LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

So you want an ls400

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-20, 07:18 PM
Sin1UZFE
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 59 Posts
Default So you want an ls400

Woot
Old 04-14-20, 07:31 PM
Stroock639
Lexus Test Driver

Received 240 Likes on 181 Posts

just going off the thumbnail i definitely don't want that LS 400
Old 04-14-20, 08:24 PM
Sin1UZFE
Racer

Originally Posted by Stroock639
Agreed......lol
Old 04-15-20, 09:43 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

I want that 5 minutes back even if skipping through that video.
Old 04-15-20, 04:06 PM
JohnAndic
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by RA40
I want that 5 minutes back even if skipping through that video.
I was a little disappointed also. However in my old age I have come to despise almost every youtube creator/channel. My 1200 Junker LS says more about owning an LS then any video ever could. They also basically think its only for VIP.
Old 04-15-20, 05:24 PM
Stroock639
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JohnAndic
I was a little disappointed also. However in my old age I have come to despise almost every youtube creator/channel. My 1200 Junker LS says more about owning an LS then any video ever could. They also basically think its only for VIP.
i never got how someone could drive an LS 400 and go you know what would improve this car? completely ruining its legendary world class ride quality and practicality

i've always said why not just VIP like a cadillac deville from the same era... looks basically the same but it's a pile of junk so who cares if that gets messed with lol
Old 04-17-20, 04:14 PM
heyTony
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Stroock639
Originally Posted by Sin1UZFE
Agreed......lol
Boomers hahaha your age shows. The car's ancient, that's why the new generation of enthusiasts are enjoying it now. It's been more than two decades since last-generation LS400 if you guys forgot.

They're never going to be Mercedes or Maserati sedans, why pretend like they are? Legendary ride quality, pfftt. Even the Japanese themselves offer racing-level aftermarket parts for the Toyota Celsior, they WANT you to make it better. The LS400 handles perfectly fine with a modified suspension just like all the other Toyota sporty sedans and other Japanese cars give me a break.

Last edited by heyTony; 04-17-20 at 04:18 PM.
Old 04-17-20, 04:18 PM
Sin1UZFE
Racer

Originally Posted by heyTony
Boomers hahaha your age shows. The car's ancient, that's why the new generation of enthusiasts are enjoying it now.

They're never going to be Mercedes or Maserati sedans, why pretend like they are? Legendary ride quality, pfftt. Even the Japanese themselves offer racing-level aftermarket parts for the Toyota Celsior, they WANT you to make it better. The LS400 handles perfectly fine with a modified suspension just like all the other Toyota sporty sedans and other Japanese cars give me a break.

You do know boomers were those born after 1945 right? I was born many decades after that. Lol
Old 04-17-20, 04:27 PM
heyTony
Rookie

You do know boomers were those born after 1945 right? I was born many decades after that. Lol
You're a 30 year-old boomer because you complain about people who own these cars today. Stock cars are boring- if you don't do anything cool to an old car, why even have it? You look no different from the grandpas driving your LS400 on the street. That's the whole point of owning one of these old platforms: for the looks. If you are after performance, why drive a stock 90's tech car- you should be driving a modern BMW sport sedan.

Decades have past. There are new parts being developed for these cars everyday. Donut Media and FitmentIndustries just shed new light on these ancient cars. A breathe of fresh air. If you aren't taking advantage, you are already behind.

Old 04-17-20, 04:31 PM
Sin1UZFE
Racer

You're a 30 year-old boomer because you complain about people who own these cars today. Stock cars are boring- if you don't do anything cool to an old car, why even have it? You look no different from the grandpas driving your LS400 on the street. That's the whole point of owning one of these old platforms: for the looks. If you are after performance, why drive a stock 90's tech car- you should be driving a modern BMW sport sedan.

Decades have past. There are new parts being developed for these cars everyday. Donut Media and FitmentIndustries just shed new light on these ancient cars. A breathe of fresh air. If you aren't taking advantage, you are already behind.

That car eww, you are perfectly welcome to mess up your own car how you want. Also this isn't Facebook please do not insult fellow members and no not a boomer.

I grew out of that phase of modding cars cuz it looks cool or getting more power etc. But you continue to do you though
Old 04-17-20, 04:52 PM
heyTony
Rookie

That car eww, you are perfectly welcome to mess up your own car how you want. Also this isn't Facebook please do not insult fellow members and no not a boomer.

I grew out of that phase of modding cars cuz it looks cool or getting more power etc. But you continue to do you though
You are a boomer though, no one uses Facebook these days lol- its a changed joking terminology for people who refuse to accept change or are not interested in the culture of today. The cars are just an example, I personally do not lower my modified cars like that- but his are on bags and are purely for show on photos or car shows.

But yeah, we can't change the current course of car enthusiasts today. With the advent of these Youtube channels exposing these cars, there will be less and less that actually appreciate the technology behind these platforms. Personally, I embrace it because I am part of their generation: I understand Japanese car styling as well- even though it doesn't translate here in the USA. I've been to Japan, their style doesn't mesh well here:

Old 04-17-20, 06:45 PM
Sin1UZFE
Racer

You are a boomer though, no one uses Facebook these days lol- its a changed joking terminology for people who refuse to accept change or are not interested in the culture of today. The cars are just an example, I personally do not lower my modified cars like that- but his are on bags and are purely for show on photos or car shows.

But yeah, we can't change the current course of car enthusiasts today. With the advent of these Youtube channels exposing these cars, there will be less and less that actually appreciate the technology behind these platforms. Personally, I embrace it because I am part of their generation: I understand Japanese car styling as well- even though it doesn't translate here in the USA. I've been to Japan, their style doesn't mesh well here:

Not a boomer bud, learn to use that phrase correctly. I'm keeping my car stock. Ruin yours if you want.

Last edited by Sin1UZFE; 04-17-20 at 06:53 PM.
Old 04-17-20, 11:36 PM
JohnAndic
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

I like em stock I like em as crazy as hell. But with stock MINT examples going for $7,700 and $10,250USD!!! How can one deny these car's are worth keeping stock? Over the next year I hope to my 98 sorted and modded out nice because its in good shape but not MINT. MINT examples are worth keeping stock. You will only devalue it at this point.
The following users liked this post:
Sin1UZFE (04-18-20)
Old 04-18-20, 02:20 AM
Stroock639
Lexus Test Driver

Boomers hahaha your age shows. The car's ancient, that's why the new generation of enthusiasts are enjoying it now. It's been more than two decades since last-generation LS400 if you guys forgot.

lol comparing the pinnacle of automotive engineering to a maserati... there's a reason maserati has been bankrupt like 20 times and has had to resort to selling a boring crossover

also i have a mercedes, an actual proper benz too not just something with a star on the hood, and the LS with 75,000 more miles on it is still the smoother more luxurious car, with a much better sound system lol

i'd rather get my enjoyment from the blissful serenity and effortless triple digit speed cruising, i don't need the biggest thrill of my day be when i pull into a parking lot and rip off the bumper

generally i don't disagree with you, most cars are just meaningless transportation and who could care less what's done to them, but the LS 400 is a genuine opus moment in automotive history likely never to be repeated, it's one of the few cars i think has earned the right to be left just as the brilliant and dedicated engineers intended
The following 4 users liked this post by Stroock639:
jaaa (04-18-20), philmstar (08-27-20), sha4000 (04-19-20), Sin1UZFE (04-18-20)