LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

tranny recalls on new LS430

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-04, 06:14 PM
ssvalina
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appointed on Monday. I brought the car in today. The parts were on location (unlike my MULTIPLE experiences with BMW). the transmission and fuel pump were replaced, the tank topped off and the car was detailed. The owner advised me to expect a gift card for gas because of the inconvenience even though I was given a RX330 as a loaner. Kudos to Lexus of Orland Park, IL and the manufacturer.
Steve
3rd LS
4th Lexus
Old 08-06-04, 06:21 AM
duckdust
Driver School Candidate

Great Customer Service!!!

Yesterday in the mail I received a very nice letter from the General Manager from Lexus of Ann Arbor stating how sorry she was for any inconvience and included with the letter was a $25.00 gift certificate to Panera Bread Company!!!

With great customer service like this why would anyone buy anything but a Lexus?
Old 08-07-04, 12:17 PM
vicpai
Pole Position

Exclamation EXACTLY!!....

Originally posted by daryll40
Don't bet on it. Yeah, Lexus is great. But it was a pure business decision. If they thought they could get away with just fixing the bad cars, they would have.
.......All these companies are cut of the same cloth. If they can get away with something they surely will. They could care less if it's someone's life hanging in the balance. It's only about the "GREEN STUFF", Yeah!!

Just look at how Toyota/Lexus handled the "engine sludge issue" that plagued their VVT-i V6 models. They virtually ignored it until they were almost threatened into a class action law suit, and even then, they reluctantly addressed the issue in the most improper way, by blaming owners and pretending to voluntarily replace the engines out of the "goodness of their heart" ....YEAH, RIGHT! .....and this, when there was A TON of evidence (some of it from Toyota's own people) that it was a major design flaw!!

And it's not just Toyota I'm talking about! .....These kinds of things have basically confirmed my conviction that all of these Japanese companies, which, at one time, I would've been proud to call BULLETPROOF are headed downhill, and it's a steep slippery slope at that! It's really a cryin shame!

Last edited by vicpai; 08-07-04 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-07-04, 12:23 PM
vicpai
Pole Position

Arrow I have to agree with you on that one!

Originally posted by duckdust
Great Customer Service!!!

Yesterday in the mail I received a very nice letter from the General Manager from Lexus of Ann Arbor stating how sorry she was for any inconvience and included with the letter was a $25.00 gift certificate to Panera Bread Company!!!

With great customer service like this why would anyone buy anything but a Lexus?
.....at least their customer service is great! ....with my Acura I have to deal with some really sleazy scumbags!

I bought a used '99 LS 400 with 48K miles, in Cleveland, Ohio (it was out of warranty) and on the way back to Los Angeles (in the Chicago area) I started hearing some "banging noises" from the rear of the car. I called WOODFIELD LEXUS and explained my situation, and I can't believe how far they went to accomodate me. They were fully booked and couldn't take me in that day, but they said they would try and "squeeze me in" if possible. I promptly got a call back and they asked me to bring it in. Finally it ended up being a 15 minute job (the exhaust heat shield was hitting against the muffler). Then came the big surprise!! They did not charge me a dime for it. TOTAL COST= $0.00!! They said it was just done out of goodwill!! I was SIMPLY STUNNED by the level of service!! Unbelievable!!

Last edited by vicpai; 08-07-04 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-11-04, 11:03 PM
eblue
Rookie

Default Re: trans/fuel pump replacement

Originally posted by CaptBud330
Took my 2004 Ultra in at 8am and had it back by 4pm. New trans definately smoother then the old one. This is why I buy Lexus...integrity. CaptBud
i just got my recall replacements-didn't notice a smoother transmission
Old 08-13-04, 06:01 PM
ffitzgerald
Driver School Candidate

Default tranny recall on new LS430

After a call from the dealer I brought the car in at 7:30 AM this morning. Picked it up at 3:30PM this afternoon. Dealer filled the gas tank . Transmission is smoother shifting. Very good experience. Dealer said Lexus decided to replace rather than repair the transmission to insure it was done right,
Old 08-16-04, 06:10 AM
stanatl
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I received the recall notices (transmission and fuel pump). Made an appointment and was taken within days. Both the new transmission and fuel pump were in stock at the dealership. The replacements were completed in a day and a half and I received a new ("800 miles on it ) RX 330 as a loaner because I told them I had important customers coming in. Was told there would be a gas card coming to me in the mail because of the inconvenience. All in all a very positive experience for major recalls on a new upscale auto with 12,000 miles on it.

This contrasts to my experience with Audi (my previous car) when I had to have my radio and fuel sending unit replaced. Had to wait months for the parts and then each had to be replaced again because of defects in the replacement units. The total time to get them right was 5 months! Audi never had parts in house for any repair and theri overall service was awful. The worst part was their attitude.

The reality is that all cars have mechanical problems, and most owners do not have a problem with them if their service experience is positive. I've had MB's, Audi's and one Lexus before this one and no one does it better than Lexus service!!
Old 08-17-04, 04:18 PM
pvo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got mine replaced today. I had to leave it overnight. I got a full tank of gas back too . This is the first time ever. It does seem like the transmission is a lot smoother.
Old 08-17-04, 04:19 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 420 Likes on 286 Posts

I guess I outta run my gas down to fumes when taking it in!
Old 08-17-04, 05:35 PM
CaptBud330
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy full tank of gas?

I see some luck owners got a free tank of gas, detailing inside and out, or gift certificates for resturants. Hmmm, Lexus of Knoxville gave me the invoice. I can't complain, heck Lexus spent a lot of bucks replacing the trans and fuel pump but a tank of gas would have been nice.
Old 08-17-04, 07:49 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

Perks are always nice, but in the big scheme of things this is just a non-issue. I'll get my car fixed under their recall, accept whatever perks they do or do not give, and go on enjoying the best car out there.
Old 09-02-04, 09:51 PM
carguyay
Rookie

Angry What no trans ?

I took mine in for the recall 15,000 miles. Lexus of Orland had it 4 days. They didnt have a trans to replace mine. They said they didnt know it until they got mine out. Yes I had an Rx and the inside windows were so dirty I could hardly drive it at night. Speaking of the Rx I thought I would like one but after having one four days I really wouldn't want one. Maybe a GX. It seems like I am the guy that everyone makes mistakes with. The trans doesn't shutter in park any more like they all used to do.
Old 09-03-04, 08:59 PM
zdude
Driver School Candidate

Just had my transmission and fuel pump replaced. My dealer filled my tank, detailed my car (in and out) and also fixed a few paint chips My service manager also said I would be receiving a $200+ fuel card in the mail from Lexus
Old 09-09-04, 06:35 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

I had the tranny and fuel pump work done today. It seems fine. I didn't get any perks (so far) like you guys did...not even a fuel fill up. But as long as they did the work OK and the car was clean, etc. I am very satisfied.
Old 09-13-04, 04:49 PM
eblue
Rookie

Default (2) $100 exxon gas cards

received $200 worth of free gas from exxon plus another apology letter from lexus of torrance,calif
what can one say? not enough, too much?

Quick Reply: tranny recalls on new LS430