LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Lexus LS400 Coach Edition One of Just 2,500 Produced

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-20, 11:37 AM
Curated Content Editor
CL Editor

Received 172 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Lexus LS400 Coach Edition One of Just 2,500 Produced

Lexus LS400 Coach Edition One of Just 2,500 Produced
By Brett Foote

It isn't every day you see a Coach Edition Lexus LS400, making this one a truly special find.
Old 01-08-20, 02:37 PM
Sin1UZFE
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 59 Posts

Sexy beast
Old 01-08-20, 05:07 PM
Johnny Mayday
CL Town Crier

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Whoa... This looks amazing. Especially for having 100k+ miles on it!
Old 01-09-20, 08:24 AM
timmy0tool

Received 422 Likes on 376 Posts

I've seen a few coach editions around town but alas they were not as clean.
never knew there were that limited, but other than the embordered leather I wonder what else makes it unique?
The following users liked this post:
Johnny Mayday (01-09-20)
Old 01-09-20, 10:05 AM
deanshark
Pole Position

Received 313 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by timmy0tool
I've seen a few coach editions around town but alas they were not as clean.
never knew there were that limited, but other than the embordered leather I wonder what else makes it unique?
They sure do bid pretty high on that site, don't they? It is a clean car but,for an LS400 enthusiast there is alot better for alot cheaper out there.
I've seen a few myself and to me they're just another LS400 with 5 extra letters. "Coach"
This was written by one of the bidders in the auction;For 1997, a limited “Coach Edition” LS 400 was produced in partnership with American leather manufacturer Coach Inc. The edition featured Coach leather seats; embroidered emblems on the exterior, floormats, and armrest; special colors and added trim; and a Coach cabin bag. Production was limited to a yearly run of 2,500 units.

LS 400 Coach Edition comes equipped with a collection of features at a significant value, including Coach leather interior, a special Coach leather center console with an embossed Coach logo, wood and leather accented shift ****, unique five-spoke alloy wheels, carpeted floor mats with an embroidered Coach insignia, six-disc in-dash CD autochanger, power tilt/slide moonroof, and multi-adjustable power front seats with power lumbar support and memory capability.

Additional touches to the LS 400 Coach Edition include subtle exterior Champagne-pearl badging and a Coach leather Cabin Bag in British Tan. The Coach Edition will be available in five tone-on-tone exterior colors: Opal White, Cashmere Beige, Black Onyx, Moonstone Pearl and Silver Jade Metallic. Coordinated interior colors are available in Ivory, Black or Cypress.

Johnny Mayday (01-09-20)
Old 01-09-20, 10:23 AM
EthanS
Pole Position

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

I dont know that I agree with ALL of the above...

My 99 is not a Coach edition but had the "unique five-spoke alloy wheels", the "wood and leather accented shift ****", a "six-disc in-dash CD autochanger", "power tilt/slide moonroof", and the "multi-adjustable power front seats with power lumbar support and memory capability".

I believe the only differences in the Coach Edition was the actual leather material that was used, the Coach interior/exterior logos, and the Coach Cabin Bag.
But I'm willing to be proven wrong
Johnny Mayday (01-09-20)
Old 01-09-20, 10:59 AM
Sin1UZFE
Racer

Originally Posted by deanshark
They sure do bid pretty high on that site, don't they? It is a clean car but,for an LS400 enthusiast there is alot better for alot cheaper out there.
I've seen a few myself and to me they're just another LS400 with 5 extra letters. "Coach"
This was written by one of the bidders in the auction;For 1997, a limited “Coach Edition” LS 400 was produced in partnership with American leather manufacturer Coach Inc. The edition featured Coach leather seats; embroidered emblems on the exterior, floormats, and armrest; special colors and added trim; and a Coach cabin bag. Production was limited to a yearly run of 2,500 units.

LS 400 Coach Edition comes equipped with a collection of features at a significant value, including Coach leather interior, a special Coach leather center console with an embossed Coach logo, wood and leather accented shift ****, unique five-spoke alloy wheels, carpeted floor mats with an embroidered Coach insignia, six-disc in-dash CD autochanger, power tilt/slide moonroof, and multi-adjustable power front seats with power lumbar support and memory capability.

Additional touches to the LS 400 Coach Edition include subtle exterior Champagne-pearl badging and a Coach leather Cabin Bag in British Tan. The Coach Edition will be available in five tone-on-tone exterior colors: Opal White, Cashmere Beige, Black Onyx, Moonstone Pearl and Silver Jade Metallic. Coordinated interior colors are available in Ivory, Black or Cypress.
That they do for sure...but hey this one has heated seats
Johnny Mayday (01-09-20)
Old 01-10-20, 10:13 AM
deanshark
Pole Position

Received 313 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Sin1UZFE
That they do for sure...but hey this one has heated seats
LOL. I just don't understand how someone can spend that much on a 23 yr old car without seeing, and driving, it in person. He said the damage was passenger fender had been painted due to a parking lot incident. Well, how bad of an incident??? The passenger door doesn't line up right. Also said it never seen winters, but the exhaust looks like it has seen ALOT of salt and sand. But, "to each his own". Hope it works out for the buyer and he enjoys it for many years to come.

Old 01-10-20, 03:31 PM
Sin1UZFE
Racer

Originally Posted by deanshark
LOL. I just don't understand how someone can spend that much on a 23 yr old car without seeing, and driving, it in person. He said the damage was passenger fender had been painted due to a parking lot incident. Well, how bad of an incident??? The passenger door doesn't line up right. Also said it never seen winters, but the exhaust looks like it has seen ALOT of salt and sand. But, "to each his own". Hope it works out for the buyer and he enjoys it for many years to come.
I totally agree