LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Autozone brake pads part #D613

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-14, 06:13 AM
cgawelko
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autozone brake pads part #D613

I noticed the Autozone sponsored post and it reminded me to tell everyone. The rear brake pads they offer Part Number D613 are junk. I went through three pairs because they were all defective and the last autozone I went to said they were the last ones in the sister stores so I had to either make them fit or put the old ones back on. I had to file them so the sensor would fit in the pad and be functional. The front pads.... That's a whole nother story. Im actually emailing their corporate because I put new pads and rotors on the front and the pad has the sensor at the wrong distance so on the test drive I had terrible noise, turns out the pad wear sensor was hitting the rotor, broke the tip of my sensor.

Remember. Inspect the parts and be leery.

Last edited by RA40; 04-08-14 at 10:58 AM. Reason: descriptive title
Old 04-08-14, 01:39 PM
timmy0tool

Received 423 Likes on 377 Posts

there are different levels of autozone (duralast) brake pads, and all of them do not fit like factory. they do work but they shouldn't require too much modding to make them fit, such as the wear sensor. they probably did give you the wrong pads in the first place.
Old 04-08-14, 04:52 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 337 Likes on 290 Posts

I bought some sensors from rock auto a couple of months ago and just got around to installing them. I've been without them so long I can't remember how they go back. I see the little opening on the front brake pad but the sensor wont fit in there and I don't see the one for the back. Of course the sensors are Walker aftermarket ones.
Old 04-08-14, 06:14 PM
python
Lexus Champion

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

what year is ur car...i list a d913 for the front of a 95+
Old 04-08-14, 08:04 PM
cgawelko
Pole Position

Mine is a 1993. But I don't think I gave myself the wrong part lol. For the 1993 Lexus three pads are available, D613 semimettalic, then the ceramics, and then the C-Max ceramic with nitrile shim. I wouldn't buy any of them. The fingers are just bent and messed up from the factory and I'm dealing with corporate on it as we speak.just feel embarrassed when I am stopping and $150 in brakes is squeaking and people look like I neglect them and crap because the front pads are incorrect.
Old 04-09-14, 06:49 AM
Legender
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts

for aftermarket I go with Wagner Thermal Quiets...usually from O'Riellyauto parts... just like them better for parts... but the Lexus I pay up and order them from Sewell and get the club discount. The ones I have on the 99 squeak and have the new pads sitting in the garage, just not had time to change them out.
Old 04-09-14, 08:39 AM
Hiroshi12
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by timmy0tool
there are different levels of autozone (duralast) brake pads, and all of them do not fit like factory. they do work but they shouldn't require too much modding to make them fit, such as the wear sensor. they probably did give you the wrong pads in the first place.
Agreed. I just installed new pads and rotors using the Duralasts from autozone. The rotors came from an ebay seller, Platinum Harts. No issues so far.
Old 04-10-14, 12:42 AM
cgawelko
Pole Position

The duralast rotors aint bad. I have no issue with them, its the pads that suck butt. The rotors I paid $21 each for the fronts from autozone
Old 04-10-14, 05:56 AM
python
Lexus Champion

duralast aren't good pads..wagner makes some thermal quiet pads that are good...napa's adaptive one are good pads also.
Old 04-14-14, 12:51 AM
cgawelko
Pole Position

Alright so I spent a day going to each autopart store and comparing pads. My conclusion is. I cant stand Orielly. and napa is still overpriced as all hell.

Oreilly didn't stock ANY of them. Had to order them in to take a look at them and they were not so good. For $47, I would rather have my noisy dust chugging semi's from Autozone. and then Napa wanted $55 for the basic ceramic pads which were actually really nice, if they were $47 or even the price I would pay at autozone which would be $45 I would take them.

Instead I ordered some Raybestos ceramic Professional grade pads off the interwebz for $15, $25 to my door. I just love Rock Auto so they will be in tomorrow and then I will be a happy camper with a LS that doesn't sound like a pig being stuffed into a pencil sharpener every time I hit the brakes.
Old 04-14-14, 05:12 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

I have the Wagners on mine and I like them so far. I only have a couple k on them. I always buy on the web, it's just so much cheaper and convenient.
Old 04-14-14, 09:32 AM
peterls
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Legender
for aftermarket I go with Wagner Thermal Quiets...usually from O'Riellyauto parts... just like them better for parts... but the Lexus I pay up and order them from Sewell and get the club discount. The ones I have on the 99 squeak and have the new pads sitting in the garage, just not had time to change them out.
+1 for Wagner thermoquiet! I used them on my Integra a few years ago, together with Brembo rotors and the brakes were amazing - never any sound from them, and stopping power was 100 times better than what previous owner had in there when I bought the car from him.
So I think I will be putting the same pads again, except I don't know about Brembo rotors - they seem to be considered economy on our cars? Still, I have a feeling they are probably just as good as more expensive ones...
Old 04-14-14, 08:01 PM
python
Lexus Champion

ur putting 15 dollar pads on ur car? wow...the most important system on ur car is ur braking system. I had someone come in and want to buy 25 dollar pads on a $30,000 mini van that his wife drives the kids around! I told him u might as well have her and the kids drive off a cliff and get it over with, for another 35 dollars I can sell u the best pad I have that I also sell to all the shops who buy the best pads...reason being the composition is better, u will get more miles...less dust..no squeaks (of course turning the rotors is important). most shops have invested in our on the car brake lathe to compensate for hub run out. good luck with those pads!
btw he bought the better pads
Old 04-14-14, 08:09 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

So your saying that the raybesto pads are complete garbage and are unsafe to put on a car? Maybe he just got a great deal and only had to pay $15.
Old 04-14-14, 11:32 PM
cgawelko
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sha4000
So your saying that the raybesto pads are complete garbage and are unsafe to put on a car? Maybe he just got a great deal and only had to pay $15.
This. A parts store in Texas is in the toilet and liquidating inventory to help pay off their debts, sucks for them, great for me.

Python: I dont pay retail. If you got customers stupid enough to pay retail price, thats sweet. Maybe all those upsells will reflect on your paycheck. I got brand new rotors with Raybestos Professional grade pads. You know, RAYBESTOS. As in these pads: http://www.raybestosbrakes.com/magno...rake-pads.html

oh interesting.. Looks like the pad that python recommended (CRAP-a Adaptive One) is just a rebox raybestos. Funny how that works. You paid $50+ for the same pad. LOL! http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums...Number=1167911

Last edited by cgawelko; 04-15-14 at 04:18 AM.

Quick Reply: Autozone brake pads part #D613