LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

1995 LS400 AC issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-19, 06:25 PM
naqvi
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This car does not have phone option.
Old 07-16-19, 06:36 PM
Bylan
Pit Crew

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by naqvi
This car does not have phone option.
Or it was removed many many years ago, as were many, and the module is still in the trunk, getting wet and corroded. Its worth checking into. My cars fan got stuck on low and the rear drivers door speaker was muted when mine went wonky from water getting into the trunk, long after I removed the phone itself.
Old 07-19-19, 06:50 PM
naqvi
Driver School Candidate

Today I went to Lexus for help, they couldnt tell me anything new. The parts counter wizard would not sell me the relay I wanted just in case. He said they come in whole assembly. Anyway he told me there is another small module box under battery. It shows fuse. I had the full wiring from my lexus post friend Kellie, which is very helpful. i took the battery out just incase I missed something. I took the battery base and housing out. I was looking at AC compressor since there is good visibility, I found this one wire on its own dangling. Seems to be ground wire. It was getting late and I did not have cleaner, the area is very dirty. Once its clean, I will try to find the other end of that wire. Anyone has any idea

where this wire goes? Picture attached.
Old 07-20-19, 12:28 PM
naqvi
Driver School Candidate

Reconnected the wire. seemed like at bottom of compressor one on each end. It was hell to connect, but the are connected. It was a long shot. No power to blower still. Anyone with any other idea? I checked my Relay panel, and seems like with tester there is power on board, but no power going to Resistor.
Old 07-22-19, 05:10 PM
naqvi
Driver School Candidate

Still working on my AC issue. Anyone know where Instrument panel J/B is located. I found wire cluster by driver side next to parking brake padel. No fuses. I found small fusebox by driver side under dash and one in engine compartment. There has to be anotherone somehwere. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 08-07-19, 12:22 PM
AlaskanLS
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Still working on my AC issue. Anyone know where Instrument panel J/B is located. I found wire cluster by driver side next to parking brake padel. No fuses. I found small fusebox by driver side under dash and one in engine compartment. There has to be anotherone somehwere. Any help will be appreciated.
Check these pdf files, it may help. Keep one thing in mind, if the AC is low on refrigerant, it won't turn on.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
relay.pdf (46.4 KB, 52 views)
troubles.pdf (1.78 MB, 50 views)
Old 08-07-19, 12:37 PM
AlaskanLS
Intermediate

Go to page AC 30, if the blower motor doesn't turn on it could also be because of Ambient temperature sensor. Troubles.pdf explains it in detail how to test it. Also, go to the page AC-26 and read MATRIX CHART OF PROBLEM SYMPTOMS.
On page AC-72 read what it says "The heater main relay is switched on by signals from the air conditioning control assembly, and switchespower to the blower motor".

Last edited by AlaskanLS; 08-07-19 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-07-19, 12:53 PM
AlaskanLS
Intermediate

I am not sure about 95 but in 91 the third fuse relay box is also under the kick panel. The one in kick panel if u flip it around u will see more fuses on the top. I may have it's a picture to give u a rough idea that what I am talking about. Check this link https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...-turn-off.html
Old 08-07-19, 12:59 PM
AlaskanLS
Intermediate

Here is the fuse box information about your car. The relay box inside the kick panel has more fuses on the top, to reach those you have to disassemble the fuse box inside the kick panel to reach the relay on it's flip side.
Attached Files
powersou(1).pdf (468.2 KB, 40 views)
Old 08-07-19, 04:18 PM
naqvi
Driver School Candidate

The kick panel relays dont look like associated with AC. Unless there are other fuses behind it, no use assembling them, My problem is from control panel to Engine room relay board or other circuit. There is no power coming to resistor to tell blower motor to come on.
Old 08-07-19, 04:32 PM
AlaskanLS
Intermediate

The kick panel relays dont look like associated with AC. Unless there are other fuses behind it, no use assembling them, My problem is from control panel to Engine room relay board or other circuit. There is no power coming to resistor to tell blower motor to come on.
There are relays behind the kick panel fuse box, by behind I mean the flip side but none of those relays are connected to AC after looking at the pdf file. Maybe your climate control that has AC button is faulty. Try to check the climate control harness.
Old 08-07-19, 04:37 PM
naqvi
Driver School Candidate

So the Climate control panel has power. It functions like it should. LCD is dim but still works. It goes and checks itself through self diagnostic. No code gets flagged. I am messing with it right now.
Old 08-07-19, 04:40 PM
AlaskanLS
Intermediate

Does your car's blower motor turn on for heat function?
Old 08-07-19, 04:45 PM
naqvi
Driver School Candidate

No. No heater either. Panel has power, but blower does not come on.
Old 08-07-19, 05:25 PM
AlaskanLS
Intermediate

Do you read these pdf files that I attach to my replies? In troubles pdf that uploaded above, go to page AC 74 and AC 75 to diagnose the circuit of the blower motor and blower motor itself to make sure that blower motor is not fried. If blower motor checks out good then move to the ECU harness as described in this pdf. Please read all these pdf files in detail and don't rush back to the car by simply reading just one line.
Attached Files
howtotro.pdf (358.6 KB, 177 views)

Quick Reply: 1995 LS400 AC issue