LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Does a '92 LS400 CD Changer Head Unit have RCA Inputs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-02, 02:56 PM
Topshelf
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does a '92 LS400 CD Changer Head Unit have RCA Inputs?

I'm thinking about adding a Neo Car Jukebox to my '92 LS400 cause all I have at the moment is the stock radio with NO CD Changer. Anyway, the NEO is FM Modulated, but also has RCA outs and I would rather use that if possible. So I was thinking if the CD Changer head unit had them, I would pick one of them up for a nice clean look. So does anyone know?

Thanks,
Paul
Old 11-18-02, 04:12 PM
Lvangundy

To answer your question No, but you can always remove the stock one and add a aftermarket cd player with many more functions (DVD on some, MP3, XM radio.)

If you really would like to keep the stock deck, you can purchase a lintout / low-level converter to connect an amp to, but the sound quality is never the same as a direct RCA conection. You will have problems with a line out/low-level converter if you do not connect it before the factory amplifier.

Last edited by Lvangundy; 11-18-02 at 04:15 PM.
Old 11-18-02, 07:55 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when adding an aftermarket cd head unit (pioneer) to a LS400, is it possible to just use the stock amp?

what i'm trying to ask is... will i be able to add an aftermarket head unit to the ls400 with everything working completely?or do i need to get an aftermarket amp?
Old 11-18-02, 08:34 PM
SQ-LS
Lexus Test Driver

You can but it would require some tricky wiring on your part to bypass the OEM amp.
Old 11-18-02, 10:12 PM
Cleeve
Driver School Candidate

Default Modification can be made

Paul,

Just to let you and everyone know that we can and have been modifing the stock radio's for Aux input. If a direct connection is what you want with the clearest sound then what we do here is what you want. Let me know if that's the way you want. You can contact me at www.lajollaaudiorepair.com

Cleeve Morrison
La Jolla Audio Repair

Last edited by Cleeve; 11-18-02 at 10:17 PM.
Old 11-18-02, 10:44 PM
Topshelf
Driver

Cleeve, that is exactly what I want. I already went the aftermarket radio route. It worked, but the look of it bothered the hell out of me. So I went back to stock and I figure the only other way to go now is a trunk mounted unit. I've already got a plan to integrate the wired display into the ashtray somehow. Total stealth And I'm sure the FM modulator will work fine, but I'd rather have the rca inputs if possible. I'll send an e-mail over to you guys.

Thanks
Old 11-19-02, 12:26 AM
Leeladisky
Lead Lap

Default Re: Modification can be made

Paul - the website seems to be having some problems - I couldn't get to the Lexus product information? Can you check on it?

Lee

Originally posted by Cleeve
Paul,

Just to let you and everyone know that we can and have been modifing the stock radio's for Aux input. If a direct connection is what you want with the clearest sound then what we do here is what you want. Let me know if that's the way you want. You can contact me at www.lajollaaudiorepair.com

Cleeve Morrison
La Jolla Audio Repair
Old 11-19-02, 12:34 AM
Lvangundy

Cleeve - I'm interested in this also.

Last edited by Lvangundy; 11-19-02 at 12:41 AM.
Old 11-20-02, 12:11 PM
Cleeve
Driver School Candidate

Default WEB site still being updated

I do apoligize for the problems with our Web site but we are in the process of updating and refining our site. To do this takes time so please be patient with us. Everyone may still E-Mail us or contact us directly. We are installing various Links to useful sites such as this one. So when we finish our site we hope it will reassure those that visit it that we are there to help you in any way 100%

Cleeve Morrison
La Jolla Audio Repair

www.lajollaaudiorepair.com