LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Airbag connectors do not match, 2000 LS400

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-21, 05:53 PM
Wristcry
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Airbag connectors do not match, 2000 LS400

I recently bought a 2000 LS, it came with an aftermarket steering wheel on it and i want to swap a stock wheel back on. I picked up a 98-00 wheel from a yard near me that came with an airbag, and also ordered just an airbag online before i new i was getting the wheel. Both are exactly the same, but neither one has the same airbag adapter that is coming from the steering column. I just dont understand whats going on, unless one of the previous owners had rewired a whole different steering wheel harness in? Now, i have found an adapter while reading some threads, part # 09082-00760. This seems like it should work on both ends. Another thing, the steering wheel has a connector at the top that i do not see match up to any connector coming from the car. Hopefully someone can help me find what that is for or if it is even neccesary.

Connectors coming from the steering column

Airbag connector from the new wheel

Unknown connector from the new wheel
Am i missing something here? I feel like im going insane. Ill attach some pictures so you all can see exactly what i mean, and hopefully either someone has ran into this problem before, or someone will tell me how much of an idiot i have been. Thanks
The following users liked this post:
rwdlev (02-27-24)