LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

What is your take on this????

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-12, 10:21 AM
djsurfer
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The quality of the vinyl is great.. before the gucci I did brown LV to go with the wood grain and just took it out 4 weeks ago to replace with the new material and the Louie I put in 2 years ago was still in new condition, never faded or cracked no tears and still extremely clean and I used the car alot those 2 years. No sample swatches I dont think they even send them out. Ok the black Gucci leather was gonna be my original choice but the print wouldnt stand out unless theres more than one color on the vinyl. But an all black interior doesnt so bad either! All I have black other than the paint job in my grey interior is the newly died carpet and JP curtains.
Old 09-27-12, 12:17 PM
shoob
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i need ideas, not to swing on your nuts, but curtain pics?
Old 09-27-12, 01:08 PM
djsurfer
Lead Lap

Only curtain pic I have is this one... I only did back windows because I need my arm out the window on resting along the window seals... I always ride with the windows down and roof back. Ill take better pics of the curtain if you want later.
Not much of a curtain shot but you get the picture...

Im also planning on making the curtain holders (the part that hold them back to the door pillar) in guuci to go more with the interior but not the gucci print but the Green/Red stripe combo that they have.
Old 09-27-12, 01:40 PM
filthyLS4
Driver

o lol good information what did u use to dye your carpet? yea i like yours interior it looks great but im going to be doing black on black so its not so loud, so someone might not catch it at first and then look at it again and be like this **** is gucci lol i really like this idea i was going to use black suede but gucci it is lol
Old 09-27-12, 02:01 PM
djsurfer
Lead Lap

I used duplicolor fabric/vinyl spray dye.. works pretty good but doesnt get deep in the carpet so you can see foot prints and watnor but once brushed goes back to normal and the color seems to have stuck pretty good but I left it out to dry a couple of days before throwing it back in the car. Yea its cool to have it lowkey until you notice it... that how the brown LV looked but I like it more with this gucci pront and color because it pops more. I never like to have my car to bland so I have extra wood accents/carpet/gucci/ leds...etc but subtle interiors are good aswell
Old 09-27-12, 02:24 PM
LScowboyLS
Lexus Champion

Received 82 Likes on 40 Posts

this would be a better mod if it featured Don Julio Blanco or else Vox vodka!

What is your take on this????-pewhf.png What is your take on this????-xprfz.jpg

Last edited by LScowboyLS; 09-27-12 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-27-12, 02:28 PM
djsurfer
Lead Lap

Lol you have no idea everything I was thinking of but I wanted to keep it oriental and the shape of the bottle is what drew me to it... I am planning on making another enclosure soon but not sure what to put in it maybe speakers or a monitor with some head phones??? Im going thru all the alternatives to have interchangeable enclosures for that spot. It was fairly easy the first time and would like to do something different when I get tired of the lava lamp in the back. Maybe an ACTUAL lavalamp would work!!! JK that was a JOKE haha but maybe a fish tank hmmmmmm lol
Old 09-27-12, 03:01 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by LScowboyLS
this would be a better mod if it featured Don Julio Blanco or else Vox vodka!

interesting? maybe.

relevant? less so.
Old 09-27-12, 04:40 PM
shoob
Driver

im doing something similar. im doing the 8" screens in the head rest for my kids. thats why i was asking about the curtains, like how do you keep them against the door at the bottom? i plan on putting them on a small cable actuator, so when the screens come on, the curtains draw.

as for the compartment, 2 3.5mm headphone jacks, and headphone storage, possibly even some rca inputs, and a usb port for charging. but im thinking of incorperating all this into the armrest itself, so when i fold the armrest up, its all stored and hidden.
Old 09-27-12, 09:28 PM
djsurfer
Lead Lap

Ok nice I want to do headrest TVs aswell and have seen some ebay ones that come built in for not that bad of a price... since Im redoing my seats I will be able to match it perfect if not close with some swatches at the shop. Are you going to get some screens and fit them on? I wonder how close the grey is to the OEM lexus grey...
Old 09-28-12, 07:31 AM
filthyLS4
Driver

Originally Posted by djsurfer
Ok nice I want to do headrest TVs aswell and have seen some ebay ones that come built in for not that bad of a price... since Im redoing my seats I will be able to match it perfect if not close with some swatches at the shop. Are you going to get some screens and fit them on? I wonder how close the grey is to the OEM lexus grey...
y not have tv's put into your stock headrest?
Old 09-28-12, 12:34 PM
djsurfer
Lead Lap

Because It would be more expensive to buy the tv then have someone install and re-wrap the seat covers... that would be about 700-800 dollars instead of just buying grey headrests with built tvs for about 200-300 bucks and have the new leather match that on the headrests since im re upholstering them anyways.
Old 09-29-12, 07:58 PM
shoob
Driver

no, im jewish.....

i bought a pair of philips mobile strap on style screens, and seperate player unit. so far, ive managed to get one screen out of its case. ill be working on the other soon. im cutting the general outline of the screen into the headrest, then trimming out the foam, and running the wires thru the seat to where ever, unsure at this point, where im gonna mount the unit. then, im just wrapping the head rest with a new fabric, and allowing the screens trim piece to sit flush with the material. as far as holding the screen in, im using butterfly type sheetrock anchors in the foam. $90 and some ingenuitve time vs. your $300.......lol.
Old 10-01-12, 10:46 AM
djsurfer
Lead Lap

90 bucks??? Where are you getting $45 screens at? And yes Id try and build them in myself but Im scared of anything that has to do with stitching because I would never be able to sew or anything. And a simple wrap would be near impossible to do perfectly...
Old 10-01-12, 10:49 AM
hotdawwg
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it! It's different!

Quick Reply: What is your take on this????