LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

said goodbye to one of mine last night.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-19, 08:00 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Default said goodbye to one of mine last night.

with 4 cars in the driveway and next to no free time at all these days. i had to kick one of them off the island.

which did i choose? my 1999 Black on Black UCF20. it was a parts / project car i bought butthurt cheap that was very much a unique mystery car. dashboard in Celsius, speed sensing auto locks, and a bunch of other interesting features the cars here in the states never got.
another reason i decided to sell it was because another one popped up on my radar that i really want.

it was a sweet and very unique car, but just needed too much attention and help that i simply couldnt give it, so into the driveway it went, which began its decline and i didnt wanna see that happen. i still threw a tag on it and bombed around the neighborhood in it every weekend. just didnt have time to fix it up.

put the car on FB marketplace for $950, and it only took a few weeks for it to sell. had plenty of time wasters, tire kickers, joy riders, and flippers offer me $300 for it. several of the drift/slam/stance folks were interested but i know they would have destroyed it, and i wanted it to go to a good home to someone that actually appreciated it for what it was, and that had the time and the funds to wrench on it, fix it up, and enjoy it. found my buyer last night. guy about my age pulls up in an absolutley clapped chrysler 300C, with his girlfriend in tow as the 2nd driver. told me he had one about 8 years ago that got totaled that only had 68k on it. told him if he was looking for one that was 11 years old and no miles, this wasnt going to be the car as it would feel nothing like the one he had. he didnt mind and knew already what he was expecting, and just really wanted another one that was going to be a project for him that he wants to restore. he had a deep passion for these cars about as much as i did and we talked about 2 hours about car stuff lol. cool guy. got in the car i drove first. went around the corner, stomped on it and slid the back end out for a second, which was enough to see it was a solid car and actually scare him slightly. then we switched places, he drove it 5 or so miles and fell in love with it. it needed a few things including title work, so he offered $850 which was still very fair, and i accepted. he gave me the cash, i gave him the keys and paperwork, and he drove off into the sunset.

im really glad this one went to someone that actually knows these cars and understands them. last one i sold was a black 90 when i was trying to get the money up to buy my jade 2000. that car was also in rough shape. guy ended up posting a bunch of huge burnouts with it on instagram and promptly nuked the transmission. then he called *****ing to me about how i ripped him off when it was his own stupid fault for abusing a car that needed attention before hooning. it ended up in the pick-n-pull shortly after.

he plans on blacking out the chrome, de badging and putting rims on it. told me hell send pics of it as it progresses.

final pic of the Black 99, shortly before he arrived to take it home.

Old 03-01-19, 10:31 AM
Legender
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts

Congrats on the sale Rob.. but I saw the teaser about what you really want. Where are those pics? Don't keep us guessing.
Old 03-01-19, 11:57 AM
Stroock639
Lexus Test Driver

Received 243 Likes on 184 Posts

it's tough to see a black on black car at night lol
Old 03-01-19, 05:04 PM
Sherl
Advanced

Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Stroock639
it's tough to see a black on black car at night lol
I see those lights. I am going to imagine the rest.
Old 03-02-19, 07:42 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Legender
Congrats on the sale Rob.. but I saw the teaser about what you really want. Where are those pics? Don't keep us guessing.
thats in a whole other thread im about to post