LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

HELP Memory, Door Buttons, Windows

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-22, 11:14 PM
kendasOnly
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP Memory, Door Buttons, Windows

Car is a 1998 Ls400

I was driving this morning and noticed water leaking from the passenger side dome light on the middle overhead unit, I dried it best I could and figured it must be a minor leak but a few hours later I started the car and my AC buttons were greyed out, I could not press them and the physical ones did nothing either. Later on, the Ac fixed itself somehow but now I have all the issues listed below.

1. Mirrors don't move (auto tilt or manual pwr)
2. Door locks don't work
3. Only the driver window functions
4. Remote doesn't lock or unlock car (trunk still opens with remote)
5. Memory seats don't work
6. Steering wheel doesn't automatically adjust (manual does)
7. Driver side seatbelt height adjuster doesn't work. (passenger works)
8. 1 touch function for sunroof does not work (must keep button depressed to open fully like 1st gens)
9. Dome light doesn't come on when door is open (switch is on "DOOR". Light functions on "ON")

I have the same issue outlined here (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...on-t-work.html) and I have scoured all of the other related posts/threads I can find.

My passenger floor was indeed wet but I could not tell where the water had travelled from. The kicker panel wires on the passenger side did have moisture so I took them off, used compressed air, and wiped off and put back. Car still has the same problems so I decided to "let it dry". Perhaps I can order a new MPX computer but Im worried if the wires could have got damaged from the water? I appreciate any help

Last edited by kendasOnly; 12-12-22 at 11:19 PM. Reason: car info
Old 12-13-22, 12:45 AM
400fanboy
Racer

Received 423 Likes on 330 Posts

If the passenger floor was wet, but there is no obvious water dripping... is there water running down on the inside of the interior panels? Through the doors or pillars? Is the sunroof leaking? Are the seals on the doors good?

Sounds like the body control computer is experiencing problems. It controls the doors, wireless keys, etc. But there is not much that can be done if there is a unknown leak and a potential for unknown water just sitting somewhere. Step one is to stop the leak IMO. Then you might have to troubleshoot the computer (no idea how), or even just start tracing down all the wires if there is potential corrosion if this has been an issue for a long period of time? I'm not sure.

Best of luck.