LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Continental extreme contact dws 06 plus

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-24 | 02:31 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Default Continental extreme contact dws 06 plus

For fear of starting another tire thread.....I'm only going to ask one quick question.....Has anyone tried the Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 Plus on their LS430? Since the Primacy MXM4 Grand Tourer (which I have now) are no longer available...I'm changing brands after 16 years. I really don't want to buy any cheap chinese tires for my car. I've ordered the tires after a fair amount of research....Thanks all.
Old 10-04-24 | 06:18 PM
JaySco
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Bocatrip
For fear of starting another tire thread.....I'm only going to ask one quick question.....Has anyone tried the Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 Plus on their LS430? Since the Primacy MXM4 Grand Tourer (which I have now) are no longer available...I'm changing brands after 16 years. I really don't want to buy any cheap chinese tires for my car. I've ordered the tires after a fair amount of research....Thanks all.
Those are the tires I’m currently running but mine are on larger aftermarket wheels. You say you already ordered them. What exactly are you looking for here, reassurance/validation? I only have a few hundred miles on them, nothing really to report.
The following users liked this post:
XploLexu1 (10-04-24)
Old 10-04-24 | 06:41 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JaySco
Those are the tires I’m currently running but mine are on larger aftermarket wheels. You say you already ordered them. What exactly are you looking for here, reassurance/validation? I only have a few hundred miles on them, nothing really to report.
Yes. I guess so. Regardless, I’ll know myself within a couple of days. Thanks for the feedback and I hope you and I both have good luck with them. Where did you buy them at a retailer or tire rack?
XploLexu1 (10-04-24)
Old 10-04-24 | 06:47 PM
JaySco
Intermediate

I got them through a retailer. I was actually cross shopping General and Yokohama (iirc), these seemed to be way better tires for a very minimal increase in price. Haven’t hit any rain yet but they’re fine dry, I can’t comment on noise either, usually have the stereo turned up.
None of this is really useful I guess but I haven’t had any obvious issues. Hope you’re happy with them.
Bocatrip (10-04-24)
Old 10-06-24 | 11:38 PM
uberfuzz
10th Gear

I've been running the Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 Plus
235/50/17 (2001 LS430) with the factory original Sports Suspension.
I tend to enjoy a quality performance tire that excels in versatility and comfort.
The DWS 06 Plus has a good amount of grip, and the breakaway is progressively communicative.
They perform really well in the wet conditions. Never hydroplaned..
They're a definite mark up from the conservative Michelin Primacy. Yet they are smooth and quiet.
I found after 30k they needed to be replaced. I'm on my 2nd set @ almost 260K miles..
My buddy(75yrs old) has them on his BMW Z3 with 10k and they look new.
I've been happy with the Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 Plus.
I have a good amount of tire experience and knowledge after 39yrs of high performance driving.
Best of luck!
Old 10-07-24 | 07:44 AM
weldthedif
Advanced

I have the Continentals in 245/45/18 on my 2004 LS430, and they are great. Great Grip, great handling. We don't get show here, but they have great grip in rain.
I have about 40k on them, and i think i'll be able to go another 1-2 years, probably another 20k on them before needing new
Old 10-07-24 | 02:31 PM
aypues
Instructor

I just switched to Continental from Pirelli and have been pretty happy with a slightly different model, the Control Contact Tour M A/S, a Discount/America’s Tire exclusive. Very quiet and smooth riding so far after 3k miles driven. H rated on OEM 17’s.
Old 10-07-24 | 04:19 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by uberfuzz
I've been running the Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 Plus
235/50/17 (2001 LS430) with the factory original Sports Suspension.
I tend to enjoy a quality performance tire that excels in versatility and comfort.
The DWS 06 Plus has a good amount of grip, and the breakaway is progressively communicative.
They perform really well in the wet conditions. Never hydroplaned..
They're a definite mark up from the conservative Michelin Primacy. Yet they are smooth and quiet.
I found after 30k they needed to be replaced. I'm on my 2nd set @ almost 260K miles..
My buddy(75yrs old) has them on his BMW Z3 with 10k and they look new.
I've been happy with the Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 Plus.
I have a good amount of tire experience and knowledge after 39yrs of high performance driving.
Best of luck!
. Do you find that at highway speeds you need to correct the steering due to play where adjusting the steering wheel does not immediately straighten car? Play in steering. I don’t have this with my Primacy’s but saw a review ( you tube ) illustrating this with the DSWs.What do you mean by the breakaway is progressively communicative? It lets you know when you are pushing it to hard on a turn or curved road surface?

Last edited by Bocatrip; 10-07-24 at 04:35 PM.
Old Yesterday | 11:39 PM
uberfuzz
10th Gear

1. No issues @ highway speeds.
2. Despite a lack of steering "feel" in the LS430s. The DSWs communicate responsively the amount of grip they have.
Never been surprised and yet when they do break traction, I'm able to modulate with steering input and throttle
application. They're a smooth operator when pushed. The LS430 takes up quite a bit of space on curvy two lane roads, so keep it simple enough..
It has good mature road handling capabilities to aid with it's renown smooth ride. I've replaced pwr steering rack,
and upgraded lower control arms bushings to the ISF bushings. Also did Figs'. LS430 Core Refresh kit.
https://shopfigs.com/v5/by-vehicle/c...3-LS-CAT/G1131