LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Weird dream about the LS

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-16, 05:25 PM
9000revs
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Weird dream about the LS

I woke up in sweat last night after seeing the following dream ... thought some of you may appreciate it .....

Dream

I went to a huge dealership and parked by car with the engine running to go check on some part, come back and cannot find car. Did I park it somewhere else? Did it get stolen? So I start walking all the rows of cars and cannot find it ........ run over to service and they say go to the main office. Went to the main office and they shower me with balloons and say I have won a free car make over!

I rush to the build area and they have dumped my car, changed the wheels, added huge sub-woofer in my trunk, painted my car an ugly color and ugly wheels to match. I was livid!!! F-words were streaming out of my mouth as I demanded to get my car back as it was (close to stock). They said sorry and sign a waiver and I threw it back at them and called the cops .....

After discussion with the cop and dealership manager, I said I want my car back to as it was and demanded that they pay for my anguish and killing the value of my car by painting it etc....they refused to give me my Enkei wheels back .....

We settled on 15K check and I walked away but felt this sinking feeling in my heart as I left the car there ..........

When I woke up, I was relieved, but couldn't help thinking, why am I so attached to a 16 yr old car !!!

Sorry for the long post .........

Old 03-28-16, 06:37 PM
Stroock639
Lexus Test Driver

Received 243 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by 9000revs
When I woke up, I was relieved, but couldn't help thinking, why am I so attached to a 16 yr old car !!!
probably because that 16 year old car is just way better than anything being produced today, and there most likely won't be anything like it again. every time i get in i'm just like "holy crap, i can't believe i have something this good..." having an LS 400 as your first car is really a problem because everything else is essentially ruined for me lol... i've sat in a brand new LS and a brand new S Class and the old car is just miles ahead.

of course it doesn't have the technological sophistication of a new car but is that necessarily a bad thing? i love not having some ugly navigation screen, screens just aren't classy. you know what is? entirely backlit needles haha... the visibility is also just superior, and the big windows and low sides just create an airy feel to it that modern cars just don't have.

you already know all this though so i'll cut myself off. i'm happy it was just a dream! if that was done to my car necks would break...

Old 03-28-16, 06:37 PM
CELSI0R
Racer

Received 301 Likes on 237 Posts

It's funny that you brought this up! I had a very similar dream a few months ago, except my car was put on a show like Overhaul.

The same thing that happened to your car in your dream happened to mine; I didn't get a new paintjob, but I got 18" BBS rims and the dash was replaced with a Tesla style dash.. I missed the cold cathode dials so much! I'll never forget the sight in my dream of them speeding down the street to bring it to me, bottoming out on a pothole, and how furious I was the entire time.

Originally Posted by Stroock639
probably because that 16 year old car is just way better than anything being produced today, and there most likely won't be anything like it again. every time i get in i'm just like "holy crap, i can't believe i have something this good..." having an LS 400 as your first car is really a problem because everything else is essentially ruined for me lol... i've sat in a brand new LS and a brand new S Class and the old car is just miles ahead.

of course it doesn't have the technological sophistication of a new car but is that necessarily a bad thing? i love not having some ugly navigation screen, screens just aren't classy. you know what is? entirely backlit needles haha... the visibility is also just superior, and the big windows and low sides just create an airy feel to it that modern cars just don't have.

you already know all this though so i'll cut myself off. i'm happy it was just a dream!
I couldn't agree more! - Mine being 25 years old now. From a maintenance and safety standpoint, I really like how nearly everything is physically connected. Yes, some components are electronically controlled, but it's nothing in comparison to the computers with wheels on the streets today.

Last edited by CELSI0R; 03-28-16 at 06:41 PM.
Old 03-29-16, 10:08 AM
Stroock639
Lexus Test Driver

Received 243 Likes on 184 Posts

ok this is all your fault "8700revs" but i literally woke up from a dream not too long ago where i decided to see what my LS would be like as a convertible. after cutting the roof off i was initially amused but then i took a moment to think about what i'd just done and i was so absolutely furious. i'm gonna borrow a quote from the brochure here because it really is true... "first you're connected, then you're inseparable."
Old 03-29-16, 11:44 AM
timmy0tool

Received 426 Likes on 380 Posts

dang guys, your love for this car is that deep it invades your subconscious!

my bad dreams involve someone steeling my cars, which is why i moved away from old hondas. the anxiety they produced is not worth the ownership to me. with a lexus, i sleep like a baby!
Old 03-29-16, 01:40 PM
9000revs
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Funny comments all.

You are right about the quality of the car, just rented a Chevy Malibu whole of last week in FL, and it had many electronic gadgets, but coming back to the "old car" feels so classy, quiet and well made.

BTW, I dream about my NSX stolen or vandalized sometimes
Old 03-29-16, 02:49 PM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

yep been there too. be VERY CAREFUL driving after crash dreams. I had a dream I hydroplaned and hit a tree in my 90, and 3 days later I was in a head-on crash with it.

in the last few years ive had a few dreams about my car getting stolen, and two crash dreams. whenever I have a crash dream my car doesn't leave my driveway for a few days...