LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

LS400 Interior Trunk Release, Interior Gas Release

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-22, 06:58 PM
wsg
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS400 Interior Trunk Release, Interior Gas Release

Neither of the releases are working on my car, as well as power seats and powered locks, I can hear the circuit breaker clicking if I use the release, but nothing happens as far as a release. I've replaced the circuit breaker that belongs to those particular items but no dice. Any thoughts, 1994.

Last edited by wsg; 11-03-22 at 07:01 PM.
Old 11-04-22, 11:48 PM
Arsenii
Pole Position

Received 808 Likes on 679 Posts

Hello,

How did the issue appear?
Which particular fuse did you replace to diagnose the issue?

Make sure that the trunk and fuel lid switches are unlocked with the key.

If you hear a solid relay click when you try to open the fuel lid, there may be a chance that a door itself is either jammed or the release spring snapped, preventing it from opening when you flip the switch. The tab in the trunk is linked directly to the lid lock, if that doesn't do anything, then there is a problem with a door itself, not the electrical circuit.

As for the seats, listen for a click when you try to adjust them, if it is present, the seats are likely powered but jammed, try pressing a switch while also pushing the seat to aid it. If there is not click, check ALL the fuses in the car to be sure.

Hope this helps and best of luck!
Old 11-06-22, 08:30 AM
wsg
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Arsenii
Hello,

How did the issue appear?
Which particular fuse did you replace to diagnose the issue?

Make sure that the trunk and fuel lid switches are unlocked with the key.

If you hear a solid relay click when you try to open the fuel lid, there may be a chance that a door itself is either jammed or the release spring snapped, preventing it from opening when you flip the switch. The tab in the trunk is linked directly to the lid lock, if that doesn't do anything, then there is a problem with a door itself, not the electrical circuit.

As for the seats, listen for a click when you try to adjust them, if it is present, the seats are likely powered but jammed, try pressing a switch while also pushing the seat to aid it. If there is not click, check ALL the fuses in the car to be sure.

Hope this helps and best of luck!
The issue came when I bought the car so I'm not sure what led up to it.
Circuit Breaker #31, replaced with identical CB's I bought off of ebay and switched out with CB #30, 30 works but not 31

Yep they're unlocked

I'll take a look at these things but what specifically can I look for.

No click whatsoever when trying to adjust seats, will check fuses later today after work

Thanks this is a real head scratcher here