LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Tuning with DataLogs

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-19 | 09:03 AM
chukarhunt
Driver School Candidate

Default Tuning with DataLogs

Good Day Gents,

I have been happily driving my 1UZ swapped toyota pickup for the past few months. It is loud, mean, and loves to light up the rear tires. We have been having a series of snowstorms here in Nevada, and the truck loves to play in it haha. 1992 Toyota Pickup with 5 speed manual.

I am curious who here has tuned this/any engine utilizing datalogs? I am using tuner studio to tune the engine, MS3 Pro Evo for the ecm. The engine is running good, but there are a few quirks here and there, and I think it has a little more potential. I have taken two data logs, one of normal driving, the other ***** to the walls acceleration. I realized after looking at the data logs, I have no idea what I need to look for haha. I have only utilized the automatic VE analyze software in tuner studio and smoothed out the maps. I have advanced the timing once across the board, and that woke it up, but I am afraid to do anymore in fear of detonation.

Anything I need to pay particular close attention to? Any training online someone can refer me to? How much is it to have somebody take the logs and modify and tune file for me?

Just looking for options. Ideally I would love to get this on a dyno, but I don't have the current funds to do so. Thanks for any input!
Old 02-18-19 | 09:40 AM
timmy0tool

around here there are probably only one other person to run a swapped 1UZ using an ECU other than the factory (MS3 Pro Evo is a stand alone ECU).
unfortunately, this forum will not be of help as most folks here do not dabble with the aftermarket realm beyond simple bolt ons.

this is more of a maintenance enthusiast forum.
lextreme might be more up your alley or find a good aussie forum who plays with these engines outside of the factory ECU.
perhaps there are forums dedicated to the ECU itself, and its intricacies.

while you are here, I would like to see what you have to play with!