LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Need help car won't start after getting rebuilt ECU

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-22, 01:31 PM
yukinon
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Need help car won't start after getting rebuilt ECU

hi im new here and im not sure if my previous post has posted yet, not sure where to check for pending posts. SO sorry if this is posted twice, it will not be exactly the same though lol.

I just recently got my rebuilt ecu from Joshua from Relentless Motorsports and I'm having some issues with my car not starting at all. Once I put the key in and put it into accessory mode, the car just has a long beeping that does not stop, ABS light is on and VSC too. none of the other lights illuminate like the CEL, traction control, and the actual VSC off light, it tells me the VSC is off on the warning tab. The car doesn't crank at all, only thing that happens when I try to turn it on is the climate control lights turn off and come back on, all the other lights stay on. Maybe it's an immobilizer issue, I did see a post with what i'm assuming is my ECU(has the same numbers in the post as mine) saying "I can remove IMO off them now as well as update the hardware as the oe hardware has met its lifespan." maybe IMO is immobilizer? Also the security light isn't blinking at all, but I do know that all of my gauge cluster bulbs and the security light worked before I sent it out. My keyfob does work though, I can lock and unlock the doors, but i doubt that means anything. But just yesterday I went to try it again and now I'm hearing clicking coming from the fuse box in the engine bay, I can also physically feel the clicking if I put my fingers on it. Josh did tell me to check the fuses on them and to send the ecu back, which hopefully he will be able to look at the ECU ASAP, my car has been sitting for close to a month at a walmart parking lot, but I think im just gonna get it towed to my house at this point. This car is completely bone stock also.

Has anyone else ever had this issue after receiving a rebuilt ECU? Apparently he's never seen these issues before, which sucks because I did spend a good amount of money to get it rebuilt, I've heard good things about him though.
Old 11-28-22, 09:56 AM
as99east
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I am very new here but my suggestion would be to work through him and not around him unless / until you hit a brick wall. My understanding is he guarantees his work. I think he will either need to fix it or supply another. I know how frustrating it is to have your car just sitting but I think you just need to treat it as his issue, not yours, for now, if he is in the process of trying to remedy the issue. And give him an opportunity to do that and I honestly don’t know how helpful it is going to be to your cause to post in the forums about it, for now. Just my two cents.
The following users liked this post:
yukinon (11-28-22)