LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Replacement Connector Housing

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-19 | 12:54 AM
Bylan
Pit Crew

Default Replacement Connector Housing

Hi all, I have scoured the web and now ordered 2 wrong connectors. At this point i don't even know what to call the dang thing. Attached are pictures; I believe it to be the throttle position sensor connector, but I'm evidently wrong. 1998 LS400, 4 pin connector, connects right where the throttle cable spring is. The old connector is completely disintegrated and gone, so obviously I can't pull a toyota part # off of it.
Old 05-27-19 | 07:34 AM
YODAONE
Pole Position

Default Connector shell list

Originally Posted by Bylan
Hi all, I have scoured the web and now ordered 2 wrong connectors. At this point i don't even know what to call the dang thing. Attached are pictures; I believe it to be the throttle position sensor connector, but I'm evidently wrong. 1998 LS400, 4 pin connector, connects right where the throttle cable spring is. The old connector is completely disintegrated and gone, so obviously I can't pull a toyota part # off of it.
Here;

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...onnectors.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...-housings.html
Old 05-27-19 | 10:43 AM
Bylan
Pit Crew

These are super helpful lists, thank you Yodaone. Although, I only see 1 item listed pertaining to the throttle and I'm not positive that is any different from the 2 connectors I have already ordered.
Old 05-27-19 | 11:42 AM
deanshark
Pole Position

These are super helpful lists, thank you Yodaone. Although, I only see 1 item listed pertaining to the throttle and I'm not positive that is any different from the 2 connectors I have already ordered.
Last resort if nobody here knows the part number you could just go to a junk yard (if it's a pick & pull) and get the part number off of it, or take the connector from there.
Or maybe someone here with a 98 could look at theirs and get ya the number.
Old 05-27-19 | 05:12 PM
YODAONE
Pole Position

Provided a link containing the label P.N. on factory package. Have a look.

Here is an image.

If unsure, contact Toyota or Lexus.

This P.N. is also used on airflow sensor and coil packs. All were just as brittle on mine

Order 10.
Old 05-27-19 | 05:24 PM
Bylan
Pit Crew

I think you are correct about this connector being the same as the coil pack connectors, and yes half of my coil connectors no longer have their clips so I think I'll order 1 or 2 and make sure they're the correct part then I'll pick up the rest. Thanks a lot yodaone, now if I could just get my car to start I'd have the motivation to do all that. I've got a separate thread on that here too, I think I have major electrical issues even though everything works perfectly on the car.
Old 05-27-19 | 05:45 PM
YODAONE
Pole Position

I think you are correct about this connector being the same as the coil pack connectors, and yes half of my coil connectors no longer have their clips so I think I'll order 1 or 2 and make sure they're the correct part then I'll pick up the rest. Thanks a lot yodaone, now if I could just get my car to start I'd have the motivation to do all that. I've got a separate thread on that here too, I think I have major electrical issues even though everything works perfectly on the car.
If you are not sure they are the correct part, then why purchase any?

Also, probably prudent to verify wiring orientation
Old 05-27-19 | 05:58 PM
Bylan
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by YODAONE
If you are not sure they are the correct part, then why purchase any?

Also, probably prudent to verify wiring orientation
90980-11150 is definitely listed in your thread on connector housings as an "ignition coil and ignitor" connector for all 8 coils. If I order 1, because I KNOW I need to at least replace a few of the coil connectors, I can verify it also fits the throttle position sensor. If you know another way to be sure, other than taking somebody ELSES word for it, then I'm all ears. Again I appreciate the help and info.
Old 05-27-19 | 06:28 PM
YODAONE
Pole Position

90980-11150 is definitely listed in your thread on connector housings as an "ignition coil and ignitor" connector for all 8 coils. If I order 1, because I KNOW I need to at least replace a few of the coil connectors, I can verify it also fits the throttle position sensor. If you know another way to be sure, other than taking somebody ELSES word for it, then I'm all ears. Again I appreciate the help and info.
Here;

The image I posted of connector shell IS from a 1999 LS400 throttle position sensor.

After 3 posts, you are still questioning.
Factory connector shell descriptive parts list, an image of the correct connector shell in factory package emblazoned with P.N., and now another image of the part on the position sensor.

Consider taking your vehicle to the dealer.
Old 05-28-19 | 09:18 PM
Bylan
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by YODAONE
Here;

The image I posted of connector shell IS from a 1999 LS400 throttle position sensor.

After 3 posts, you are still questioning.
Factory connector shell descriptive parts list, an image of the correct connector shell in factory package emblazoned with P.N., and now another image of the part on the position sensor.

Consider taking your vehicle to the dealer.
Its a third car, in no rush to spend hundreds at my local stealership. Go to the dealership I won't, learn to fix myself I will