LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Ls400

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-18, 05:50 AM
rjrobbin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stereorob
buy a car to flip that he don't care about, and comes here looking to see what he can get for it. there is the magical thing called "google". ever hear of it? how bout "kbb" ever hear of that either?

please do some research and don't waste our time. we are a group of people, that are passionate about these cars and help each other keep them running. kbye.
Uh...a little confused...Not sure why you were offended with my questions...Having not sold a car before, needed some suggestions as to some other approaches. I did do some research...i.e bluebook, Carmax. Felt that the car was worth more. Attempting to get emotion out of the picture. Have a nice day.
Old 11-28-18, 05:56 AM
rjrobbin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Zaks
Has it been winter driven much? How is the underside? I'm flying to Phoenix tomorrow to buy a 2000, but I have a couple friends interested in a clean 99-00. You should definitely post some more photos.
Posted some interior shots.
Old 11-28-18, 06:36 AM
rjrobbin
Driver School Candidate

buy a car to flip that he don't care about, and comes here looking to see what he can get for it. there is the magical thing called "google". ever hear of it? how bout "kbb" ever hear of that either?

please do some research and don't waste our time. we are a group of people, that are passionate about these cars and help each other keep them running. kbye.
not sure where you were coming from. “Flip”. Owned and cared for the car for 16 years.
Old 11-28-18, 08:10 AM
Zaks
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rjrobbin
Posted some interior shots.
Where are they posted?
Old 11-28-18, 08:47 AM
spuds
Racer

Received 195 Likes on 176 Posts

Uh...a little confused...Not sure why you were offended with my questions...Having not sold a car before, needed some suggestions as to some other approaches. I did do some research...i.e bluebook, Carmax. Felt that the car was worth more. Attempting to get emotion out of the picture. Have a nice day.
Rob is a good guy.Just wasnt one of his better posts is my take.IMO FWIW.

Ive had my share of not so good posts I wish I hadnt put out.Me personally,speaking for myself.

You are fine what youre doing in my book.Good luck on the sale.

Old 11-28-18, 09:01 AM
squeek158
Driver School Candidate

New guy here and all I can say is WHY haha. November 6th I bought a 1990 LS400 for a good deal but had this been listed on CL then like it is now I would have been on my way to c-bus. I am in the bottom of Ohio and would have gladly made a 2 hour trip to buy that. The one I bought does not look the greatest but she seems to run alright.
Old 11-28-18, 09:44 AM
rjrobbin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Zaks
Where are they posted?

Old 11-28-18, 10:30 AM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

I'll give you $1750!!!

Seriously though, do NOT give that to Carmax, and it would be very hard for me to sell it for anything below $4K given the shape it's in. GLWS
Old 11-28-18, 10:38 AM
rjrobbin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 213374U
I'll give you $1750!!!

Seriously though, do NOT give that to Carmax, and it would be very hard for me to sell it for anything below $4K given the shape it's in. GLWS
Thank you for your encouragement....Listed on Craigs List for $3500. I need to move it....new car coming next week.
Old 11-29-18, 07:47 AM
deanshark
Pole Position

Received 313 Likes on 270 Posts

buy a car to flip that he don't care about, and comes here looking to see what he can get for it.

please do some researchand don't waste our time.
I think this person is doing some research.
Wow that was one of Rob's not so good comments. Maybe he's upset that none of his recent purchases or projects are in this good shape for a cheap price.
But in his defense, after reading all the posts on this site that ask "what's my car worth" from kids that have a $500 car and think it's $5000, you can get opinionated. I've done it and not too proud of it. Owning a car for 16 years ya really don't know how much it's actually worth especially if they have more important things in their life then coming on this forum every day. Sorry if I offend anyone. But I'm here too.

But if you pay attention to the pics and posts you can tell alot about the person. Sometimes hard to do if you're reading 20-25 posts a day. What I get out of the pics is (sorry if I'm wrong) A female nurse, around 50, little knowledge of the mechanicals of the car, lives in a gated community (maybe under construction) with no street parking. Owned car since almost new, and just doesn't want to get ripped off selling the car.

The $3500 you listed is a good price, don't go too much less. (unless you come to that last day and you have to) The only thing I see bad is the dirty engine bay but don"t let someone talk ya down for that. Good luck with the sale. I wish I was closer because my son desperately needs a car but also due to my recent neck surgery and out of work, I wouldn't have that much anyway. Again, Good luck with the sale.
Old 11-29-18, 08:05 AM
rjrobbin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by deanshark
I think this person is doing some research.
Wow that was one of Rob's not so good comments. Maybe he's upset that none of his recent purchases or projects are in this good shape for a cheap price.
But in his defense, after reading all the posts on this site that ask "what's my car worth" from kids that have a $500 car and think it's $5000, you can get opinionated. I've done it and not too proud of it. Owning a car for 16 years ya really don't know how much it's actually worth especially if they have more important things in their life then coming on this forum every day. Sorry if I offend anyone. But I'm here too.

But if you pay attention to the pics and posts you can tell alot about the person. Sometimes hard to do if you're reading 20-25 posts a day. What I get out of the pics is (sorry if I'm wrong) A female nurse, around 50, little knowledge of the mechanicals of the car, lives in a gated community (maybe under construction) with no street parking. Owned car since almost new, and just doesn't want to get ripped off selling the car.

The $3500 you listed is a good price, don't go too much less. (unless you come to that last day and you have to) The only thing I see bad is the dirty engine bay but don"t let someone talk ya down for that. Good luck with the sale. I wish I was closer because my son desperately needs a car but also due to my recent neck surgery and out of work, I wouldn't have that much anyway. Again, Good luck with the sale.
You are a good detective...but the vanity plates give it away. 73 year old nurse retired. Golf club community. Never look under the hood...that is for mechanical types. getting ready to sell. I checked on the tires, we bought new Michelin tires back in 2016 and put 2000 miles on them...she really just drives the car no more than 4 miles per trip...( little old lady to church on Sunday syndrome )...Funny thing about the tires..The original tires were still on the car until we had a flat. Repair man said it was against the law to repair tires that old...so we bought new ones.
Old 11-29-18, 08:30 AM
deanshark
Pole Position

Received 313 Likes on 270 Posts

You are a good detective...but the vanity plates give it away. 73 year old nurse retired.
Thanks, the plate was only part of it. I was thinking retired but went with "around 50" so I didn't offend anyone. Hope ya make out good with the sale.
Old 11-29-18, 12:31 PM
Legender
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts

...Funny thing about the tires..The original tires were still on the car until we had a flat. Repair man said it was against the law to repair tires that old...so we bought new ones.
Ok, original tires until about 2k miles ago? That is impressive. If I wasn't already floating in LS' I'd be traveling to Ohio to pick up this clean specimen. Hope someone on the forum sees this and picks it up.
This is the clean, well-cared for version that everyone is always looking for.
Old 11-29-18, 01:12 PM
rjrobbin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Legender
Ok, original tires until about 2k miles ago? That is impressive. If I wasn't already floating in LS' I'd be traveling to Ohio to pick up this clean specimen. Hope someone on the forum sees this and picks it up.
This is the clean, well-cared for version that everyone is always looking for.
Well not to overstate it. I had replaced the tires several years before that with ones I found at Costco. Made the car sound like a truck. Then I did the Michelin's much better.
Old 11-29-18, 04:23 PM
spuds
Racer

Received 195 Likes on 176 Posts

You are a good detective...but the vanity plates give it away. 73 year old nurse retired.
Im not such a good detective.I got the Post Anesthesia Recovery nurse part,but thought you had obtained it from 'her'.

Quick Reply: Ls400