2004 430 Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-04, 02:24 PM
iloveGS300
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: affording ls430

Originally posted by premieralf
I will pick up our new 2004 LS 430 tomorrow and just 2 weeks ago I picked up our new 2004 SC430.
You work hard to get what you want. How could it be any better than 2 news Lexus's.
You are half right. You have to work SMART. Congratulations on your achievements though. Very nice combo.
Old 03-06-04, 02:30 PM
Carpe Diem
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry to break up the flow here but I have a question for you LS430 owners. Why did you choose the LS over the GS?

Thanks,
George
Old 03-06-04, 03:42 PM
LS007
Lead Lap

For people 6 foot or taller it might be for the LS's head and leg room, compared to the GS. This was a major consideration for me @ 6'5".
Old 03-06-04, 08:57 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink I agree videonavi!

I agree with videonavi as far as my reason for buying the LS 430 over the GS model.I just traded my GS with navigation last year for the LS 430 because i wanted more room. The one thing about the GS i didnt like is the legroom. When i had backseat guest i would always have to move my seat up to a position i didnt want to and i'm only 6"ft. The GS models are great looking cars and I belive are maybe lexus' best job design wise. I loved my GS it was a little to small. The ls models 400 or 430, give more leg room with good speed but less sportiness so I guess thats what LS drivers give up if they choose the LS model over the GS model. But in closing all Lexus' RULE!
Old 03-07-04, 07:22 PM
CaptBud330
Driver School Candidate

Airline Pilot getting ready to retire. Always wanted a 430. Got a 2004 Ultra. Black with saddle interior.
Magnificent machine. More gizmos then my Airbus A330
Old 03-08-04, 09:52 AM
MarkMc
Driver School Candidate

I wonder everytime I drive mine how I ended up with such a wonderful car. It is the '04 LS430 UL, with all the gizmos. It is very comfortable, quiet and powerful. This is my first Lexus, I was a mercedes driver until this car. So far I have 3k on this lexus and have loved every minute of it, the only car I see myself upgrading to is a future LS430. Although I am tempted by the Bentley GT.

http://www.bentleygt.com/flash.jsp

I am ordering a SC 430 this week.

33 and single... about to bite the bullet though. ( want children)

VP and COO of succesful company. Worked 7 days a week for years.

If you can't afford the LS430 right now, be determined and you will eventually Make It Happen!
Old 03-08-04, 01:50 PM
EdSpider
Driver School Candidate

Default LS, SC, GS

I would love to have both an LS and an SC, that's just too rich for my blood right now. Congrats to all that can have that luxury.

GS is very nice, but the LS is roomier. No one ever cries shotgun in my LS Ultra. The back seat is more fun than the front.
Old 03-08-04, 04:26 PM
RajaReMax
Driver

MarkMC has a great outlook/philosophy, especially his last statement. I wanted a new LS for many years but new it would happen. Holloween evening 2003, I had to keep looking in the garage to believe it was really in there.

I just polished my Black Sport LS/Grey Leather this weekend and it continues to make me smile in disbelief.
Old 03-11-04, 05:32 AM
drsales
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up How to justify?

I drive about 25-30k / yr. My company gives me a large car allowance plus pays for my gas. This is the only way to make ends meet. I have always felt that I should have a good large car for safety. My 2000 LS 400 does the trick. I always buy used. Usually around 40k miles and drive them to 150k. Works for me!
Old 03-13-04, 02:23 PM
AggieLS
Pole Position

Default '04 Custom or Modern Packages

All you 2004 LS owners I have a question. My '98 GS needs to find a new home and I am ready within 60 days to upgrade to the LS. I don't need or want the Ultra so am trying to decide between Modern and Custom packages -- any opinions from anyone who were in same decision circle and why did you chose one or the other? Also interested in any opinions on the Pre-Collision option.

Last edited by AggieLS; 03-13-04 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-14-04, 06:53 AM
jtparkes
Rookie

Reading through this thread, it is obvious that a bunch of folks here who have late-model LS's feel some guilt about having such an expensive car. If you're feeling quilty, (or trying to make someone else feel guilty...) ask yourself 'why should I NOT own a new Lexus?'.

Clearly, for most people a $55,000 expenditure on a car would be a bad idea, forcing them to cut back dangerously or eliminate their retirement savings, savings for Kids college, donations to charity, spending on family vacation. And, if it takes a big cut in one of these, you should probably think seriously about a less expensive ride. However, if you have, as many do, significant surplus cash, then why shouldn't you have a nice car? If you get in your LS after a hard day at work, and find yourself relaxing as you ride in comfort and elegance, is that a bad thing? No, it is a good thing. For some people, their commute is the only time they have to themselves, when people aren't making demands on them. If you can enjoy it, you have no reason to feel quilty about it.

And, the $55,000 you spend isn't going into a black hole: the craftsmen and women who make the cars, who pound the pannels together, sew the seats together, are supporting families on what you are paying them. If we stopped buying fine cars, a lot of working people in Lexus and Infinity and Lincoln factories would be very unhappy, on their way to the unemployment line

Jeff P.
Old 03-14-04, 05:56 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool jtparkes has class

Man I never thought about my car in the way jtparkes put it. There are people whose job it is to build these cars, and they wouldnt have jobs without our purchases, or another job and there would be less jobs. Man also what he said about how I feel when IM coming in after a ruff day I couldnt have said it better. It is a good feeling when the windows are up the radio is of and its just you in your car. You can really relax and think clear. The fact these cars are so quiet is a big plus. And your right jtparkes if you make enough for it why not you only live once. I am i bit of a tight*** and dont relax enough and have been torturing myself about my LS430 and how much it cost and have put others down for buying 2 or 3 luxury cars at one time. First of all its not my place to tell anyone what they should buy, second I dont know if someone has $100 million or $100 dollars life is to short we cant take it with us so let your fellow man enjoy his or her life how they choose. And if in the past I have offended anyone with talking of GOD and how blessed you and I are for being able to have our cars Im sorry. Religion is something that I shouldnt discuss on this forum it is about cars. In closing let us all enjoy our cars and our wonderful lives, and I hope were all in good health. If your not in good health ill make an exception on leaving religion out and pray for you, and also if your having financial trouble etc ill pray for you.
Old 03-15-04, 06:32 AM
EdSpider
Driver School Candidate

Default Modern or Custom

I chose ultra. If you don't care about laser cruise control, get the modern. I would also check your color choices. Custom limits you to saddle, ecru or black interiors. IMO the saddle is too orange. The ecru is very nice, but too light. It will show age and dirt.

Custom also adds a bit of plushness to the roof liner and other areas. And the power door closers are pretty cool.

I don't think the pre-collision is available, yet. If it is, it would only be available on the custom since it requires cruise control. It replaces the laser cruise with a radar cruise. Once it becomes available, I believe all custom and ultras will just come with it.
Old 03-15-04, 09:57 AM
Phil
Driver

Originally posted by daryll40
Yes, I can relate. I like my cars to be in pristine condition. I guess that's why I bit the bullet when I had a collision with a deer in my '03 and traded it for the '04. In my mind, that car would never have been right. I skimmed a curb in the '04 the other day and have a grind mark on the driver's side rear wheel at the lip where the tire meets it. It's really not noticeable, but it bother's the heck out of me. I'll probably live with it but when I need tires I'll swap the new wheel in the trunk for it...assuming I don't damage another wheel worse first!

Daryll40, having a bad streak with driving lately.
Daryl - I am much like you, my Lexus DOES NOT GET DIRTY. Nor do I allow people to slam the door (no need, they close by themselves), but that is my fetist). As far as the mark on your tire - I have the answer: Go to zaninobros.com (they sell car clean products). Get the Tire Car and treat all your tires to it. It will eliminate the scruff mark - like it did mine, but I won't say if it was my wife or me driving. I hate it when that happens!!! Let me know how it works for you. I am a believer in Zanio and you will be too if you give it a shot.

Phil
Old 03-15-04, 07:45 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 427 Likes on 290 Posts

It's a dead link.

Quick Reply: 2004 430 Owners