LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Wald bodykit 2004 LS430

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-04, 01:58 PM
jsmoov24
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Wald bodykit 2004 LS430

Has anyone seen up close the Wald body kit for the 2004 LS430?? I have seen pictures but it's hard to tell how it really looks. I notice it's not too flashy, very contemporary look. I'm looking to get a body kit for my LS430 and I don't want anything really gaudy but I don't want a boring look either. Also on Wald's website they mention they have sport replacement fenders but they don't post any pictures and a couple of shops I have called said they can get them but they don't have pic's either. Has anyone seen those too? I like the fenders that AutoCouture which has with the integrated vents and I figured the Wald ones were similar.. One more thing, I want to put 22" chrome wheels the car, will 22"'s fit??
Old 06-30-04, 02:52 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Wald is known for their subtle, yet classy styling when it comes to their kits/wheels. I (nor anyone else) would call their kit for the '04 LS430, "really gaudy" or "boring"....I think it gives it a more clean/classy look to it that makes others think to themselves that there's something different about "that" LS which makes it look a whole lot better than a completely stock one.

Wald kit on a silver '04 (notice it's just an add-on lip kit):

For more pics:
http://www.wald-japan.co.jp/wald/cat...-exterior.html

The only CL member who's seen the Wald '04 LS430 in person is splitfire from what I can recall.

Here's one of the pics he took from a Tokyo auto show he attended:

The Wald fenders are very similar to the Auto Couture ones, but not identical. The only differences from what I can gather are that the Wald ones have only 2 vents and are shorter and a 'lil different in size compared to the AC fenders.

Close-up of the Wald fender:

Close-up of the Auto Couture fender:

If you can afford it, I'd say definitely go for it. You'd probably be one of the first to have a Wald kit on your '04 (or any body kit for that matter). But whatever you do, please do not think about putting 22" chrome wheels on it....I personally think it would ruin the look of a beautiful Wald LS. Not only would it just look wrong, but it wouldn't be able to fit properly without some major modifications to the fender/wheel wells (and I know you wouldn't to mess up those beautiful Wald fenders ). It's kind of ironic that you say you don't want it to look "too gaudy", yet you're planning on putting 22"s on it (and in chrome at that)...now if it was a BMW 7 series, then I could understand...but on an '04 Wald LS430? That's a ...JMHO...and as always...to each his own.

Last edited by BR1AN; 06-30-04 at 03:02 PM.
Old 06-30-04, 03:03 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by BR1AN
Wald is known for their subtle, yet classy styling when it comes to their kits/wheels. I (nor anyone else) would call their kit for the '04 LS430, "really gaudy" or "boring"....I think it gives it a more clean/classy look to it that makes others think to themselves that there's something different about "that" LS which makes it look a whole lot better than a completely stock one.

Wald kit on a silver '04 (notice it's just an add-on lip kit):

For more pics:
http://www.wald-japan.co.jp/wald/cat...-exterior.html

The only CL member who's seen the Wald '04 LS430 in person is splitfire from what I can recall.

Here's one of the pics he took from a Tokyo auto show he attended:

The Wald fenders are very similar to the Auto Couture ones, but not identical. The only differences from what I can gather are that the Wald ones have only 2 vents and are shorter and a 'lil different in size compared to the AC fenders.

Close-up of the Wald fender:

Close-up of the Auto Couture fender:

If you can afford it, I'd say definitely go for it. You'd probably be one of the first to have a Wald kit on your '04 (or any body kit for that matter). But whatever you do, please do not think about putting 22" chrome wheels on it....I personally think it would ruin the look of a beautiful Wald LS. Not only would it just look wrong, but it wouldn't be able to fit properly without some major modifications to the fender/wheel wells (and I know you wouldn't to mess up those beautiful Wald fenders ). It's kind of ironic that you say you don't want it to look "too gaudy", yet you're planning on putting 22"s on it (and in chrome at that)...now if it was a BMW 7 series, then I could understand...but on an '04 Wald LS430? That's a ...JMHO...and as always...to each his own.
21's look good on the LS430, maybe even 22
But you must have a Kit. Once lowered with a Kit, that will look awesome.

Last edited by LOTC; 06-30-04 at 03:04 PM.
Old 06-30-04, 07:24 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Wald kit looks great with 04 LS I like it in black or blue,
Old 07-01-04, 01:58 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wald also make a nice Supercharger for it.
Old 07-02-04, 12:18 AM
kchika
Driver School Candidate

The wald bodykit looks great with dark colored LS430's
Old 07-02-04, 06:42 AM
jsmoov24
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the feedback everyone, I have the Flint Mica exterior so I'm hoping the Wald kit will look great with that color, I want the full kit: bumpers, side skirrts, front fenders, rear deck lid spoiler and a roof spoiler from Auto Couture. what does everyone think about 22" rims in chrome?? one shop told me they can fit but I will not be able to lower the car which I was thinking about doing...
Old 07-02-04, 06:44 AM
jsmoov24
Driver School Candidate

oh by the way, by seeing pic's of the wald kit on black LS430's, it's hard to tell it has the kit unless you look very closely. is it like that up close? i want people to tell right away that I have a kit. and I do want the Wald exhaust too....
Old 07-02-04, 09:39 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

The Wald kit certainly looks elegant on a dark-colored LS like one shown in the pic, but I think the wheels should be like that on the silver LS, which has a bit more covering on the center and still keeping it the 5-spoke pattern. Not too crazy of the Wald fender; fenders like that are more reserved for the BMW M-series and the MB SL55s.

I dig the mirror blinkers in this LS

Old 07-02-04, 02:49 PM
kidcapp
Lead Lap

i have a 2004 ls430 flint mica just as you. i ordered the full wald body kit about 2 months ago it's in the usa all ready i should have it by late next week i will let you know how it looks i will try to take pictures before i put it on
Old 07-03-04, 03:56 AM
persian451
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

god i love the wald w/ the supercharger.
Old 07-03-04, 01:34 PM
jsmoov24
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by kidcapp
i have a 2004 ls430 flint mica just as you. i ordered the full wald body kit about 2 months ago it's in the usa all ready i should have it by late next week i will let you know how it looks i will try to take pictures before i put it on

Cool definitely let me know how it looks and if u can post pictures. A couple of people I know say I shouldn't get the Wald kit becuase they are just add on pieces and that it won't look right. They say add on pieces look cheap and it will make the car look cheap as if I couldn't afford a real kit where you have to replace whole bumpers, not just add on's. I told them they are crazy. any thoughts??
Old 07-03-04, 01:50 PM
kidcapp
Lead Lap

i think it's a real nice clean kit but it is a kit that you might not notice it that much like the fabulous kit or the junction produce kit
http://www.junction-produce.co.jp/en...gue/index.html
Attached Thumbnails Wald bodykit 2004 LS430-01.jpg  
Old 07-03-04, 01:55 PM
kidcapp
Lead Lap

junction produce kit
Attached Thumbnails Wald bodykit 2004 LS430-junction-produce.jpg  
Old 07-03-04, 02:07 PM
kidcapp
Lead Lap