LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Motorola V600 and LS430 Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-04 | 09:58 PM
carguyay
Rookie

Question no its my turn help

I got my v600 and I got it to connect using both books, phone and car but when the car asks me to send phone book I don't know what to push on the phone to send it to the car. Can someone direct me.It is late and I gave up for tonight. thanks in advance for any help. I made a call by pushing the bottons on the phone and talking thur the car. A little to much tech for me.

Last edited by carguyay; 05-13-04 at 10:01 PM.
Old 05-14-04 | 07:50 AM
pat.lee
Driver School Candidate

Send Address to the Car:

Open a phonebook entry.
Press the TOP key (menu)
Fins SEND on the selection
Press send

Make sure car console has "start transfer" pressed
Old 05-19-04 | 08:14 PM
carguyay
Rookie

Question not sure

Thanks for the help on transfer. One problem it only transfered one phone number.
Old 05-20-04 | 07:18 AM
pat.lee
Driver School Candidate

Mine too.

You have to do 'em one at a time.
Old 05-20-04 | 08:27 PM
carguyay
Rookie

Thumbs up ok

Ok thanks only 17-18 of them right?
Old 05-21-04 | 02:09 PM
photoman
Driver School Candidate

Default V600 Firmware Version

I am taking delivery of 2 V600's soon. Can anyone tell me what is the phone's firmware version that seems to work correctly?

THANKS
Old 05-21-04 | 10:31 PM
billnls430
Driver School Candidate

Default BT

I have two V600's waiting for me to pick up at Cingular.

The Phone Book transfer, is this a one time thing that you have to just do one at a time? Or is it every time I connect? Is there a good way to identify people's home, work and cell as separate entries?
Old 05-25-04 | 09:48 AM
billnls430
Driver School Candidate

Default Moto V600 works fine

I have two phones with the following information in Phone Status, Other Information -

Flex version = GS9V600CIN02NA11C
S/W Version + TRIPLETS_G_0B.09.2FR

Everything working fine in pairing with 04LS430
Old 05-27-04 | 12:17 PM
billnls430
Driver School Candidate

Default Info from Lexus

I received this update from Lexus Customer Satisfaction when I told them that my Motorola V600's work with the LS430 Bluetooth -

"Thank you for contacting Lexus Customer Satisfaction regarding your 2004 LS 430. Per our technical department, Motorola recently advised Lexus that they have updated V600 phone handsets with MAC addresses programmed that have "QA APPROVED" stickers on the upper right of the handset box. Phones with this update will not have to have their Bluetooth re-paired with the vehicle again and again."

My phones do NOT have the stickers on the boxes, and I do not have the pairing problem initially reported, so I asked them if I should be concerned. Waiting for a reply.

The one problem I see is that when I transfer phonebook entries, they end up backwards, ie. Voice Mail turns into Mail Voice in the LS430 phone book. This may be an operator problem as there are so many things to consider and have set properly. I am still learning.
Old 05-27-04 | 12:47 PM
photoman
Driver School Candidate

Thanks billnls430. My phones arrived this morning. They do not have the Q/A tag on the box. To access the version info, I went into the phone status menu, but it did not have "other information" as one of the selections. How did you access this feature. They are AT&T, right?
Old 05-27-04 | 08:31 PM
billnls430
Driver School Candidate

I have Cingular service and the V600's are labeled with Cingular.
Old 05-28-04 | 07:11 AM
billnls430
Driver School Candidate

Default Update from Lexus CS

Customer (William Nemecek) 05/27/2004 10:44 AM

Thank you for the reply. I checked the boxes that my V600 handsets came in
and they do NOT have the "QA APPROVED" stickers. The V600's seem to be
working OK. Should I be concerned?

Dear Mr. Nemecek,

Thank you for contacting Lexus Customer Satisfaction. For those phones that do not have the stickers, you should return their V600 phone handset to a Motorolla dealer and exchange it for one of the updated QA Approved handsets. If it has been 30 days since you bought the handset, you will need to contact Motorolla for assistance. I am sorry for any inconvenience this situation may cause you.

If you would like to discuss your concerns further, you can also reach the Lexus Customer Satisfaction Department at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Pacific Time.

Sincerely,
Richard Hollingsworth
Customer Satisfaction Representative
Old 05-28-04 | 10:27 AM
photoman
Driver School Candidate

I found the QA Approved on my boxes. It is not a sticker, it is part of the large white Bar Code label on the bottom flap.
Old 05-28-04 | 01:45 PM
billnls430
Driver School Candidate

Default QA Approved update

Originally posted by photoman
I found the QA Approved on my boxes. It is not a sticker, it is part of the large white Bar Code label on the bottom flap.
Thanks photoman, I had everyone looking for the sticker on the front of the box. I called Cingular back to have them look on the bar code label for "QA Approved". None of the phones they had have that notation yet. Still waiting to hear from the Motorola rep to get instructions on what to do.
Old 06-02-04 | 01:13 AM
mobilezen
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by Rexus300
Guys, why do you have to buy Motorola all the time!!???
they are terrible phones and have the most complaints for connectivities and etc. You need to buy Sony Ericsson or Nokia Phones and they will activate less than 10 secs and thats all there is to it. We discarded the motorola b/c it was worthless, flimsy, and terrible battery life. NOW, i will highly recommend you get a Bluetooth Sony Ericsson by ordering them directly from Sony Ericson.com and activate them using T-Mobile or AT &T which ever you like.
Tej
I disagree with you about your comment about Motorola. I used to feel the same way. The V500/V600 are incredibly solid phones. The V600 has had all these problems come up because AT&T prematurely released it. Cingular released their V600 only 2 weeks ago and T-Mobile is due for release next month. Just to play devils advocate, why buy a Sony Ericsson T610? The reception is horrible even after the R6C005 firmware upgrade. Why is the reception so much better on the T616 even though the phones are identical even down to the class 4 antennas? The T616 seeks the 850mhz band, therefore allows 2 watts of extra power to the antenna and that's why you get better reception on it. I used a T616 with T-Mobile with R1B027 firmware and it was a lot better than the T610 when I did a handset upgrade. Bottom line is, as much as you bash another company, many people feel comfortable with certain brands and styles. Why does someone need to buy a Sony Ericsson or Nokia? Both of them have become staples of the mobile industry. I have ran through the gambit of owning and testing over 25+ phones over the years and Motorola has definitely stepped up in their quality assurance. Now eye candy on the other hand, that is a different story as their UI needs a little help. I have no doubt that Motorola is getting their act together regardless of their past faults with the V70, V60, V66, etc etc.

Quick Reply: Motorola V600 and LS430 Bluetooth