LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Who has the lowest mileage LS400?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-21, 06:43 AM
deanshark
Pole Position

Received 313 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Superfast1
My oldest son loves the car so I gave it to him. He also baby it .
I'm sure there's some members that are thinking; "Damn, I wish you were my dad"
It's nice to see one in such beautiful condition. I've been looking for a newer one for a while now but these are getting so hard to find, in decent shape. Plus, used car prices are outrageous now, people think they have gold. I've even been thinking of driving to Florida (1200 miles) or flying to California (from Connecticut) if there was a good one available.
Old 08-06-21, 12:29 PM
Superfast1
Advanced

Received 120 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by nickpls400
Oh nice! Grey interior is a RARE one and highly desirable. Looks to be in GREAT condition. I hope it is garage kept though.
Yes, definitely. It's a garage queen. I've considered myself a true diehard fan of the LS400's as I love everything about it when it was 1st rolled out in 1990. I bought my 97 when it was a year old & still have it to this day. Now at 260K miles, she still drives like a new car, however the front seat's & armrest's leather has finally showed its age so I used the seat covers & re-wrapped the armrest. I'm happy with the result (see attached pics)

The following users liked this post:
bubblecoup (08-27-21)
Old 08-06-21, 12:46 PM
Superfast1
Advanced

Originally Posted by deanshark
I'm sure there's some members that are thinking; "Damn, I wish you were my dad"
It's nice to see one in such beautiful condition. I've been looking for a newer one for a while now but these are getting so hard to find, in decent shape. Plus, used car prices are outrageous now, people think they have gold. I've even been thinking of driving to Florida (1200 miles) or flying to California (from Connecticut) if there was a good one available.
Thanks Dean. Yeah, my kids are very lucky & I sure hope they appreciate everything that I've done for them all these years. Anyway, in regards to find an LS400 in a pristine condition, it's getting much harder & harder but it's still out there so don't give up. The LS400 is truly a classic & a fine automobile so I'd love to see the younger generations appreciate & take better care of it.
Old 08-06-21, 08:28 PM
deanshark
Pole Position

Received 313 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Superfast1
The LS400 is truly a classic & a fine automobile so I'd love to see the younger generations appreciate & take better care of it.
I also like seeing the youngsters fixing up a nice LS400. But sadly most that I see around look like that Mercedes across the street from you, including mine now.
I'm impressed the way both of yours look. That's what I need cuz after my injury I just don't have the strength to do most of any work myself. I shoulda taken care of my health like I did my cars 20-30 years ago, maybe things would be different. Oh well, I'm getting off track.
Unfortunately most kids nowadays don't appreciate a nice classic, full size luxury vehicle. They're more into the smaller, sportier junk. But, when we were younger we had a different style then our parents too. Those were the good 'ol days.
Oh, and that armrest, it looks awesome. Good job.
bubblecoup (08-27-21)
Old 08-07-21, 07:40 AM
Superfast1
Advanced

Originally Posted by deanshark
I also like seeing the youngsters fixing up a nice LS400. But sadly most that I see around look like that Mercedes across the street from you, including mine now.
I'm impressed the way both of yours look. That's what I need cuz after my injury I just don't have the strength to do most of any work myself. I shoulda taken care of my health like I did my cars 20-30 years ago, maybe things would be different. Oh well, I'm getting off track.
Unfortunately most kids nowadays don't appreciate a nice classic, full size luxury vehicle. They're more into the smaller, sportier junk. But, when we were younger we had a different style then our parents too. Those were the good 'ol days.
Oh, and that armrest, it looks awesome. Good job.
Very observing. Yes, every time I looked at that old Mercedes-Benz across the street, it makes me cringe. The owner is an old & sloppy lady as it once was a brand new & a nice little car. She's the type of person that doesn't know how to appreciate & just drive it to the ground. I'm surprised it still last this long.

In regards to your health, glad to see that you recognized your current situation as some people never do & most importantly, it's not too late to turn it around. Start by pushing yourself a little bit at a time & don't ever give up. Set short-term & long-term goals to help you stay focus & before you know it, you'll get there. Good luck to you & family.
bubblecoup (08-27-21)
Old 08-13-21, 11:34 AM
Superfast1
Advanced

Just got my 97 LS400 smog checked & it passed with flying colors (see attached). Even after 24 years, she still drives like a brand new car which is very impressive, that's why I love & cherish her. I've replaced the spark plugs, spark plug wires, rotors & caps a couple years ago, however the ignition coils are still OG so eventually, I'll replace them as well. This will improve the Hydro Carbon (HC) emissions.

Old 09-20-21, 03:02 PM
Russell1st
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nickpls400
Who has the lowest mileage LS400?

Please post: year, mileage, accident history, mods (if any) and pics if possible.
I bought Friday, a 1992 Lexus LS400 with 39,865 miles. Drove it about 1,200 miles Fri-Sunday, drives like a dream. Looks brand new.
Old 09-21-21, 05:52 AM
soicyjp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AandSC
It gets a full fluid service every 5K miles (oil, filter, tranny drain and flush, brake fluid flush, power steering fluid refresh). Coolant and timing belt/water pump at 45K, just did motor mounts, tranny mount around 55K and new strut rods around 55-60K. That’s it. Most dependable, least expensive car to maintain ever.
How much do you usually pay for a whole fluid service like that? I have a 99 with a 137k on it and been thinking about doing this.