LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

studio camber roll center adjusters (RCA)

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-14, 09:30 PM
samsung201
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TMAdash1
I just got my T-demands in and had a couple questions for ya:

Did you torque to 95 ft-lbs?
Were the bolts that came work or did you have to use the shorter ones like the Studio RCA
Did you have to grind the balljoint like the instructions say?

Congrats.
The Bolts work werry fine!
I ask T-Demand and you have to torque with the Lexus specific torque. Its 113NM (see the picture)
On the picture where you see one RCA this is the figure from the right side.
The arrow to the right shows you the front side.
Yea you have to grind. The side and dont forget on top to grind. Cause the washer is little bit higher.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-M...o/IMG_6575.JPG
Old 07-24-14, 05:56 PM
TMAdash1
Rookie

Originally Posted by samsung201
Congrats.
The Bolts work werry fine!
I ask T-Demand and you have to torque with the Lexus specific torque. Its 113NM (see the picture)
On the picture where you see one RCA this is the figure from the right side.
The arrow to the right shows you the front side.
Yea you have to grind. The side and dont forget on top to grind. Cause the washer is little bit higher.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-M...o/IMG_6575.JPG
Awesome thanks for the info!

One last question, did it push your tire out at the top like timmyotool said? Thats the only thing preventing me from installing them right away, my front tires are almost touching the fender as it is
Old 07-25-14, 12:07 PM
samsung201
Rookie

Awesome thanks for the info!

One last question, did it push your tire out at the top like timmyotool said? Thats the only thing preventing me from installing them right away, my front tires are almost touching the fender as it is
No it doesend do this.
But deeper.

Here is a shot with installed RCA´s

https://www.facebook.com/LexusLS400U...type=3&theater
Old 08-04-14, 04:52 PM
OutkastGS3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys,

Sorry to jump in on the conversation. Just recently bought a UCF20, and been reading up on the front adjustments and have a few question in hope I can find an answer here.

1.) I just sent Kyle an email in regards to these RCA's and now that I'm reading some of the issues people are having, it's kind of turning me off. What is the main difference between the RCA's mentioned here?

2.) How/where can I order T-deman stuff? been looking around too, but didn't find too many options.

3.) price range between the RCA's??

Keep in mind, I know I will need to do some fender works, etc to get the set of wheels I got which is 20x9.5/10.5 +16 but every little bit helps in my opinon . and your guys' feedback would be much appreciated.
Old 08-04-14, 04:54 PM
OutkastGS3
Pole Position

BTW, I hate any kind of creaking noises, as I got enough of that from my lifted truck lol.. So I would like to find an option that doesn't have any noise or broken bolt problems

Thanks!
Old 08-04-14, 07:18 PM
TMAdash1
Rookie

Originally Posted by OutkastGS3
2.) How/where can I order T-deman stuff? been looking around too, but didn't find too many options.

3.) price range between the RCA's??
I got my T-demand RCA's from Central Pine, they gave me a really good price. You can get used from Final Stage if they have them but I got quoted a price only ~$50 less than the T-demands so I just went with the new. SerialNine looks to be releasing their versions, same specs/looks as the T-demands (maybe a copy?). Price hasn't been finalized, seems like you got time to wait it out and see.

I'll be installing mine within the next couple of weeks, been busy with a new job and about to go outta town.
Old 08-04-14, 09:33 PM
OutkastGS3
Pole Position

I got my T-demand RCA's from Central Pine, they gave me a really good price. You can get used from Final Stage if they have them but I got quoted a price only ~$50 less than the T-demands so I just went with the new. SerialNine looks to be releasing their versions, same specs/looks as the T-demands (maybe a copy?). Price hasn't been finalized, seems like you got time to wait it out and see.

I'll be installing mine within the next couple of weeks, been busy with a new job and about to go outta town.
Nice! Thanks for the information, I'll try checking then out. But with the t-demand stuff, do people still run into problem like the ones studio makes?
Old 08-05-14, 12:17 PM
johhntran
Driver

i would say its not really studios fault for the problems, people were over torquing and using improper bolts. but if youre not on air the studios will give you caster issues (the wheels will be closer the rear side of the fender) 326 power, tdemand, and serial nine have nice designs and have a 3mm caster correction but yield less negative camber. if you over tq you will get the same problem on any rca setup.
Old 08-05-14, 03:34 PM
timmy0tool

Received 420 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by johhntran
i would say its not really studios fault for the problems, people were over torquing and using improper bolts. but if youre not on air the studios will give you caster issues (the wheels will be closer the rear side of the fender) 326 power, tdemand, and serial nine have nice designs and have a 3mm caster correction but yield less negative camber. if you over tq you will get the same problem on any rca setup.
agreed here, yes over torquing is the main problem.

though i did not see any caster issues with my studio. the correction or offset you see on tdemand, 326 and the like is usually for toe correction so you don't need to adjust toe after installing. whereas studio you do, which is no big deal.

the caster compensation you see on other RCAs are for the new UCF30 cars where caster is an issue when slamming.
Old 08-05-14, 06:05 PM
OutkastGS3
Pole Position

Interesting, guess the only way I can do is give it a shot with studio first, and then just switch out to tdemand if I end up not liking it.

Thanks fellas for the help
Old 08-05-14, 11:29 PM
johhntran
Driver

Originally Posted by timmy0tool
agreed here, yes over torquing is the main problem.

though i did not see any caster issues with my studio. the correction or offset you see on tdemand, 326 and the like is usually for toe correction so you don't need to adjust toe after installing. whereas studio you do, which is no big deal.

the caster compensation you see on other RCAs are for the new UCF30 cars where caster is an issue when slamming.
i forgot to mention that the studios were on a static 2gs

you couldnt really noticed that the wheel is pushed back, but my steering never recentered. alot more effort needed just to steer, woudnt be an issue if i was on air though

-9 in the front was definitely awesome, it looked really aggressive with only -6.5 in the rear

Old 08-05-14, 11:32 PM
johhntran
Driver

Interesting, guess the only way I can do is give it a shot with studio first, and then just switch out to tdemand if I end up not liking it.

no prob! just remember to torque correctly and remember to account that it kind of makes your wheel a tad bit more aggressive so think about the rca as being a 15mm spacer and your wheels will clear if your static (just to be on the safe side) my te's ^ were +34 and it made it super aggresssive. i would normally run 15-20 offset in the front with a 9.5j
Old 08-06-14, 10:21 AM
timmy0tool

Received 420 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by johhntran
i forgot to mention that the studios were on a static 2gs

you couldnt really noticed that the wheel is pushed back, but my steering never recentered. alot more effort needed just to steer, woudnt be an issue if i was on air though
did you get an alignment after installing the RCAs? the studios will definitely throw off your toe (toe out) so you will need to realign.

i found that with more negative camber, the steering is actually lighter (since there is less tire contact patch to the road). my steering was still straight on since the toe was corrected.
Old 08-06-14, 02:30 PM
johhntran
Driver

Originally Posted by timmy0tool
did you get an alignment after installing the RCAs? the studios will definitely throw off your toe (toe out) so you will need to realign.

i found that with more negative camber, the steering is actually lighter (since there is less tire contact patch to the road). my steering was still straight on since the toe was corrected.
yeah i did get it aligned with no problems. well it was lighter but at my height the wheel just never corrected itself. caster was off though and toe was in spec, camber was even
Old 08-23-14, 05:48 AM
TMAdash1
Rookie

Just wanted to update that I installed my T-demands about a week ago, ended up taking a couple days because I also replaced my tie rod ends, rotors and pads. Didn't plan on all that but you know how these things go sometimes. Took a whole weekend to do one side and about 2.5 hours to do the other, anyone in the ATL area need this done hit me up I could probably do it even quicker now haha

Couple notes on the install:
- I bought Beck/Arnley lower balljoints, if you do this the fit on the balljoint and NCRA is VERY tight, I ended up having to shave some of the part that sticks out of the balljoint and greasin it up to get it in there. When compared with the OEM I was taking off there were no issues, just something to keep in mind
- stock wheels won't fit anymore, they'll hit the tie rods
- the T-demands WILL increase your track width like the studios, I have an appointment later today to get some smaller tires up front since even with the increased camber my tires are sitting on the fenders
- When installing everything back leave the tie rod for last, makes it much easier
- Since the spindle is sitting up higher now if you ever need to change out the tie rods there's enough clearance to get the nut off without the hassle of removing the caliper
- I torqued my bolts to 90 ft-lbs, I've only driven it a little but so far no creaks or other weird noises

studio camber roll center adjusters (RCA)-gyroir4l.jpg

studio camber roll center adjusters (RCA)-aj8la6kl.jpg

studio camber roll center adjusters (RCA)-8pdzdgcl.jpg

They'll be more details and pics on my build thread once I update it later on this weekend

Quick Reply: studio camber roll center adjusters (RCA)