LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Mark Levinson Radio Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-23, 08:53 AM
Dogsrule
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just posted this on another thread. Not sure entirely if this will help you but this is what I am currently looking into. This is the response and link I received from Phoenix Automotive?

We only have universal unit that can compatible with your car, and here is the link, we can provide the specific bezel and the cables instead of universal cables, but need to pay more $54,
https://phoenixautomotiveinc.com/col...a400c68e&_ss=r

Not sure if I will go this route yet or not but I do know someone that uses it on a tundra and loves it. They tell me everything works now just on the digital screen. Could be pricey though.
Old 08-16-23, 01:06 PM
JaySco
Intermediate

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Dogsrule
I just posted this on another thread. Not sure entirely if this will help you but this is what I am currently looking into…
I don’t see anywhere in the description about working with the climate controls. It’s just a radio replacement with a few additional functions. There’s already ways to just replace the radio. OP was asking about a do-it-all replacement.
Old 08-16-23, 01:12 PM
Dogsrule
6th Gear

Smile

Originally Posted by JaySco
I don’t see anywhere in the description about working with the climate controls. It’s just a radio replacement with a few additional functions. There’s already ways to just replace the radio. OP was asking about a do-it-all replacement.
Completly agree with that. That is a major concern for me as well. I am waiting currently on an answer from them for that feature. I have seen the one work within the Toyota Tundra and you could control the climate on that one so am keeping fingers crossed.
Old 08-16-23, 07:28 PM
JaySco
Intermediate

Well keep us posted. I’ve already replaced the radio but I’m always on the lookout to modernize the top screen used for other functions.
The following users liked this post:
Dogsrule (08-17-23)
Old 08-17-23, 02:06 PM
Hawk443
Driver School Candidate

I’m pretty sure it’s been looked into and deemed not feasible. The entire harness and all the connections are different. On the 2nd gen GS you can but not on the LS.
Thanks. I’m sure someone had already thought of that….
Old 08-17-23, 03:05 PM
Dogsrule
6th Gear

Well keep us posted. I’ve already replaced the radio but I’m always on the lookout to modernize the top screen used for other functions.
I am at the point of needing to change a bunch of the speakers and no one likes the stock radio system of course. About the do the Air Suspension conversion this weekend so I will have the back seat out anyways. May I ask you which radio system you went with and if you have had to change or fix any of the back speakers? Trying to get a sense from folks what has worked well for them.
Old 08-18-23, 12:09 AM
JaySco
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dogsrule
I am at the point of needing to change a bunch of the speakers and no one likes the stock radio system of course. About the do the Air Suspension conversion this weekend so I will have the back seat out anyways. May I ask you which radio system you went with and if you have had to change or fix any of the back speakers? Trying to get a sense from folks what has worked well for them.
I have a little write up of the whole system HERE .
And a deeper look at the final sub box HERE .
Hope it helps.
Old 08-18-23, 12:15 AM
Dogsrule
6th Gear

Hope it helps.
Wow, that is great. Will take an in depth look at that. Appreciate that greatly.
Old 08-19-23, 04:36 PM
as99east
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey guys, I hope you don’t mind me jumping in on this thread. I am getting a 2001 non-NAV LS430 delivered Monday that has the Mark Levinson system. This will be my first 430. Can you point me to any good threads about replacing the head unit with something more modern if you are one of the non-NAV models? Or just getting a good aux or Bluetooth input? I am coming from a 1995 LS400 which I still have and I feel like with the audio system on the 430 I am getting into a whole saga and I have read some of the threads on amp going out, speaker phone deteriorating. Overall though should I have an easier time if I’m non-NAV?
Old 08-19-23, 10:06 PM
Karasu
1st Gear

Hope it helps.
Super happy to see a recent build for an audio system on these forums, you have the ML w/nav system correct? Post install do your climate controls and everything in the nav unit still work? I'm looking into a similar build to yours and I want to make sure I retain the original functionality.
Old 08-19-23, 11:37 PM
JaySco
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Karasu
Super happy to see a recent build for an audio system on these forums, you have the ML w/nav system correct? Post install do your climate controls and everything in the nav unit still work? I'm looking into a similar build to yours and I want to make sure I retain the original functionality.
Everything controlled within the factory nav unit is still 100% functional. Yes, ML w/nav