LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

HELP!! SPILLED OIL ALL over rear seat CARPETS

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-24, 06:45 PM
abdullahbaig
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HELP!! SPILLED OIL ALL over rear seat CARPETS

I was carrying engine oil in the rear seats for a friend and when I drove the car it fell and spilt all over the rear Seat floor. The floor matt, and the Floor board carpets were covered in oil. Just had it cleaned up by a detailer.

It was approximately 4 quarts of oil

But I just opened up the Floor AC vent and there is oil underneath it. Basically there is oil in the Floorboard, the air vent doesn't have too much inside, but underneath it where the floorboard is, that's where a lot of it is. What should I do? And is it bad?
I have attached a picture of the oil underneath the air vent. I think the oil seeped through the outer floor air vent housing.

Old 06-11-24, 07:40 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,824 Likes on 2,388 Posts

Seats and carpet need to be removed from the car there will be oil under the carpet.
Old 06-11-24, 07:41 PM
dwoods801
Instructor

Received 242 Likes on 199 Posts

Better start by removing the seats on the side of the vehicle with the oil spill. So you can fold the carpet back. Then get some degreaser from Walmart, something like Purple Power or Simple Green, also get a bottle of Dawn dish soap, and a couple cans of chlorine free Brake Cleaner, some type of sponge and a scrub brush, and a few roles of those blue paper towels. then head to your favorite carwash. You want to start by wiping up any of the oil puddles first, use the blue shop towels then start soaking the carpet with the degreaser before spraying them with the car wash sprayer, try not get the whole interior to wet but u need to get enough water on the degreaser to help it brake down the oil. After spraying the oil spots, use their vacuum to suck up as much of the water as possible. If it’s still really oily, you’ll have to repeat the last few steps. Once it seems like the oil and water is gone, u can use some more towels to wipe everything down. The brake cleaner is like instant oil remover. Anything that you miss, u can spray with brake cleaner and then wipe up the residue. Once your satisfied with the oil removal, leave the windows open and leave it out in the sun for a few days to dry. If it’s really bad, a step further would be to remove the carpet, and clean it separately from the vehicle. Good luck
Old 06-12-24, 10:03 AM
weldthedif
Advanced

Received 128 Likes on 100 Posts

pull the carpet out. get/ borrow / rent a pressure washer , douse the carpet with oil dissolver and hit it with the pressure washer.