covered dash, and chrome metal door handles, and I think the Bentley interiors (old ones like yours) are very, very boring."

covered in leather... still bland, and an Arnage is not an old bentley (if u look at my old post i said i owned a brooklands and an arnage)

"Then I suppose you should visit some places where us "little people" go to the beach. Mine was $240k."

i never thought of you as a little person, lol you seem a little insecure

"Geesh, go wash the Bentley or something. I'm going to watch those two plasma TV's I brought home in the LS430 "

Well since im not a "little person" i can afford plasma tv's and another s class or bentley if i wanted too so what do i care (isnt that what you wanted to hear?)

and this really is my last post this time since like i said, the thread is starting to get ugly

Last edited by caliz_finest; 10-27-02 at 03:03 AM.
Old 10-27-02 | 03:47 AM
SW03ES
Pole Position

I apologize about the Arnage, I obviously missed that.

"i never thought of you as a little person, lol you seem a little insecure"

Insecure? No. If I were insecure then I would be trying to match you, making claims about my wealth that are equal to yours. You obviously make, or recieve more money than I make.

"Well since im not a "little person" i can afford plasma tv's and another s class or bentley if i wanted too so what do i care (isnt that what you wanted to hear?)"

Thats what I knew you'd stoop to saying.
Old 10-27-02 | 09:48 PM
LS400
Club Lexus Editor

Dead argument. Closed.