LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

New OEM floor mats?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-24 | 08:49 PM
funcrusher
Racer

Default New OEM floor mats?

I was ready to order a set today but I can’t find Cashmere anywhere. Other colors are still available, but no Cashmere! Checked eBay and a few OEM parts sites. Does anyone know where else I can get them? I plan on calling dealers this week but I doubt they’ll have any

I know the original versions are a little thicker and better, but mine are in rough shape
Old 07-17-24 | 08:19 AM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Years ago I ordered OEM mats from dealer. When they came in I rejected them and kept my originals which I still have. The replacements are OEM but subpar quality.
Old 07-17-24 | 08:33 AM
slightreturn
Driver

Agree completely. Mine are black, but anyway, I thought new floormats would look cool so I picked up a set at the dealer. Comparing them to the originals, well, there's no comparison. The originals are thick, heavy duty, and beautifully embroidered. The replacement set is sitting in my basement ... so much lower quality that I'll probably just throw them out.

Originally Posted by Bocatrip
Years ago I ordered OEM mats from dealer. When they came in I rejected them and kept my originals which I still have. The replacements are OEM but subpar quality.
Old 07-17-24 | 10:16 AM
Kansas
Lead Lap

When stocks of particular Lexus carpet mats are depleted, they're gone forever. Accessories are the first to go. It happened to me too. If per your profile this is for a 2006 Lexus LS430, there are likely a number of other trim and mechanical parts that are also no longer available. I found that some parts for the Lexus LS cars I've owned were unavailable by the 10 year mark. One part I needed for a 2000 Lexus LS400 phone system was unavailable four years after my car's original in-service date. It was if they destroyed the remaining parts as soon as 4-year warranty for the last car made for the model year expired.

If you need floor mats, maybe one of the custom mat makers can help you, e.g. https://www.lloydmatsstore.com/
Old 07-17-24 | 11:03 AM
funcrusher
Racer

Well, Bell Lexus said they sold their last set in June!!! Called some dealers and they’re all discontinued. The only option I have is to find a detailer to bring mine back to life. They’re the original, thick ones
Old 07-17-24 | 11:26 AM
slightreturn
Driver

Originally Posted by Kansas
When stocks of particular Lexus carpet mats are depleted, they're gone forever. Accessories are the first to go. It happened to me too. If per your profile this is for a 2006 Lexus LS430, there are likely a number of other trim and mechanical parts that are also no longer available. I found that some parts for the Lexus LS cars I've owned were unavailable by the 10 year mark. One part I needed for a 2000 Lexus LS400 phone system was unavailable four years after my car's original in-service date. It was if they destroyed the remaining parts as soon as 4-year warranty for the last car made for the model year expired.

If you need floor mats, maybe one of the custom mat makers can help you, e.g. https://www.lloydmatsstore.com/

It's a real shame, because many of these cars (maybe even most of them) are still in daily use. I haven't been too hard-up to find parts as of yet, but I did have to search long and hard for a couple of things. Oddly, my local Lexus dealer doesn't seem to able get some of the parts that are readily available online. For example, I recently needed a new blower fan, but that part was NLA according to the parts counter. I had to order one from Japan. Same with a front bumper cover. The LS430 is a wonderful car and fully up to the task of being driven hard in 2024, but if parts become unavailable it won't remain a very attractive option. You can of course get aftermarket stuff, but to keep the magic, you really, really, really want to stick with OEM parts in my opinion!

Old 07-17-24 | 12:22 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by slightreturn
It's a real shame, because many of these cars (maybe even most of them) are still in daily use. I haven't been too hard-up to find parts as of yet, but I did have to search long and hard for a couple of things. Oddly, my local Lexus dealer doesn't seem to able get some of the parts that are readily available online. For example, I recently needed a new blower fan, but that part was NLA according to the parts counter. I had to order one from Japan. Same with a front bumper cover. The LS430 is a wonderful car and fully up to the task of being driven hard in 2024, but if parts become unavailable it won't remain a very attractive option. You can of course get aftermarket stuff, but to keep the magic, you really, really, really want to stick with OEM parts in my opinion!
Most parts if not OEM will be found later on to have issues...Examples being: Rotors, brake pads. MAF sensors and most electrical parts including alternator. In general, OEM all the way unless NLA...It's going to happen. Our cars are ancient. Unless another newer Toyota product is using the same part from the "bin", we'll be out of luck.
Old 07-17-24 | 08:32 PM
OrionHunt
Rookie

Lloyd mats, specifically the Luxe mats, are much better than what came with the cars originally (yes, the very original mats which are better than the ones manufactured later). Much softer and plush. After comparing the 2, I threw out the OEM mats. Price for a set is $250. And you can get a variety of colors.
Old 07-17-24 | 10:45 PM
funcrusher
Racer

Originally Posted by OrionHunt
Lloyd mats, specifically the Luxe mats, are much better than what came with the cars originally (yes, the very original mats which are better than the ones manufactured later). Much softer and plush. After comparing the 2, I threw out the OEM mats. Price for a set is $250. And you can get a variety of colors.
Looks good quality but can’t put the Lexus emblem or name on them…do you have a picture of yours? An upholstery shop quoted me $350 to pretty much make an exact copy of the first version originals but making them much softer and thicker. I’m considering it….yes I’m crazy but this isn’t my daily car

Anyone know if the Cashmere mats should be the same exact color as the carpet or the seats? I’m pretty sure mine got switched out for another color because they’re to light
Old 07-18-24 | 02:24 AM
BigBoomer
Instructor

I bought a set of the newer Lexus OEM mats and whilst they are better than the ones they replaced, they are not what I would call Lexus quality.

That said, I recently got to drive a friends LS500h and was singularly unimpressed with it.
Lower build quality pretty much everywhere and given the price not value for money IMO.
Modern cars seem to be full of bling and gadgets, but the quality is awful. Glittery trash!