LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Special Edition 2005 360HP LS430

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-02, 09:22 PM
harris10101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i hope so, and i realize the hp differences, and i think that a Hp gain wouldnt hurt lexus, but the lexus performs better then the more power Q45 as it is, even with less hp, because it is more usable. Lexus just engineers differently i guess.

Imagine a V12 TT in a Ls tho, a dream come true
Old 12-10-02, 10:27 AM
ChrisK
Lead Lap

Toyota is willing to concede a bunch of the market to keep their 50-year-old buyers. It's an indication that they are content with their current owner base.
Nice short-term goal. I believe Toyota should worry about their long term goal though. Sooner or later the 40-year-old buyer will become 50-year-old one while his\her taste could stay the same. I would imagine, at that time Toyota will start loosing the market share to the younger-oriented competitors.

Last edited by ChrisK; 12-10-02 at 10:28 AM.
Old 12-10-02, 12:25 PM
IS200 3SGTE
Pole Position

Well Toyota is not one of the largest auto makers in the world because they are short sighted, if they were they would have been out of business along time ago.

That is one mans opinion and really he doesn't know what he is talking about.

Toyota isn't coming out with 1000HP luxury cars and such because it isn't cost effective and they are not large volume. you don't become hugely successful by selling to a small section of people you do it by selling it to the largest possible group.

oh well everyone has their opinion.
Old 12-10-02, 05:35 PM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

Heres my opinion

Honestly, who needs a S600 with a V12 TT or a CL600? No one. Those cars are pretty much impractical but the funny thing is I see them around. I doubt people JUST buy it because its got a V12 with twin turbo. I'm sure they took everything under consideration. If they can afford it and this is something they desire its an availible option for them. Who really needs to eat caviar(sp?) and drink hennesy? The economy thrives because of peoples wants not needs. If people only bought what they needed then a bicycle is probably more than enough for a lot of people. MB and BMW and another hand full of other car makers build these super cars for fame and a foot in the market. People that know something about cars know that a S600 or SL600 or CL600 or BMX M5 with a V10 all putting out over 300 or 400 HP is not just any car. Thats what lets people know that this isnt just some small company making some cheap a$$ cars, this is a good car maker building something very little people can afford. I'm sure back in the day a guy with enough gold probably blew his money on a well bread horse to ride around right?

Thats just how I see it. No one needs a LS600 TT but theres are a great number of buyers and collectors who would love to get their hands on one of these.
Old 12-10-02, 05:54 PM
harris10101

im one of them
Old 12-24-02, 08:31 PM
machinegt
Pole Position

in a little book i read, it said about designing the lexus Flagship1, "In 1983 the process began... Considerable resources were laid at their disposal. But perhaps the most precious of all was time."

let's give them some more time.
Old 12-25-02, 10:27 PM
Maeve
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Money talks fellas. I had all the money you need you WOULD NOT wait the get a car which fits your needs.

One of my buddies went to buy a sport car. Money is no option. All he cared was the color and other option provided.
Old 12-25-02, 10:29 PM
Maeve
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by LS400Dom
Money talks fellas. I had all the money you need you WOULD NOT wait the get a car which fits your needs.

One of my buddies went to buy a sport car. Money is no option. All he cared was the color and other option provided.
What I meant was If I had all the money I need to get what I want...........Sorry
Old 12-27-02, 11:36 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 351 Likes on 205 Posts

I'm in agreement that Lexus needs to up their HP. Even more when in USA they only offer one kind of car (i'm talking about LS here). Mercedes and Bimmer do that so you can choose, do you want practicality, or are you there for preformance?

I'm more into benzo's so heres how i see it

S430 - Affordability
S500 - Practicality
S55 - Preformance minded
S600 - Class, Image, Preformance, Perfect! lol

LS430 - ... well.. its the only on there so you really have no choice

If LS600TT came out with more power then the S600 2003 you can surely count me in as number one on the slot for the Houston area!

Lexus needes either a larger line up, more power, or an exclusive tuner just for them by Lexus (kinda like MPower or AMG.)
Old 12-28-02, 11:53 AM
lotus
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

I may not know much, but being a first time Lexus owner, I can say:

1. My 99 LS 400 has more power then it needs, as in, with VSC turned off I can burn the rear tires at different speeds? What would a 100HP do? Spin them faster? that accomplishes nothing.

2. My 99 LS 400 averages 22 MPG daily, w/ 25 avg on road trips? That's DAMN good for the power and size it offers.

3. Maybe a Special version to satisfy those that love Lexus and Power? That's not a big deal, an LS430 and LS500, that would allow satisfaction for the masses, if they so desire it. And it could be spread across the entire line.

But let's not put the Energy crisis in this, because if we were concerned about OIL and it's availability, we wouldn't be driving what we do now, we would all have 50MPG+ econo-boxes.
Old 12-28-02, 03:09 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Originally posted by lotus
I may not know much, but being a first time Lexus owner, I can say:

1. My 99 LS 400 has more power then it needs, as in, with VSC turned off I can burn the rear tires at different speeds? What would a 100HP do? Spin them faster? that accomplishes nothing.

2. My 99 LS 400 averages 22 MPG daily, w/ 25 avg on road trips? That's DAMN good for the power and size it offers.

3. Maybe a Special version to satisfy those that love Lexus and Power? That's not a big deal, an LS430 and LS500, that would allow satisfaction for the masses, if they so desire it. And it could be spread across the entire line.

But let's not put the Energy crisis in this, because if we were concerned about OIL and it's availability, we wouldn't be driving what we do now, we would all have 50MPG+ econo-boxes.
please, try not to mention those econo-boxes.. they hurt deep down inside :P

They special version is probably one of the best ways to go for Lexus. I was talking to my dad and he said that they should have it like Mercedes, Your base class, practical, line puller LS430, your *preformance* sedan geared for the car enthusiast LS500/55 (you know, but they can't use the double digits.. thats exact copy of benzo, they maybe coud do 55LSS for 5.5liter LS class Super edition or Special edition), and then you have LS650 or LS600 or what ever, V12 or V14, you know, high of the highest, if you got this you got it all good and then some, for the guy who probably has a friend/son/person who's into cars and he's the one w/ the money

I'm sure i'd be one of the first person's at the dealer to get the LS6 for my dad and a LS5 for my mom! That is, once i can drive
Old 12-28-02, 03:12 PM
harris10101

same here, as soon as a i can legally drive
Old 12-29-02, 05:23 AM
Dema
Pole Position

I agreed with the original poser. Lexus has to provide more powerful engines. We are all Lexus lovers will buy this beautiful car regardless HP it has. However, our goal to have everyone driving Lexus and I see problem here, because some people are crazy on HPs.
Old 12-29-02, 04:23 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

i am not crazy on HP

HURRY UP AND GIVE US 1000+ HP ENGINES LEXUS I LOVE YOU!..

ahem.. like i said.. i'm not crazy on hp.. *twitch*
Old 12-29-02, 05:13 PM
bluestar
Lexus Fanatic

Talking

Shouldn't there be a minimum age restriction before one can be allowed to belong to any car BBS ? I suggest the mods consider DOB a *required* field in the registeration form to weed out potential *noise* sure to come from these teens who are not even old enough to have a driver's license, nor drive a car yet seem to be full of knoweldge about cars !!! Or do we just ignore their posts ?

Just wanting to prevent the kind of things that permeate mbworld.org from transfering over here

Quick Reply: Special Edition 2005 360HP LS430