LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Questions about factory subwoofer radio harness

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-20, 06:48 PM
MrWrench
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Questions about factory subwoofer radio harness

Hey everyone, I have a 1991 Celsior with a factory subwoofer. I am looking to replace it with a decent aftermarket radio with bluetooth. I have heard that there is a harness available that keeps the factory subwoofer working.

Is there a harness available that has this connector somewhere I could purchase? I really want to keep my car as factory as possible, but unfortunately my factory radio is seemingly dead and doesn't put out any quality sound. It's only static and distortion.

I may also be interested in purchasing a factory Celsior or LS400 that would work for my car if anyone has a clean and functioning radio.

Thanks everyone in advance!
Old 07-14-20, 09:55 PM
Yamae

Received 892 Likes on 673 Posts

The company Beatsonic used to sell an adapter SLA-20 for your purpose but it was discontinued long time ago in Japan.
Old 07-15-20, 05:43 AM
MrWrench
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Yamae
The company Beatsonic used to sell an adapter SLA-20 for your purpose but it was discontinued long time ago in Japan.
Hmm, I suppose they're extremely difficult to find then.
Did the american version of these cars happen to have a similar harness or one I could modify to make work?

Thank you so much!
Old 07-15-20, 07:33 AM
Yamae

Received 892 Likes on 673 Posts

Originally Posted by MrWrench
Hmm, I suppose they're extremely difficult to find then.
Did the american version of these cars happen to have a similar harness or one I could modify to make work?

Thank you so much!
I can not guarantee but the American version will probably work on Celsior. Since the Pioneer audio system is almost the same except the radio. A Celsior's AM radio has the frequency step 9kHz and the FM band frequency is from 76 to 90 MHz. Also the pre-emphasis is different. You probably have a problem catching radio stations.
Old 07-16-20, 05:35 AM
MrWrench
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Yamae
I can not guarantee but the American version will probably work on Celsior. Since the Pioneer audio system is almost the same except the radio. A Celsior's AM radio has the frequency step 9kHz and the FM band frequency is from 76 to 90 MHz. Also the pre-emphasis is different. You probably have a problem catching radio stations.
i found a handful for sale for roughly $300 on google. Seems like a lot, but that's the nature of these kinda of things.

I'm not concerned about radio stations. Just really hope the harness is the same. I think I'll rip my radio out and get a picture of the harness and see if it'll fit. That one claims to be for the LS400 which I would assume had the factory subwoofer too? Thanks again! I appreciate your help.