LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

I made a huge mistake - SKP motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-19, 06:11 PM
Sin1UZFE
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by bradland
Isn't this thread titled "I made a huge mistake...."?
Those words MIGHT lead one to believe you learned the lesson the first time.
Considering there no mention of purchasing them.....just wondering how these would be with my fellow clublexus. That might is rendered moot.

Going Londo Lexus. 144 ea
Old 09-12-19, 10:26 AM
SoCalUCF20
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sin1UZFE
Like this for example. https://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-LEX...item23c2fa0a00

Save $100 for potentially knock offs. Messaged him, he says they are OEM. But.....ebay...lol
Just took delivery of engine and trans mounts from the same seller. They are definitely genuine parts. Packaging matches parts I've purchase from dealerships.
The following users liked this post:
Sin1UZFE (09-12-19)
Old 09-12-19, 10:28 AM
Sin1UZFE
Racer

Originally Posted by SoCalUCF20
Just took delivery of engine and trans mounts from the same seller. They are definitely genuine parts. Packaging matches parts I've purchase from dealerships.
Awesome, let us know how it performs with them installed.
Old 09-12-19, 01:06 PM
deanshark
Pole Position

Received 313 Likes on 270 Posts

Wow since this started the guy sold all 8 he had listed. Now has 0 available so that might be what he was selling in his Amazon ad also.
That's what happens if ya wait too long.
Old 09-12-19, 01:41 PM
deanshark
Pole Position

Actually the guy took off his Amazon ad but now some being sold by "Genuine Parts Planet".

Be careful with that guy. The pictures show the part # different on the part and on the label.

SoCalUCF20; Does the parts you received have the # on the parts?

EDIT: And also have "Japan" stamped on the part?

Last edited by deanshark; 09-12-19 at 03:10 PM.
Old 09-12-19, 01:43 PM
Sin1UZFE
Racer

Originally Posted by deanshark
Actually the guy took off his Amazon ad but now some being sold by "Genuine Parts Planet".

Be careful with that guy. The pictures show the part # different on the part and on the label.

SoCalUCF20; Does the parts you received have the # on the parts?
If I was weary about jp genuine I will definitely be with the new guy lol I also seen these https://www.ebay.com/p/Lexus-Ls400-G...IaAmbNEALw_wcB

UAE tho
Old 09-12-19, 03:08 PM
deanshark
Pole Position

I will admit this: I have mostly used aftermarket parts. If I was to want a true Lexus part I would only buy from the dealer. All these places online could just be buying the plastic bags for the parts, print up the labels to look like a Toyota label (but not exactly), stamp Japan on the label so it looks real and buy a whole bunch of these https://zhijie.en.made-in-china.com/...361-50021.html for less then $10, which have the Lexus part # on it but made in China, and then sell them for $90.
Old 09-12-19, 03:30 PM
Sin1UZFE
Racer

I will admit this: I have mostly used aftermarket parts. If I was to want a true Lexus part I would only buy from the dealer. All these places online could just be buying the plastic bags for the parts, print up the labels to look like a Toyota label (but not exactly), stamp Japan on the label so it looks real and buy a whole bunch of these https://zhijie.en.made-in-china.com/...361-50021.html for less then $10, which have the Lexus part # on it but made in China, and then sell them for $90.
Like them?
https://www.mylparts.com/
https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/
Old 09-12-19, 03:42 PM
bradland

Received 685 Likes on 561 Posts

Not sure who LexusPartsNow is affiliated with but here's the invoice from my last MyLParts order.
300 Automall Dr is the exact same as Lexus of Roseville Ca.
https://www.lexusofroseville.com/

Old 09-12-19, 03:48 PM
Sin1UZFE
Racer

Not sure who LexusPartsNow is affiliated with but here's the invoice from my last MyLParts order.
300 Automall Dr is the exact same as Lexus of Roseville Ca.
https://www.lexusofroseville.com/

The address lexuspartsnow shipped from
Old 09-12-19, 03:51 PM
bradland

Received 685 Likes on 561 Posts

So both are legit dealers
Old 09-12-19, 03:52 PM
Sin1UZFE
Racer

So both are legit dealers
yup, my lexus parts seems to be consistently cheaper than mylparts. Guess I will buy from them from now on if rockauto doesnt have aisin or denso.
Old 09-13-19, 08:41 AM
deanshark
Pole Position

No, not like them. These two are OK. (from what everyone else says, I've never ordered form them) I was talking about ALL the other links you've posted in all your threads about your motor mounts. All the ones that come in the plastic bags inside a plain white box with a stick on label that anyone can print out. Some of those labels I've seen have "Japan" stamped on them, and some have Japan printed. Some say Toyota genuine part, and some say Toyota genuine part and Lexus genuine part on the same label. For most people they look legit and would be confusing unless looking at 2 labels at the same time to compare them.
Old 09-13-19, 08:45 AM
Sin1UZFE
Racer

No, not like them. These two are OK. (from what everyone else says, I've never ordered form them) I was talking about ALL the other links you've posted in all your threads about your motor mounts. All the ones that come in the plastic bags inside a plain white box with a stick on label that anyone can print out. Some of those labels I've seen have "Japan" stamped on them, and some have Japan printed. Some say Toyota genuine part, and some say Toyota genuine part and Lexus genuine part on the same label. For most people they look legit and would be confusing unless looking at 2 labels at the same time to compare them.
The logic is sound, which is why only lexus parts now for me
Old 09-13-19, 12:06 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

The amount of deceptive products out there makes buying hard. For the peace of mind buying from the Lexus/Toyota dealerships online parts dept is a sure and safe bet for getting a true product. Yeah it costs $ but you don't worry about whether it is a genuine Toyota part. After all this the car is ready for the next 200K miles.

Quick Reply: I made a huge mistake - SKP motor mounts