LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

My Second LS400

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-19 | 05:52 PM
JohnAndic
Intermediate

Smile My Second LS400

I know some of you are shaking your heads already. Looks over this thread; for the club lexus pre-history of the car. First Thread The car was pretty cheap due to an unknown electrical issue. I have not done anything other then clean her a bit. This one is my project car. I plan to pop off the NSS tomorrow and take a look. I am the 3rd owner. Will update with more info as I dig into it more.

She is actually still really dirty.

Passenger side wood panel is a different color then the rest of the wood. Replaced, just the wood grain?

This intake was broken at some time in the past. Repaired with whatever this stuff is. Car still runs and drives. Is very quite. Will post video soon.

This is where it broke off from. Gonna need to replace this part.

All of these rust area's seem solid to me. I will do what I can for it.

Driver's side door.

These four pictures are the extent of any body rust.
Old 09-15-19 | 10:57 AM
JohnAndic
Intermediate

Question Some Video of failed start-up

She had some issues getting going this morning. Looks like rain all day.

More to come.
Old 09-15-19 | 02:43 PM
Sin1UZFE
Racer

Jealous of that green
Old 09-16-19 | 05:31 AM
Legender
Racer

Not bad for an 'up north' car. Looks like you've got some work ahead of you. Have fun.
Old 09-17-19 | 10:15 AM
Fit1too
Advanced

New car, I'd probably purchase a different car every month if I had the space! Enjoy!
Old 09-17-19 | 07:06 PM
JohnAndic
Intermediate

Question Hey Hey Hey!!

I don't know but I think I caused the gremlin to change. The car was not idling for this long before, it would only Idle for 3-5 minutes the the weird electrical stuff would happen. I actually had no seen that except when I picked up the car. The battery had a large amount of acid on the outside of it, I washed it off and cleaned the terminals, I cleaned and took apart all the plastics. So for now anyways the Gremlin is that other video I posted before. Where it wont stay on. Then it seems to completely die, the motors in the steering wheel stop, then i take the key out, put it back in and she starts... She has only done this two times though so I dunno.
Old 09-17-19 | 07:16 PM
JohnAndic
Intermediate

Thank you Sin, its a deep dark Jade.

Yes Legender, a good amount. Like you said not bad for an up north car, I think the paint is a good color for when I deal with the rust I might be able to blend it in pretty good.

Yes Fit I am pleased with it. She will be garage stored even though she has a little rust. Gotta empty out the garage though.
Old 09-17-19 | 08:56 PM
Sin1UZFE
Racer

Originally Posted by JohnAndic
Squeaky Engine

21 Minutes of Idle Time

I don't know but I think I caused the gremlin to change. The car was not idling for this long before, it would only Idle for 3-5 minutes the the weird electrical stuff would happen. I actually had no seen that except when I picked up the car. The battery had a large amount of acid on the outside of it, I washed it off and cleaned the terminals, I cleaned and took apart all the plastics. So for now anyways the Gremlin is that other video I posted before. Where it wont stay on. Then it seems to completely die, the motors in the steering wheel stop, then i take the key out, put it back in and she starts... She has only done this two times though so I dunno.
Pulley most likely on the squeaky. I'm jealous that's the color I want
Old 09-17-19 | 09:33 PM
JohnAndic
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sin1UZFE
Pulley most likely on the squeaky. I'm jealous that's the color I want

I was not looking for any color in particular, I was partial to a green car before I found her, but I like it a lot. The color is deep. There is one on kijiji still in Edmonton, Alberta. 1998 Jade with standard badges
Old 09-17-19 | 11:58 PM
CLLEXUSS
Intermediate

The paint quality alone on these cars put so many other car makers to shame. Got some rust marks sure but that doesn't diminish the quality of the paint and and thick gauge metal steel skins on these cars. Newer cars dent like pepsi cans. That green looks so nice, to get a paint job with that quality now-a-days would cost a small fortune. Even on my white 2000 LS 400 they used the same metal flake when they really didn't have to with white but they did.
Old 09-22-19 | 04:59 PM
JohnAndic
Intermediate

Question Code B2797

I hooked up the BlueDriver to my 1998. It is giving out the code B2797 which is Communication Malfunction No. 1 Immobilizer System. Does anyone have any experience with this code?

Possible causes, Faulty Key, Faulty transponder key amplifier, Faulty transponder key ECU assembly, transponder key amplifier wire harness. I know the previous owner tried to disconnect the ignition so it could be from that. I remember someone told me or I read that they had a similar problem to what my 1998 was doing what due to a lose ECU connection.

Old 09-22-19 | 06:37 PM
RelentLex
Pit Crew

Congrats on the purchase, now this is a decent LS400. love the color of the interior too. I dont like the green LS400's with beige interior, kind of clashes to my eyes, but with your darker/green interior it really sets the car off right.
Those rust spots arent bad, easy fixes. Mine had a few too that i got repaired and the body looks great now.
Was this car on kijiji? i didnt notice it up for sale and im always lurking
Old 09-22-19 | 09:51 PM
JohnAndic
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RelentLex
Congrats on the purchase, now this is a decent LS400. love the color of the interior too. I dont like the green LS400's with beige interior, kind of clashes to my eyes, but with your darker/green interior it really sets the car off right.
Those rust spots arent bad, easy fixes. Mine had a few too that i got repaired and the body looks great now.
Was this car on kijiji? i didnt notice it up for sale and im always lurking
Thanks. Yes it was.
Old 09-23-19 | 01:02 PM
lextout
Racer

thats that money green i see
Old 09-23-19 | 02:06 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

An old pic of Lexkost's:

Quick Reply: My Second LS400