LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

94 ls400 cruise control reinstall

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-21, 06:34 PM
papifritas
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 94 ls400 cruise control reinstall

hey everyone hope all is well and that your cars are running smooth! looking for help with putting my cruise control back into action after removing oem steering wheel and clock spring. i installed an nrg quick release wheel and bought a dnd automotive bracket that allows for the cruise control to be mounted back on the hub. with no clock spring the 2 connectors that are left (oem horn harness that also has cruise control wiring: black, green,white, brown, orange, grey...and oem harness that was plugged into clock spring from the oem wheel) are both female...i figured i could snip the wires free and connect them directly to get the horn and cruise control going again. horn works fine but cruise control is not working. used a multimeter and the white wire does have power so im confused as to why the cruise light is not turning on when i press the on/off button. All wires are connected to their original mate from what i wrote down. i checked the fuses (1,3,9 and 16 in the kick panel fuse box and all are fine)....i know there is a cruise control ecu but i don’t know how to check if there is an issue there. seems like i have power and i grounded the grey and green wires which were grounded originally from what i recall. any ideas on how to troubleshoot would be greatly appreciated!!! taking a road trip soon and would love to have cruise working!!!!!! cheers thanks for reading if you made it this far!!!