LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

AutoCouture's New LS Body Kits (LS430 & 400)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-01, 03:56 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default foglights!

manaray, thanks for the info on the rear bumper.

a hid conversion would costs to much and i only want foglights because of apperance on the outside.
Old 03-26-01, 04:07 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile Sorry Lou Le...

Ok...I'll stop posting these teasers!.................

Ok, I lied. Here's another one....

Junction Produce...straight up Yakuza Style...
Attached Thumbnails AutoCouture's New LS Body Kits (LS430 & 400)-jpcelsior.jpg  
Old 03-26-01, 04:14 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Default holy cow!

hey manaray that kit is what i really want except the grill and the hood thingamajig. clean front bumper with foglight slots. is this kit suitable for daily driving? is there a us importer for juntion produce in califiornia and how much do think this kit will cost. i only want the front and rear bumper and the side skirts.

sorry loule, but manaray keep posting pics of 90-94 LS 400 bodykits!
Old 03-26-01, 04:36 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Default Junction Produce...

Lou Le: Sorry about that post...I couldn't resist...I have MUCH more if you'd like

edogg:
Junction Produce is one of my favorite body kit manufactures. I remember seeing a picture of the guys at JP and I could have sworn that a few of them were missing pinkies!

Anyways, the kit is not a simple F,S,R...to get the sideskirts, you need to add door caps. Those are pretty costly to INSTALL. The cost of kit is in the $3,584 (Japanese List Price converted to U.S. Dollars) without the 3 piece spoiler...so that's the front bumper, side skirts, door caps, and rear bumper. If you add the side skirts w/o the door caps, you'll have a 3" RUNNING BOARD on the side of your LS400...that's cool on a LX470, but NOT on a LS400!

Junction Produce does not ***** around. Their kits are very well made and they are expensive. If you're going to do this kit, YOU ARE PIMP! I would also do their exhaust system (it's a nice oval shape and it doesn't stick out far)...

There is a U.S. Importer but I can't remember their name...they're like in Modesto or something...anyways, try calling F1 MotorsportsF1 Motorsports and talk to Vincent...they're in North Hollywood so they're not too far away...

I wanted to do JP's kit on my GS430 but they don't make one yet...but they are working on it supposidly...I couldn't wait...I just bought another kit...when it comes out, I might have to sell my kit!

Oh, that kit is NOT what I would recommend as a daily driver! In the picture, that LS is SLAMMED. Look at how tucked the front wheel is...that's a 18" wheel...It wouldn't look right if it wasn't dumped...of course, if you did 20's and lowered it a little, that would look TIGHT! But on 18's, to make it drivable, it would look funny...

Last edited by Manaray; 03-26-01 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-26-01, 04:41 PM
becori

Default air flow?

do these significantly affect Cd figures?
Old 03-26-01, 04:45 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Default Cd figures...

Uh...I don't think they really take that into consideration...these are not race cars...they're crusiers...I don't think anyones ever brought that question up!

If you're worried about wind noise and such, I haven't heard of any complaints about any kits on a LS....
Old 03-26-01, 05:55 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Default damn that's too much?

damn manray, that almost 4 grand for the kit, forget about it. the installation would not be a problem because my friend works at a body shop.
oh, by the way i think icon dustrubing imports these kits.

post any resonable kits for the 90-94 LS please. something under 2 grand. if you have the time.

i am still overwhelmed by the cost of this kit!:eek:

yes that's right that would be pimpin
Old 03-26-01, 06:28 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Honestly, I think the only way you're gonna get a kit for under $2000 (for a ORIGINAL Japanese kit, not some cheezy knock off) is to do a add-on kit (like the Exclusive kit)

Full bumpers cost a lot! And no add-on kit will give you foglights (since they attach to your stock bumper which has no foglights...)

Oh, I forgot to add the cost of the foglights for Junction Produce kit...it's like another few hundred bucks...

If I were you, I would just get the Exclusive add-on kit and put in HID's...that'll cost you just under $2000 ($1150 plus figure $700 worse-case-scenario on the HID's).

Also, if you're friend can hook you up on the body shop work, I would just have them put some in for you...they can cut the stock bumper and fit it the foglight you want...much more work and hassle but if you REALLY need to have foglights...personally, I think the Exclusive kit w/o foglights looks tight...

Even on the JP kit, I would fill in the areas of the bumper lights if I bought that kit because there's just TOO many lights happening up front...
Old 03-27-01, 06:32 AM
SQ-LS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Screw all of ya'll!
As much as I want that Euro kit, the budget is not feasable right now (even with my hookups with a body shop).
Those kits are all dope but I got to save up for my masters (going back to school, hopefully, next fall in 2002).
That's it!
Ya'll are just a bunch of F#@Kin' teasers, I'm not coming back to this thread!
Old 03-27-01, 01:50 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Lou Le, you're doing the right thing! (but you don't need me to tell you that!)

Body kits can wait...get your Masters and you won't be worried about buying a body kit for your UCF10/11 LS...you'll be worried about finding the BEST body kit for your new LS430!
Old 03-27-01, 03:31 PM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey manaray, have you seen any custom hoods for the 93 LS??? I definitely cant afford a full kit and I kind of just want to add some "sportiness" (is that a word???)...maybe the small spoiler and some kind of vented hood...probably not but if anyone's seen one its you...
Old 03-27-01, 05:41 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Question Custom hoods...

hey manaray, have you seen any custom hoods for the 93 LS??? I definitely cant afford a full kit and I kind of just
want to add some "sportiness" (is that a word???)...maybe the small spoiler and some kind of vented hood...probably not but if anyone's seen one its you...

I wouldn't do a vented hood and rear spoiler...you'll just make your LS look like a overglorified Civic! You ONLY do a vented hood if your engine REQUIRES it. Otherwise, it's just a wanna-be/ricer look. I remember one time this IDIOT put all these vents into his hood (Z3 Gills, AbFlug style slots, etc., etc.) and then he drove his car, in the rain...the IDIOT forgot that he has a OPEN Air Filter...water got into the engine...and you can figure out the rest...vents on the hood are just ridiculous unless you have a SERIOUSLY built engine. As for the spoiler, I think the LS looks cleaner w/o the spoiler...

Now no offense, but how can one afford a LS and not a $1200 body kit? At $1200, the Exclusive Euro Series kit (being that it's a "add-on" kit) is pretty inexpensive and it looks tight! A few hundred to paint and install, and you'll have seriously nice looking LS (of course, you'll HAVE to lower it and put on at LEAST 19" rims to finish the package but now we're talking more money)...
Old 03-27-01, 09:38 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Default xenon kit

i am probably going to get the xenon kit. a shop can get it for $700 only.i just waiting for my tax return.i think this kit looks pretty decent what do you guys think?
http://www.teamxenon.com
Old 03-28-01, 01:01 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

edogg, man, I love ya and all but I gotta tell ya, that Xenon kit is ugly! I would rather run the car stock!

Look around for the Exclusive kit...you might be able to find it for less...remember, the $1150 price is FULL RETAIL...
Old 03-28-01, 11:14 AM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the reason I cant afford the full kit yet is because of lowering, intake, exhaust, and rims and tires...I just wanted something for now that will integrate into the body mod's later...plus I didnt think the exclusive kit was only $1200...

thanks for the info

Quick Reply: AutoCouture's New LS Body Kits (LS430 & 400)