Trouble with Android install.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-24, 06:22 AM
CorbetJaxkson50
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble with Android install.

06 Mark Levinson with Nav:
Main problem. Factory radio (with cassette deck) will cut in and out and cut off completely. This sometimes happens right away sometimes it takes a while. It seems that the head unit and the factory amp both are possibly powering the speakers. The steering control volume will turn up the android unit and the volume **** on the factory radio turns up the factory amp. It however doesn’t matter the volume or if music is even playing at all for it to cut in and out. The android display does not cut in and out only the factory radio. When illuminated the seek, tune, buttons will go out until powered back on.

issue 2: which may or may not be related is HVAC controls not working. I think they were at one point but at this point I have done a lot to try and fix the other issue.

Any ideas where to start.
Old 03-17-24, 07:00 AM
alextv
Instructor

Received 176 Likes on 155 Posts

First need to know what you are trying to install here and if it came with a canbus
Old 03-17-24, 08:08 AM
CorbetJaxkson50
Rookie

Originally Posted by alextv
First need to know what you are trying to install here and if it came with a canbus
. I bought it 2nd hand but it was new never installed. It did come with canbus.

Old 03-17-24, 10:24 AM
alextv
Instructor

Great...Very similar to what I have but mine is a 2001 with slightly different hook up but think all used the Y connector. Go into canbus settings and make sure set up for your car.
Old 03-17-24, 10:31 AM
CorbetJaxkson50
Rookie

Great...Very similar to what I have but mine is a 2001 with slightly different hook up but think all used the Y connector. Go into canbus settings and make sure set up for your car.
LS 430 isn’t listed so I have it as this which was recommended by many in FB group.

Old 03-17-24, 02:53 PM
alextv
Instructor

Are you sure the can bus type is LZ? There are different selections for each type but the type has to be correct and one of those in there for Toyota should work. Mine is Toyota Crown with different type. Is LZ written on the canbus and also does it update when connected to internet? It does not hurt to try them all even the LS460 low but generally have to choose high. Also try disconnecting all power (battery) to reset to see if works. I do remember something with the 2004-2006 not to hook up a connector or AC would not work. For mine the Y was only hook up to car from unit. Also make sure plugs in back of unit are pushed in all the way.
Old 03-17-24, 03:14 PM
CorbetJaxkson50
Rookie

Are you sure the can bus type is LZ? There are different selections for each type but the type has to be correct and one of those in there for Toyota should work. Mine is Toyota Crown with different type. Is LZ written on the canbus and also does it update when connected to internet? It does not hurt to try them all even the LS460 low but generally have to choose high. Also try disconnecting all power (battery) to reset to see if works. I do remember something with the 2004-2006 not to hook up a connector or AC would not work. For mine the Y was only hook up to car from unit. Also make sure plugs in back of unit are pushed in all the way.
ill have to look at the canbus and see. It came with zero instructions. The air was working from the factor temp switches but now its not even doing that 😩
Old 03-17-24, 04:11 PM
CorbetJaxkson50
Rookie

Originally Posted by CorbetJaxkson50
ill have to look at the canbus and see. It came with zero instructions. The air was working from the factor temp switches but now its not even doing that 😩

Old 03-18-24, 06:38 AM
alextv
Instructor

Ok by researching it looks like it is LZ type. When you first went to the canbus screen did it show LZ and do you remember what car was initially? Also both ends of my canbus have connectors connected so do you have both hooked up? None of these units come with instructions.
Old 03-18-24, 07:24 AM
CorbetJaxkson50
Rookie

Ok by researching it looks like it is LZ type. When you first went to the canbus screen did it show LZ and do you remember what car was initially? Also both ends of my canbus have connectors connected so do you have both hooked up? None of these units come with instructions.
I believe it was set up as a LS460 high, but I cannot remember tbh. I only have one side of the canbus decoder plugged up but no other plugs fit the other side. I have not downloaded or updated anything. Should I? Also when changing canbus setting do these go into effect right away or do I need to power off the unit pre the car?
Old 03-18-24, 07:50 AM
alextv
Instructor

By above picture it is not showing LS460 High just Low. If you remember the 460 then try it also. The type of LZ must be right because it was there at first. Make sure connected to internet and change car under Toyota and after pressing ok or apply it should contact the LZ server and download new mcu data and new AC and original car app. Each one of these cars have a different app with different look and work different. The reason side temp buttons probably don't work now is because changed car with different mcu and apps. I totally understand not remembering how initially set up as you tried different things getting audio to work properly. For audio don't have the oem volume control or unit set to high. When you changed cars does the AC screen look any different? Also for your 2006 do you have all connectors that will fit connected? As I remember for the 2004-2006 year not to hook all up to the top connectors or AC would not work. My unit reboots after updating in applying new settings. It could be all data is stored in the canbus when changing cars but system has to update when changed. Mine is not on canbus and uses there server to download

Last edited by alextv; 03-18-24 at 07:54 AM.
Old 03-18-24, 08:20 AM
CorbetJaxkson50
Rookie

By above picture it is not showing LS460 High just Low. If you remember the 460 then try it also. The type of LZ must be right because it was there at first. Make sure connected to internet and change car under Toyota and after pressing ok or apply it should contact the LZ server and download new mcu data and new AC and original car app. Each one of these cars have a different app with different look and work different. The reason side temp buttons probably don't work now is because changed car with different mcu and apps. I totally understand not remembering how initially set up as you tried different things getting audio to work properly. For audio don't have the oem volume control or unit set to high. When you changed cars does the AC screen look any different? Also for your 2006 do you have all connectors that will fit connected? As I remember for the 2004-2006 year not to hook all up to the top connectors or AC would not work. My unit reboots after updating in applying new settings. It could be all data is stored in the canbus when changing cars but system has to update when changed. Mine is not on canbus and uses there server to download
Thanks for your help. didn’t connect to the internet nor would it reboot after changing canbus settings. The hvac control screen would change though. There is one connection that hooks up up top it’s only two wires. I did not notice any difference when I tried with it unhooked. As far as audio goes it really doesn’t matter where the volume **** is it can be all the way down and still cut out and turn off. At night I can watch it happen as the seek, channel, and tune lights will go out when it happens.

Old 03-18-24, 08:38 AM
alextv
Instructor

Ok did you hook up an external antenna for the unit radio? The ML tuner and antenna in trunk should work for oem radio and that antenna is still plugged in right? Sounds like you are loosing the signal for oem radio. For mine I use the unit radio with external antenna because I like the interface better. The external antenna wire was very easy to install running wire over top driver moldings to top of back glass. Your can bus must have the software built in so just try different cars under Toyota to get AC back working.
Old 03-18-24, 09:15 AM
CorbetJaxkson50
Rookie

Ok did you hook up an external antenna for the unit radio? The ML tuner and antenna in trunk should work for oem radio and that antenna is still plugged in right? Sounds like you are loosing the signal for oem radio. For mine I use the unit radio with external antenna because I like the interface better. The external antenna wire was very easy to install running wire over top driver moldings to top of back glass. Your can bus must have the software built in so just try different cars under Toyota to get AC back working.
Actually I did not find an antenna wire in the dash. I did however find a box in the passenger kick panel that had two antenna wires running all the way to the back. It was some sort of aftermarket Bluetooth device. I yanked all that out minus the two long antenna cables that are running to the rear. You may be on to something here. I will note the audio I’m losing is from car play via my phone but there is no change when it’s just static from the FM tuner.
Old 03-18-24, 09:58 AM
alextv
Instructor

Ok..Thought it was factory radio that was loosing audio. Also look at ML tuner and make sure antenna is plugged in and still routing up to antenna in rear windshield. My unit also has wireless car play and AA but don't use it because everything is there on tablet. Unit radio works perfect with $6 external stick on antenna. No telling what previous owner did

Quick Reply: Trouble with Android install.