LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

What do you love about YOUR LS400?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-13, 07:00 PM
Dranom
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LScowboyLS
I like that the seats recline so far back to flat like a bed, that I can nap in my car as if it were an RV!
haha! I love this feature also!

Timeless design and build quality
Old 11-24-13, 07:38 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 310 Likes on 229 Posts

How much money they gave me for it when I purchased my 430.
Old 11-24-13, 08:22 PM
dashan
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

LS400 Ball Cooling A/C vent..
Old 11-24-13, 08:38 PM
peterls
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

I have a 1990 ls400 and even though it is the first year of the first generation, I still marvel at its engine and transmission. I mean, that has gotta be the smoothest combo I have ever experienced! Not to mention that if you step on it, the engine just loves it. I have never driven a car that could not care less if you push it a little too much; this one just seems to love it, it's like a kept animal that wants to show what it can truly do (note: I read somewhere that the design of this engine came from an abandoned Toyota racing engine, which was heavily detuned, hence all the torque, balance, finesse and power, and ability to easily make it produce 1000hp or more, using a method of your choosing).
Also, I love the comfort, seats which take care of my bad back, and all the little things that just work perfectly well: still a great sound system (and I am musically trained, so I am a bit picky there - for instance, my favorite Beethoven sounds the same in LS as it does on my home system, which a few years ago was a reference system for stereos), no blind spots in the back where a whole car can hide, seats, steering wheel, climate control, everything just works as it should... even my little one in the back has his own reading light, that only illuminates his seat, and not the whole car so I don't have to tell him to turn it off when I am driving and its dark outside...

What else... Ah, I know it's a boat on wheels, but I've been pressed for time a few times and I just threw it around corners like it was my old Acura Integra, not to mention that on the highway your car better be turbo if you want to outpace my LS

Recently, as I was working on my timing belt and a few other things, I had to rent a car, and I got a Hyundai accent. Boy, what a nasty surprise... noise, visibility, lack of everything, just terrible. I could not wait to return it, and I am really not picky when it comes to rentals. And to think that that new Hyundai costs much more than my used LS... (and as my friend said - and 10-15 years from now, your car will still be around and that Hyundai? Probably not)
Old 11-25-13, 01:24 AM
pl3wis
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As dumb as this sounds but the fact that my head rest are power adjustable. Feels so boss lol like my friend said "I swear this car is like a ****ing living room on wheels!"
Old 11-25-13, 08:35 PM
dengman
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 on the reclining. I slept in my car for 6hrs on a 10hr road trip it was so comfy. It was supposed to be a power nap.

and my trailer hitch
http://instagram.com/p/egUzIDxDGv/
http://instagram.com/p/ccohYLxDDZ/
Old 11-27-13, 01:44 AM
Lummie2IS
Rookie

This might sound silly but my favorite feature of the LS400 is the rear door glass. Most cars have a small secondary trianglular glass pane towards the rear of the door but on the LS400 the rear door glass is one piece. This gives the car a much cleaner profile.
Old 11-27-13, 02:02 AM
silos5
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find LS400 an old style car, but this is the thing that makes it cool for me. I like the lines, the grille, front and rear lights ... lots of space in the car, the V8 and of course the reliability.
I remember a friend of mine (he owns a E class MB 2006), after driving my car, was very impressed with the comfort of the seats !
Old 11-27-13, 02:56 AM
LScowboyLS
Lexus Champion

Received 82 Likes on 40 Posts

I remember a friend of mine (he owns a E class MB 2006), after driving my car, was very impressed with the comfort of the seats
the Mercedes series that attempts to compete with the LS is the Mercedes S class - the E class is a much cheaper car and not really a fair comparison - the E class competes with the Lexus GS
Old 11-27-13, 03:42 AM
Gene01
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The price you pay for the one-piece glass in the rear doors is that they don't roll down all the way.
But they do look nice.
Old 11-27-13, 10:10 AM
Lummie2IS
Rookie

So one piece rear door glass is the hellaflush of the window tuning world.
Old 11-27-13, 12:14 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 96 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Lummie2IS
So one piece rear door glass is the hellaflush of the window tuning world.
uhhhhh no.
Old 11-27-13, 01:42 PM
UNCNOR
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dashan
ls400 ball cooling a/c vent..
ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-27-13, 05:19 PM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dengman
+1 on the reclining. I slept in my car for 6hrs on a 10hr road trip it was so comfy. It was supposed to be a power nap.

and my trailer hitch
http://instagram.com/p/egUzIDxDGv/
http://instagram.com/p/ccohYLxDDZ/
Followed lol. Any word on towing specs?

Originally Posted by LScowboyLS
the Mercedes series that attempts to compete with the LS is the Mercedes S class - the E class is a much cheaper car and not really a fair comparison - the E class competes with the Lexus GS
So by that logic, the C-Class would compete with the ES, correct?
Old 11-27-13, 08:30 PM
Lummie2IS
Rookie

C-class would probably compete with the IS.

Quick Reply: What do you love about YOUR LS400?