LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

New LS400 owner here

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-14, 07:34 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 339 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by IBGREEZY
I am also in the middle of a timing belt, water pump, cam/crank seals etc....except on my car everything is covered with an inch of grease/oil/dirt everywhere. It looks like the previous owner didn't care about not being able to see anything in the engine compartment. FML!!!! Replacing the timing belt is easy, the hard part is cleaning everything before re-assembly............end rant
Yeah my whole bottom was covered in grease too from those seals leaking for over 2 years. I was just real lazy in getting around to it since the car was parked all that time. I actually have everything tore down and cleaned up for the most part but I'm trying to figure out how to go at the cam seals since I have to remove the cams to change them out . Anyway why don't you get up under the car and have a look at the sensors OP? Maybe the wires are damaged. Maybe you can test them.
Old 05-13-14, 08:05 PM
ocr
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1uzae86
Ya ps pump is bad it'll work for like a day and a half if i limit my driving, but it leaks like a ***** so im done putting fluis in it to find the leak. Im just gonna get a new one when i have the money. As for the suspension, the car still has the air shocks. None of the corners have sunk since i bought it a few days ago, so im hesitant to just replace them with traditional suspension right now, id like to find out if the speed sensors are tied into the air suspension ecm and will cause it to malfunction as thats the codes i pulled from the height control light on the dash was a 31 and 35 which i found to be for malfunctioning speed sensors on the front left and right wheels. I wish i knew someone local to me with functional factory air suspension that i could test my switch and suspension ecm on.
Either way im ready to pull the air suspension once i get the traditional suspension from the junk yard, as my local one has 2 90 ls400s there. I'll be looking at around $130ish including cores and enviromental fees for all the corners
don't put standered suspension on, just fix the ishue with the air ride system. Or you can buy BC coils and put bags on them so you can sit hella low for show. And don't go to a Lexus dealer for ishues on a UCF10. Call around and look for a normal shop that has exp. with air ride and ask them for help.
Old 05-13-14, 08:17 PM
1uzae86
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ocr
don't put standered suspension on, just fix the ishue with the air ride system. Or you can buy BC coils and put bags on them so you can sit hella low for show. And don't go to a Lexus dealer for ishues on a UCF10. Call around and look for a normal shop that has exp. with air ride and ask them for help.
I'll have a look at the suspension tomorrow, im currently replacing my cigarette lighter where are the sensors i should be looking at located? Just in the wheel well or attached to the strut casing? Is anyone who replied to this thread in the portland, or area with working air suspension and can maybe stop by or meet up someplace to teach me a little about the chassis? I also have 2 extra cigarette lighters that work if anyones interested, i cant post in the classified section for a while

Edit: who sells new bags and needed equipment for the ucf10s? If i do bag it, i dont want to use O.E. stuff i rather get new air tanks, pumps and other needed gear.

Last edited by 1uzae86; 05-13-14 at 08:21 PM.
Old 05-30-14, 03:24 PM
1uzae86
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So i have a slight problem, my drivers side air bags are very slowly deflating. The car sat for about 3 months before i got it so i know that didnt help anything.

Im at a spot where i have to do cheap repairs, so ill be going with standard strut suspension.