LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Is this LS430 deal for REAL?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-04, 06:47 PM
gteach26
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this LS430 deal for REAL?

There are some very agressive deals in my newspaper from one of the Largest Lexus dealers in the U.S. and I'm wondering if you folks in here think the ad is legit or a "bait and switch" type of scam -- here's the deal:

2004 LS430
$589 month (plus tax)
48 months
sign and drive (NO MONEY DUE AT LEASE SIGNING except tax,tag and state fees)

I'm sure they are talking about the base LS but we're still talking 55K msrp here.
Do you think this is legit -- and if not, would a very large Lexus dealer stoop to lowball lease ads in the first place?

Thanks for your input.

Last edited by gteach26; 03-24-04 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-24-04, 06:59 PM
Macromike
Driver School Candidate

If it sounds too good to be true........ You know the rest!
Old 03-24-04, 08:44 PM
eblue
Rookie

highly possible-check whether you can get $727 for 36 months or lower then you're in the ball park of an invoice plus $750 on a base prem pkg
JM lexus of florida competes with longo lexus of el monte, california in selling the largest volume of lexi in the u.s.- reckon you're dealing with JM. i dealt with the one in calif.-by definition they probably sell the cheapest esp when you go via internet sales.
Old 03-24-04, 09:45 PM
AzNhOmie662
Driver School Candidate

OK, heres the deal.

1st thing is never pay at MSRP. Stay close to the dealer invoice and only give them only a 5% profit from the total payment. Trust me they'll survive. If you pay at MSRP your giving them somewhere between $5000 - $7000 profit. Do you really have to pay for there crappy advertising and lights in the show room.

If your going to finance the car finanace it somewhere other than the dealership. I suggest a credit union because they are a little bit more lienient than banks. Car dealerships are always showing these bogus numbers that your going to save all this money but if you do the math it's going to be way expensive. DO YOUR MATH HOMEWORK. Find out your credit score on a lot of websites. This is important because a lot of dealers are going to tell you that you have crappy credit when you don't. Bring the papers with you but don't show them until they ask you to. Anyways you don't have to show them your credit rating because you might be doing this at a credit union.

NEVER GIVE OUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION!!! They'll ask you to see your driver's license for insurance purposes for a test drive, don't fall for this. They will do a credit check behind your back and this is ILLEGAL. If you have to give your license follow the salesman in and make ONE copy of your license and KEEP IT. By law you should never have to give personal information until the final contract.

Also don't buy in to all these destination fees and all this other BS that the dealer gives you. Will the dealer pay for your wear, tear, time, and other things for you coming to the dealership? I don't think so. So why should you. Never buy into this luxury protection spray they do thats suppose to stop rocks from chipping your car. Then they'll tell you something like, "Oh they had to do some $500 preparation fee to get ready to sell the car." This is total BS. They just unwrap and put some stickesr and make sure there isn't any major damage from travel. If you have to pay for some truck to bring your car, check the state delivery rate, it's going to be around $100 to 200 if I remember right.

Look at Consumerguide.com and get a better picture of the dealer invoice and option pricing. There are also many other sites too.

As far as options go, well that can range from $1000 to 10000 depending what you want. So if you feel you don't need some laser detector or some wierd gizmo that you don't use that much, then don't get it.

Be professional when you buy. Don't go in there and start harassing the dealer like he's the ultimate evil. Just don't play there game. There are good people and bad people, and the bad people will have a temper over this.
Old 03-25-04, 07:47 AM
gteach26
Rookie

Thanks for the replies...

You are right about it being JM in fla... I won't be in the market 'till December but if they're offering such sweet deals now I wonder what'll be around for "december to remember" when I'll be shopping.

Once it comes closer to deal time I'll get serious with cap cost, money factors, residuals, etc... I just wanted to see if a sign and drive $589/48 month lease was possible on the base LS.

I'll be wanting the modern lux version for a few more grand but at these lease prices the 48 month deals fit very nicely into my monthly car budget.

Anyone out there with an 04 LS paying less than 600 bucks per months for 48 months? If so, what were your start-up costs?

Thanks!