LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

I can't believe it!!! My car overheated!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-03, 09:54 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,360 Posts
Exclamation

Guys, please keep this civil.

Old 07-17-03, 10:56 AM
Rice
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 97 with 120,000 sometimes starts to overheat too, but only in extreme conditions – heat, traffic, etc. I never saw the temp gage go above 3/4, but it concerns me. My mechanic told me to change thermostat (bout $5) and to flush the system and replace coolant (about $30-50). Other than that, there is no reason for the car to overheat. Unless, your fan clutch is bad or the electric fan does not come on whenever you turn on the A/C - not the case with my car, but it may be something for you to look in to.

As far as your car being piece of sh—t, it very well may be… One can take the best car in the world and treat it like sh—t for 200K miles and guess what? Now the car is a piece of sh—t!

I’m not saying it’s your fault though. My car was treated pretty rough by the previous owners – deadbeats. It ended up being repossessed and that’s how I got such a good deal on it. I’ve spent at least 2,500 so far to restore it. It now drives better that any Mercedes that I’ve driven.
Old 07-17-03, 11:38 AM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by rybikowsky
you have a car with close to two hundered thousand miles on it, and your crying about the car needing some work. what do you expect of a car with that many miles on it.? These are great automobils And I am not some kid saying it. Before you start calling the car a peice of s--t I suggest you learn something about averedge car longevity.

WTF are you talking about? Can I at least complain about my own car?
Before you jump into a thread and post some RUDE opinion here in ClubLexus, I suggest you stay home and learn some manners. Don't be like a mad dog out here and barking around.
You don't give no respect to me, so I don't have to be nice to you
Old 07-17-03, 11:47 AM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Rice
My 97 with 120,000 sometimes starts to overheat too, but only in extreme conditions ?heat, traffic, etc. I never saw the temp gage go above 3/4, but it concerns me. My mechanic told me to change thermostat (bout $5) and to flush the system and replace coolant (about $30-50). Other than that, there is no reason for the car to overheat. Unless, your fan clutch is bad or the electric fan does not come on whenever you turn on the A/C - not the case with my car, but it may be something for you to look in to.

As far as your car being piece of sh—t, it very well may be? One can take the best car in the world and treat it like sh—t for 200K miles and guess what? Now the car is a piece of sh—t!

I’m not saying it’s your fault though. My car was treated pretty rough by the previous owners ?deadbeats. It ended up being repossessed and that’s how I got such a good deal on it. I’ve spent at least 2,500 so far to restore it. It now drives better that any Mercedes that I’ve driven.
Since you are nicer, I won't get mad at you My LS is still very smooth. The motor and transmission are still in very good condition. My interior and exterior are in great shape too(you can ask BR1AN and some local member.) I always too great care of my car and I know a car with that many miles will have some mechanical problems.......I called my car "piece of *****" is just an expression for my frustration.
Old 07-17-03, 11:51 AM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Guys, please keep this civil.

Dave, is it wrong to call my own car "piece of sh?t"
Don't blame me for getting a liitle bit mad
Old 07-17-03, 11:58 AM
Rice
Pole Position

Originally posted by Lonely Toothbrush
Since you are nicer, I won't get mad at you My LS is still very smooth. The motor and transmission are still in very good condition. My interior and exterior are in great shape too(you can ask BR1AN and some local member.) I always too great care of my car and I know a car with that many miles will have some mechanical problems.......I called my car "piece of *****" is just an expression for my frustration.
Thanks for not being mad at me
Old 07-17-03, 12:38 PM
wolver1ne
Driver School Candidate

Default Dura-lube...

don't just put dura-lube in, you only need one quart in place of one quart of oil. fill the rest with oil.
Old 07-17-03, 02:20 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yup...Eric's LS is in great shape. You guys shouldn't be so hard on him for calling his own car a POS...it was only out of frustration...I'm sure I would've been in the same mood if that happened to me. Besides...until my car is completely done...or at least lowered...it will be a POS to me...but it will be MY POS. Anyway...let's just get over this bickering and move on with our regular posting.

Last edited by BR1AN; 07-17-03 at 02:21 PM.
Old 07-17-03, 03:01 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Dave, is it wrong to call my own car "piece of sh?t"
Don't blame me for getting a liitle bit mad
No, that's fine and I totally understand your frustration with it overheating, but....

WTF are you talking about? Can I at least complain about my own car?
Before you jump into a thread and post some RUDE opinion here in ClubLexus, I suggest you stay home and learn some manners. Don't be like a mad dog out here and barking around.
You don't give no respect to me, so I don't have to be nice to you
the above response is what I exactly what I was trying to head off when I asked everyone to "please be civil". Guys, personal attacks are not going to be tolerated on ClubLexus. You don't have to respect other members, but you WILL respect the rules of the forum.

This thread is closed.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 07-17-03 at 03:07 PM.