LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Help! Rear Foglight Won't Turn Off!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-17, 07:55 AM
rizdana
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help! Rear Foglight Won't Turn Off!

there's just clicking noise on the passenger side when i click the rear foglight off button but nothing happened to the lights itself.

mine seems like an LS400 UCF20 for european spec (RHD).

does anyone know how to resolve this issue? i dont want people behind me got their eyes damaged.

sorry for my bad english.
Old 06-26-17, 05:10 PM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 254 Likes on 201 Posts

Your English very good!

This is a forum for North America. Since Lexus vehicles sold in North America do not have rear fog lights, I doubt that there are very many forum members that understand how they work.

Is this a new problem or has it always been a problem since you purchased the car? Has this vehicle been imported from the U.K. (e.g. England) or was it originally sold in Japan, Australia or New Zealand.

Do the rear fog lights stay on when the front fog lights are off? On most vehicles made by Toyota, the rear fog lights are operable only when the front fog lights are on.

As a temporary measure, I suggest that you remove the rear fog light bulbs so that following drivers will not be blinded.

Perhaps the rear fog light relay has failed and is passing electrical current to the rear fog lights all the time.
Old 06-26-17, 05:45 PM
rizdana
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kansas
Your English very good!

This is a forum for North America. Since Lexus vehicles sold in North America do not have rear fog lights, I doubt that there are very many forum members that understand how they work
Is this a new problem or has it always been a problem since you purchased the car? Has this vehicle been imported from the U.K. (e.g. England) or was it originally sold in Japan, Australia or New Zealand.

Do the rear fog lights stay on when the front fog lights are off? On most vehicles made by Toyota, the rear fog lights are operable only when the front fog lights are on.

As a temporary measure, I suggest that you remove the rear fog light bulbs so that following drivers will not be blinded.

Perhaps the rear fog light relay has failed and is passing electrical current to the rear fog lights all the time.
thank you kansas for your kind reply!

ah i see, i live in indonesia and there are only <100 of these here. The paperwork came for this car stated that it was used by an embassy, so im not sure.

The rear foglights stays on even though the front foglights turned off, this happen after i bought the car.

On a side note, the rear foglights seems dimmed a little bit when i click the off switch (the off switch similar with a pen switch it came back to where it was positioned ) but after that the lights will get bright again.

Do you know how to access these bulbs correctly ? (The foglights are in the trunk taillights)