LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

tranny recalls on new LS430

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-04, 05:30 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 420 Likes on 286 Posts

I guess I should feel cheated...no perks...no gas....not even a fill up. I noticed that the invoice to Lexus was for $3800. I don't know if they'll get that or if it's like medical bills....the "sticker" amount is often many times the actual amount paid by the insurance company. Anyway, like I said, they did the work in a timely manner and met (but did not exceed) my expectations.
Old 09-14-04, 04:44 PM
eblue
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you should be getting a letter of apology with 2 exxon gas cards enclosed worth $200 total
Old 09-15-04, 05:00 AM
pvo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't received any apology letter although they did give me a full tank of gas.

It's so ironic that I brought my car in to fix potential problems but I ended up with 2 problems:
1. When they removed the back seat, they didn't put it back correctly. The car seat belt buckle of the middle is stuck beneath the seat.

2. A couple weeks later, my car died on the highway . I had it towed to the dealer. They found that the fuel pump and fuel float were not installed correctly.
Old 09-15-04, 06:51 PM
carguyay
Rookie

Thumbs down oh no

I am sorry to hear about this. I feel better about my repair problems.
Old 09-21-04, 10:57 AM
aaron300z
Driver School Candidate

The tranny problem is a total disaster for Toyota and Lexus. Consumer report should show data of these problems in the future so people can avoid this car. Lexus have to kiss your butt because they know that this boring car if it doesnt work nobody will buy it.

I can't imagine all those old people driving this POS and have to worry about a tranny going bad. Toyota Corolla dont have this kind of problem and only cost 16K.

I feel bad for people paying over 50k for a Toyota car and putting a Lexus logo on to of it

By the way Lexus sales in Europe are in the toilet. They can fool you here in USA but not in the rest of world. Next time same money and buy an Avalon

Consumer Report will get an email from me about the 14,000 tranny and fuel pump been replaced.
Old 09-21-04, 11:51 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Relax pal. Yes, a Corolla is a better dollar value No doubt about it. But the LS430 is the flagship and people like me who buy it aren't looking for the cheapest way to get from point A to point B. There are lots of people like you out there who get joy out of whacking someone else's expensive luxury. This is no big deal for us consumers. Lexus had a problem...albeit an expensive one FOR THEM...and is fixing it! And has already fixed mine and many others' here well. A mere speedbump in the ownership timeline. Not a big deal. .
Old 09-23-04, 10:34 AM
LXTASY
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

aaron300z, "I can't imagine all those old people driving this POS and have to worry about a tranny going bad. ". Would your assumption be comparable to "all people who live in Florida don't know how to vote"? I didn't know 45 was "old". Excuse me now, I have to go and change my depend.
Old 09-23-04, 10:52 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Yeah, I am 44 and probably had better hire a driver soon to take me back and forth from the nursing home in my newly retransmissioned Lexus!
Old 09-23-04, 11:46 PM
LexFather

Originally posted by aaron300z
The tranny problem is a total disaster for Toyota and Lexus. Consumer report should show data of these problems in the future so people can avoid this car. Lexus have to kiss your butt because they know that this boring car if it doesnt work nobody will buy it.

I can't imagine all those old people driving this POS and have to worry about a tranny going bad. Toyota Corolla dont have this kind of problem and only cost 16K.

I feel bad for people paying over 50k for a Toyota car and putting a Lexus logo on to of it

By the way Lexus sales in Europe are in the toilet. They can fool you here in USA but not in the rest of world. Next time same money and buy an Avalon

Consumer Report will get an email from me about the 14,000 tranny and fuel pump been replaced.
U are BEGGING to be

What is your issue. THe LS 400/430 has been the most reliable car in its class since its inception. Lexus is not perfect. No one is. But Lexus is the CLOSEST to it. At least they are admitting the problem and being pro-active withe fixing it instead of many othe car-makers I won't name.

Another outburst with baseless ranting and your gone.
Old 09-25-04, 11:28 PM
gserep1
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?

Yeah aaron300z,

What gives??? You are flaming the flagship of the LEXUS cars, guy. This has been a tremendous car since it was introduced in 1989. There has ALWAYS been more positives than negatives with this car.

Everyone is entitled to their OPINION, (and that is what you are rendering), but please don't rant and rave. You are making baseless statements about a great automobile.

I hope you can avoid all of those hurricanes down there, but please don't take it out on the LS if your nerves are frazzled. There is CONSIDERABLE difference between a Toyota Corolla, and a Lexus LS. I have owned and loved both, but they are NOT in the same class.

Most of us are NOT sorry we own a Lexus. I am sorry your experience was not so pleasant.

GSEREP1
Old 10-11-04, 05:01 PM
MikeC4w
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

I had mine done today at Lexus of Greenwich..... Like everything LEXUS does it was effortless.......
No problems, no fuss no muss. I brought it in at 9am they gave me a loaner like they always do
& 4 pm i was on my way with a clean car & a new transmission?????????? HOW do they do that???
They also replaced the recalled fuel pump at the same time & did my 10k service...............................
OK they are not perfect BUT when they DO have a problem it is handled with the UTMOST Professionalism....... I WILL NEVER own any thing else....
Old 10-12-04, 03:48 AM
MikeC4w
Driver School Candidate

just to follow up. There has not been 1 problem with a transmission in the US.
2 cars that were shipped to China slipped out of park. ON THIS ALONE, Lexus
has replaced 14,000 transmissions. The fuel pump deal was real. Mine crapped
out 2 months ago. They came & picked up the car, brought it to the dealership
( 90 miles away) then delievered it on a flatbed into my driveway the next day....
TRY to get that kind of service with a problem on ANY other make of car.
I'll stick with lexus, we have had 5 & i STILL feel they are the BEST Cars in the
world. not second third,,,,THE BEST