LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

2000 LS400-Disable Factory Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-19, 12:15 PM
statman24
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2000 LS400-Disable Factory Alarm

Folks,

Like others have seemingly experienced, my 2000 LS400 alarm tends to go off at random times.

Has anyone been successful in disabling it... or know how?

There is supposed to be a "green" wire in the passenger door that deals with factory alarm disarm.

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay...tail/1287.html

In the meantime, are there things that I can check to narrow down the root cause of it going off?
Old 07-31-19, 08:11 PM
oldskewel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

Not sure if it applies to your car, but a thread on the infamous green wire is here. I recommend you skip all the stuff until the photos start a couple of pages in.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...exus-ls-3.html

I posted in there to help clarify the ambiguous instructions, and did get things clarified and working.

But be warned ... when doing that on my '91, it killed my feature where unlocking the driver's door with the key, with two turns of the key, would unlock all 4 doors. Not an important feature for me, but I wasted a couple of hours trying to figure out why that feature went away, since I did not even notice it for a couple of years after grounding the green wire.
Old 07-31-19, 09:38 PM
aptoslexus
Advanced

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

In the meantime, are there things that I can check to narrow down the root cause of it going off?
I'd check the door/trunk/hood switches for problems.
Old 07-31-19, 11:44 PM
clipster
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by aptoslexus
I'd check the door/trunk/hood switches for problems.
+1 on the switches. Whenever I take my car to someplace cold I have to remember to unlock it first before opening the trunk; otherwise opening the trunk will set off the alarm.
Old 08-01-19, 01:34 AM
statman24
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by oldskewel
Not sure if it applies to your car, but a thread on the infamous green wire is here. I recommend you skip all the stuff until the photos start a couple of pages in.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...exus-ls-3.html

I posted in there to help clarify the ambiguous instructions, and did get things clarified and working.

But be warned ... when doing that on my '91, it killed my feature where unlocking the driver's door with the key, with two turns of the key, would unlock all 4 doors. Not an important feature for me, but I wasted a couple of hours trying to figure out why that feature went away, since I did not even notice it for a couple of years after grounding the green wire.
Does that post pertain to a 2000 model year as well?

I only ask because I have a 2000 model year and according to the 12volt.com link I posted, the green wire is supposed to be "In Passenger's Door or at ECU" and not the "Driver's Kick Panel".

There is an ECU in the driver door with 3 plugs, each with many wires. I could not find one that was 100% green.

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay...tail/1280.html?

As far as switches go, I did find the trunk switch.... cleaned that one as good as I could and re-installed. I can't, though, find any switches on my doors or hood. Must be tied into the latches on the later models.

Last edited by statman24; 08-01-19 at 01:37 AM.
Old 08-01-19, 10:48 AM
oldskewel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by statman24
Does that post pertain to a 2000 model year as well?...
Repeating the first few words of my post, "Not sure if it applies to your car, but ..."

Looking at that thread I referenced, I do see a '99 mentioned. It is pretty easy to get access to the wires by the driver's feet. I definitely know how useless instructions that are 80% right can be in cases like this.

So if I were you, I would take a look at your wires by the driver's feet (i.e., as described in the thread I referenced) and see if what you see in your car matches the photos in the thread, and proceed accordingly. Would be good to update that thread based on whatever you find.
Old 08-01-19, 01:14 PM
statman24
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by oldskewel
Repeating the first few words of my post, "Not sure if it applies to your car, but ..."

Looking at that thread I referenced, I do see a '99 mentioned. It is pretty easy to get access to the wires by the driver's feet. I definitely know how useless instructions that are 80% right can be in cases like this.

So if I were you, I would take a look at your wires by the driver's feet (i.e., as described in the thread I referenced) and see if what you see in your car matches the photos in the thread, and proceed accordingly. Would be good to update that thread based on whatever you find.
OK.... Will do!