LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

1990 ucf10 ls400

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-13, 01:04 AM
TheBry
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want gold tips, haha
Old 04-26-13, 07:20 PM
RobbyMobby
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by inkfam519
car looks good brotha. keep up the good work. where did u get the 1pc headlights at and cost?
It was from this place in Sacramento called venus auto. They get jdm scrap parts and stuff... Sort of like a jdm pick n pull haha. Pretty cool place! I got em for 120
Old 04-26-13, 07:23 PM
RobbyMobby
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MrFuel
Looks good!! Keep up the good work. I talked to you on VSC, I live locally to you. Hope to see you around.
Thanks man! Yeah i remember youre the guy who works at driven authority if im not mistaken? Lol your ucf10 is sick! Especially with LED work by solo8. I have a long way to go still. I'm just doing simple stuff for now until its time to go wheel shopping
Old 04-26-13, 07:24 PM
RobbyMobby
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TheBry
I want gold tips, haha
Lmao it came this way. The gold grows on you haha
Old 04-26-13, 09:34 PM
Hodson
Rookie

Damn dude, your car is dumped. looks sick.
Old 04-26-13, 10:05 PM
RobbyMobby
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Hodson
Damn dude, your car is dumped. looks sick.
thanks man. i would dump it more but i need fender work done.
Old 04-27-13, 05:58 PM
Hodson
Rookie

Are you keeping the wheels you have on it now? They look dope, OEM+ style. Tint those windows! Mine was like a night and day difference to me after I did. From old man to G code.
Old 04-28-13, 10:56 AM
RobbyMobby
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Hodson
Are you keeping the wheels you have on it now? They look dope, OEM+ style. Tint those windows! Mine was like a night and day difference to me after I did. From old man to G code.
well yeah for now until i find the after market rims i want but i mean im gonna keep em still then so i have some stocks to roll on when i need to. tint will come soon.
Old 04-28-13, 03:07 PM
dustinls4
Driver School Candidate

Super nice ls. So the bc coils is shorter? Im looking to buy coilovers for my 92 ls and was interested in bc. Hows the ride with it that low?
Old 04-28-13, 07:13 PM
RobbyMobby
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dustinls4
Super nice ls. So the bc coils is shorter? Im looking to buy coilovers for my 92 ls and was interested in bc. Hows the ride with it that low?
yeah i put it next to the stock suspension. i wish i took a picture its shorter im sure. the ride is pretty good/comfortable(i have meaty tires so take that into consideration too)gotta go at angles over bumps and dips you know the usual but its great. i would definitely recommend them! worth every penny. i would suggest getting custom spring rates too which i mistakenly didnt do and i shouldve haha can't go back now. theres also powered by max coilovers which are really good. my friend has them on his sc300 but im sure all is just as well with the ones for ucf10/11
Old 04-29-13, 11:19 PM
dustinls4
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RobbyMobby
yeah i put it next to the stock suspension. i wish i took a picture its shorter im sure. the ride is pretty good/comfortable(i have meaty tires so take that into consideration too)gotta go at angles over bumps and dips you know the usual but its great. i would definitely recommend them! worth every penny. i would suggest getting custom spring rates too which i mistakenly didnt do and i shouldve haha can't go back now. theres also powered by max coilovers which are really good. my friend has them on his sc300 but im sure all is just as well with the ones for ucf10/11
Thanks for the info! I really like the color of your car and the rims. Ive never seen those before. I need to start a build thread on my 92 ls400. What other plans do you have for your ride?
Old 05-01-13, 06:30 PM
RobbyMobby
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dustinls4
Thanks for the info! I really like the color of your car and the rims. Ive never seen those before. I need to start a build thread on my 92 ls400. What other plans do you have for your ride?
Thanks man! Paint is oem and the rims were an expensive oem upgrade back in the day is what ive been told. Do it man! Always good to keep track of your cars progress even if no one looks at it. I'd love to see your ls though! For now... Some HID's, clear bumper lights, red out tails and led lights for minor lights like the license plate light and interior lighting. Rims in the near future... I'm thinking beginning of june or end of june. I have a lot of plans those are just gonna be my ones that will be done soon
Old 05-02-13, 08:32 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Don't be like everyone and their grandmother and change the amber... honestly, I think the orange lighting suits this car all around with the maroon. There's pics of the RCR & clear corners in this forum somewhere. It looks 'okay'. I just see any and every LS on here with clears as their first mod lol
It would be cool to see one keep the orange and make it work! [which it does IMO....]

Either way, cool car, keep at her!
Old 05-03-13, 11:42 AM
timmy0tool

Received 426 Likes on 380 Posts

clears look best on a dark colored cars. ambers work better on lighter cars. that's my $0.02.

this car is a beaut and coming along nicely. i see you on VSC too!
Old 05-03-13, 06:41 PM
RobbyMobby
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
Don't be like everyone and their grandmother and change the amber... honestly, I think the orange lighting suits this car all around with the maroon. There's pics of the RCR & clear corners in this forum somewhere. It looks 'okay'. I just see any and every LS on here with clears as their first mod lol
It would be cool to see one keep the orange and make it work! [which it does IMO....]

Either way, cool car, keep at her!
They grew on me but i really like the clears better. Who knows i might go back to amber later lol

Quick Reply: 1990 ucf10 ls400