LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

audphile here's your asa st-3 pics (on my LS430)

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-05, 11:42 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JLAWS
I have the 04-05 Ls430 non chrome wheels for my LS430. The Lexus wheels are 18 x 7.5. NO ONE will sell them to you but the dealer. I waited 2 months and was never able to find them on ebay etc. Then I finally gave in and paid the $1750 for all 4. I think they are the best looking stock wheel for a car. Tied with Mercedes Amg monoblock S Class wheels

to Brian..... you know I believe they are the 18*8s and I have 245 series tires on them. for the other guy..... I was offered a price of 400 per wheel for the lexus rim from lexus-parts.com only because I am considered a good customer by them. I am strongly considering a dish type rim now as was suggested by several people here. I hate to admit it but they were right. the lexion type 201 or the work rezax [spelling] probably will be the choice in polished silver. those rims are gorgeous yet available in a rational 18 inch size too.
Old 04-25-05, 05:50 AM
JLAWS
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by digital_b
to Brian..... you know I believe they are the 18*8s and I have 245 series tires on them. for the other guy..... I was offered a price of 400 per wheel for the lexus rim from lexus-parts.com only because I am considered a good customer by them. I am strongly considering a dish type rim now as was suggested by several people here. I hate to admit it but they were right. the lexion type 201 or the work rezax [spelling] probably will be the choice in polished silver. those rims are gorgeous yet available in a rational 18 inch size too.

So weve got money laying around "B" The Lexion rims are hot but will run you about $600+ each non chrome. And 19" is not too irrational if you go with tire size 255/40/19. Should be more than bearable on Mass roads . Those will barely rub on full lock turns. I had 255/45/18 with no problems. I think those work Rezax II ? rims are even more expensive and looks like they need to ordered from Japan? Those will probably look like a smaller rim compared to your Asa's since anything with a lip shrinks the appearance of the rim. And if you can get those stock polished 18"s for $400 (with center caps ?) I highly recommend them. They are lightweight with a metallic polish paint finish and with tire size 235/50/18 they ride just like my 17's.
Old 04-25-05, 07:46 AM
Brian S
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to Brian..... you know I believe they are the 18*8s and I have 245 series tires on them. for the other guy..... I was offered a price of 400 per wheel for the lexus rim from lexus-parts.com only because I am considered a good customer by them. I am strongly considering a dish type rim now as was suggested by several people here.
So, does this mean you might be considering selling the ST3's *ahem*tome*ahem*?

Thanks,

Brian
Old 04-25-05, 10:28 AM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Brian S
So, does this mean you might be considering selling the ST3's *ahem*tome*ahem*?

Thanks,

Brian

actually if you can wait a couple of months I would.
Old 04-25-05, 10:34 AM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

So weve got money laying around "B" The Lexion rims are hot but will run you about $600+ each non chrome. And 19" is not too irrational if you go with tire size 255/40/19. Should be more than bearable on Mass roads . Those will barely rub on full lock turns. I had 255/45/18 with no problems. I think those work Rezax II ? rims are even more expensive and looks like they need to ordered from Japan? Those will probably look like a smaller rim compared to your Asa's since anything with a lip shrinks the appearance of the rim. And if you can get those stock polished 18"s for $400 (with center caps ?) I highly recommend them. They are lightweight with a metallic polish paint finish and with tire size 235/50/18 they ride just like my 17's.

as I am writing this on my craptastic sams club purchased laptop I cannot recover the email I got from a dealer quoting me 1799 for the lexion 201s. no way am I going past 18 even with the air suspension. my car rides better [to me] than it did with he stock 17/55 setup because its not so floaty. the 18/45 at least with the asa-continental combo feels planted.
Old 04-25-05, 12:30 PM
Brian S
Lead Lap

actually if you can wait a couple of months I would.
I wish I could. I either need to get rims and tires installed within the next few weeks, or get the new tires I have installed now and put this off until next year. I have been driving around on my snow tires and it's getting to be warm.

Thanks,

Brian
Old 05-18-05, 04:35 AM
afaleti
Driver

Default 18IN LS Rims now available online

I have the 04-05 Ls430 non chrome wheels for my LS430. The Lexus wheels are 18 x 7.5. NO ONE will sell them to you but the dealer. I waited 2 months and was never able to find them on ebay etc. Then I finally gave in and paid the $1750 for all 4. I think they are the best looking stock wheel for a car. Tied with Mercedes Amg monoblock S Class wheels
I was looking atthe same rims for my 99LS

OEM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33749

AfterMarket
http://www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com...ls/ls400.shtml

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33749
Old 05-29-07, 01:05 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

oh no... not MB rims (granted they are knockoff's) on Lexus again... this is the worst combo... so is putting different Lexus model wheels on different model lexus; GS wheels on LS etc... just get some nice aftermarket with a nic chrome lip!
Attached Thumbnails audphile here's your asa st-3 pics (on my LS430)-evolveside.jpg  
Old 06-03-07, 09:45 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KILLERGS4
oh no... not MB rims (granted they are knockoff's) on Lexus again... this is the worst combo... so is putting different Lexus model wheels on different model lexus; GS wheels on LS etc... just get some nice aftermarket with a nic chrome lip!
I respect your opinion but I would hope that you understand people have difference tastes and budgets than others. Yes, iForged, WORK, HRE, and other high end rims are nice BUT am I going to spend $5000+ for something that really does not matter much to me when I can get rims I like and that are appealing to me for $1600.

Can I afford $5000 for wheels...YES...will I ever spend that much on wheels? HELL NO!

If I can make myself happy and save thousands of dollars and be just as satisfied as someone who spends 3x as much, I think I've accomplished something.

I am a HUGE Lexus fan (owned 4) but my Lexus is a car.. it's not my home or an investment.. it's a car. Some people may value their cars much more than I do (not saying I don't value my car), so justifying thousands to appeal to themselves and others is just fine. You won't catch me doing it though.

I want my car to look clean and if I can pull that off at the low price, then I'm happy

99.99999999991% of people will never know my rims arn't stock (I'm putting Lexus centercaps on them).
Old 06-03-07, 09:57 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

considering that toyota OEM wheels will be the lightest and highest quality alloys u can buy sub the premium custom wheel level (HRE, iforged, DPE, etc...) i think that there isnt much wrong with swapping oem for OEM.
Old 06-04-07, 03:58 AM
afaleti
Driver

===================================================

KIllerGS4,

Thanks for the rim tip, but I cannot rationally justify rims that are 1/3 - 1/2 the value of the car (99LS).

Do those rims meet the Lexus standard?

http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_gara...2FMachined+Lip

Do you own all the cars listed on your post?

Cheers

2004 Lexus LS430 Ultra Lux / White on Saddle
2006 MB E350 AMG SPORT / Black on Black
---------------------------------------------
2004 BMW 545i / Silver on Black
1998 Lexus GS400 / Black on Tan
Old 06-04-07, 11:21 AM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by afaleti
===================================================

KIllerGS4,

Thanks for the rim tip, but I cannot rationally justify rims that are 1/3 - 1/2 the value of the car (99LS).

Do those rims meet the Lexus standard?

Do you own all the cars listed on your post?

Cheers

I completely agree! Though they wouldn't be worth half the value of my car, they would cost much more than I would ever rationalize spending.

I've been planning all sorts of home improvement projects and would feel much better and be smarter to put my money there.